Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 15 of 31 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 30 31
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I would stay out of the fray if I were Forbes Rifle. Hopefully if everything resolves, the guys with the bunk rifles will report that their rifles are fixed and that they are now satisfied. Later some guys or gals get new rifles that meet or exceed their expectations and post their experiences as "raving fans". This is how businesses turn around a tough product launch. I think it will resolve. I was disappointed to hear that some of their guns had quality control issues. I wanted to buy one and try it out. I will wait and anticipate them getting it together. Meanwhile NULA seems the way to go right now.

GB1

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by sns2
Speaking as the only person I know of who has had two successive faulty Forbes rifles, I fully expected to be contacted via pm on this forum...
You can't be serious...??? If you contact them at their site or their customer service, I'd expect to hear back, but if you are expecting them to contact you via PM here, and I think that is what you are implying, I'm betting you're going to wait an awful long time. Seriously though, good luck with your rifles. I hope you get the issues squared away.

I'd like to test drive one of these some day, but I'm holding out to see if they get the QC chit together first.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by shortactionsmoker
Let's take a step back for a second....

Rancho received a rifle with some bedding issues and an issue with failure to extract. In my opinion, he should have received the rifle back by now. Everything should stop and customer service issues should be priority one. He should receive a new stock, a sufficient bedding job and the issue with extraction should he completely resolved. This should be a very quick fix, no excuses.

Forbes (Titan) was watching this thread some time ago. In my opinion, they should have joined in, been apologetic and assured us these issues would be resolved with future production.

I could be wrong -- but the stocks are made by Melvin, not Titan. It would be interesting to know if Forbes receives the stocks fully inletted or that's their baby.

I still have no doubt Forbes will resolve the issues at hand....and I have no doubt it will shoot better out of the box than any Kimber I've ever seen.

Let's hope for Rancho's sake that everything comes back perfect. If not, he should be reimbursed in full -- no questions asked.

The irony in this thread -- Rancho isn't the one crying. He's posted photos and been extremely patient. We've all been overly critical (including me), while Rancho has taken everything in stride...

Good points here...good post.

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Any update, Rancho Loco? I hope they have taken care of this by now.

I really like Forbes rifles, and hope they can improve on their QC. It is the easiest ultralight for me to shoot accurately, and overall I am very happy with mine.

Last edited by sigguy; 05/23/14.
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Nothing.

Time to fish, or cut bait.

Originally Posted by captain seafire
I replace valve cover gaskets every 50K, if they don't need them sooner...
IC B2

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
This sounds like a Kimber thread from a few years ago.

The 280 Remington is overbore.

The 7 Rem Mag is over bore.
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by bonefish
I would stay out of the fray if I were Forbes Rifle. Hopefully if everything resolves, the guys with the bunk rifles will report that their rifles are fixed and that they are now satisfied. Later some guys or gals get new rifles that meet or exceed their expectations and post their experiences as "raving fans". This is how businesses turn around a tough product launch. I think it will resolve. I was disappointed to hear that some of their guns had quality control issues. I wanted to buy one and try it out. I will wait and anticipate them getting it together. Meanwhile NULA seems the way to go right now.

Tripe. There are many that were ready to buy that won't. Those not here contemplating will Google and land here. Given the response RL has received, not, is a clear indicator of the company for me. As I wrote earlier, for Mel so sit back and let this fester is stunning.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
15 working days back in house, and I'd have to say the lack of communication is what's shocking at this point..

I'm tempted to hold on to this rig only as a collector's item, because I don't see many more being built before the lights go off in the factory.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Hmmmm....you wanna trade it for a stainless 700 mountain rifle 7-08 in an Edge?

I enjoy handguns and I really like shotguns,...but I love rifles!
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Perhaps sending it to Melvin Forbes may have been the thing to do. Hindsight????

laissez les bons temps rouler
IC B3

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I have a brand new scope at Trijicon for repair. They claim a 4-6 week turn time. Dot did not perform correctly. Has been 4 weeks and just got moved to "repair" status. Dropped a pair of Hawke binoculars and screwed up one of the eye cups. They fixed them for free and had them back in about a week. Got them this week. Companies vary on turn time of repairs. Perhaps Forbes is rebuilding the rifle. Certainly someone should be able to tell you what is going on with it if you call in.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I used to own a ford F250. When there was a problem, I would need to call to see if they were looking at it, what the problem was, ETA, how much, etc. etc.. Truck would sit in the same spot for days, while I was told their best guy was looking at it.

Bought a Nissan, when I took it in, I would recieve constant calls updating me on when they were looking at it, what the problem was, ETA, etc. etc.. If I drove by, it was in the bay when they said they were working on it.

Think I was happy with the ford, and would want another one?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
15 days?

Chit.....Mcmillan takes near 3/4 of a year to make a fiberglass stock. More than a few gunsmiths take twice that just to lose a few screws and scratch your chit up. laugh

Why people don't get customer service is beyond me. There really is nothing simpler.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by MadMooner
15 days?

Chit.....Mcmillan takes near 3/4 of a year to make a fiberglass stock. More than a few gunsmiths take twice that just to lose a few screws and scratch your chit up. laugh

Why people don't get customer service is beyond me. There really is nothing simpler.

Problem with the above statement is THEY'RE making something, not fixing something they [bleep] up.

In the day and age of the lovely internet, all it takes is a simple follow up.

If someone is asking the same question every day it's one thing, but a simple courtesy call/e-mail goes a long way.

Life is just one damned thing after another
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
15 days?

15 working days.. Communication is one of the easiest and effective tools in modern business, with email, text, and constant phone contact, and it's astonishing when companies fail at it.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
OP - think you are right, with no quality in the mfg nor any communication given the gravity of their reputation on the line, I anticipate they may well be dead in the water.

Personally if that is how they treat a customer, they won't get my respect, or $$$

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by Rancho_Loco
15 days?

15 working days.. Communication is one of the easiest and effective tools in modern business, with email, text, and constant phone contact, and it's astonishing when companies fail at it.

I wrote on their face book about a week ago that they need to answer emails, especially from people who have a rifle that won't function. I got back a message the next day that said to the effect "sorry, I've been out of town for the gun show, I've got 2 weeks to catch up on" Then I linked another message there to this thread. A few days later, I got another message saying my message had been found and answered. I don't know who they thought I was unless some other Randy had a problem with a rifle.

I thought they had answered you, when they said they had answered me. It makes me wonder how many problem rifles they are having to answer for.

Sorry, if I did anything that you didn't approve of. I was very nice in my answer back and said I just wanted them to succeed, and I hoped they could get things worked out, which really is the truth. Someone is seriously dropping the ball here though. All I can see is that they must have a serious revenue problem, and are rushing to fill the gap with sales, but these returns will kill them in the long run since it will only lead to worse revenue problems.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
This is no way to run a business.
Just wrong and lame.

Some people need to be looking for another job.

Texas
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Been a very informative thread.

I hate it for Rancho, but his experience has been educational.

Being able to screw a rifle together doesn't make someone a businessman.

Looks like this is strike 2 on mass producing light rifles.

One of the biggest mistakes most start ups make is focusing just on sales, production and delivery.

QC is haphazard and customer service is someone's Mother in law that doesn't have a clue. There is no mechanism set up to review & diagnose problems, make the necessary changes and keep the customer informed.

The inevitable problems begin piling up and before long you have a mountain of pissed off customers because you keep making the same mistakes, not addressing problems and not communicating effectively.

By the time you start circling the drain it's too late.

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Originally Posted by Rancho_Loco
I used to own a ford F250. When there was a problem, I would need to call to see if they were looking at it, what the problem was, ETA, how much, etc. etc.. Truck would sit in the same spot for days, while I was told their best guy was looking at it.

Bought a Nissan, when I took it in, I would recieve constant calls updating me on when they were looking at it, what the problem was, ETA, etc. etc.. If I drove by, it was in the bay when they said they were working on it.

Think I was happy with the ford, and would want another one?

Funny, I went through something similar with a Dodge years ago, switched over to Toyota and haven't looked back.

Forbes needs a dedicated customer service department. The " I was out of the office for x...." doesn't cut it. It's all about setting reasonable expectations, maintaining communications, and then delivering.

RL, I'd be calling them every day and punching out to get a live voice to ask for updates. You have a lot more patience than I would have.

Forbes has a great product; it's a shame that they haven't pulled customer service together yet.

Last edited by sigguy; 05/25/14.
Page 15 of 31 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 30 31

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

407 members (30incher, 1_deuce, 17CalFan, 280ACKIMP, 257_X_50, 348winchester, 49 invisible), 2,672 guests, and 1,391 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,753
Posts18,476,304
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.