Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
It's been years ago but somebody (Frontline, 20-20, not sure) did a whole investigative report on this very thing. OTOH, now that everything is so tech driven, it could be as easy as this:

http://autos.aol.com/article/report-many-gas-pumps-overcharge-customers/

If there's one thing I've become certain of it's that there's too much certainty in the world.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Used to have a '72 'vette that I had recently installed the optional BIG tank. This was a brand spankin' new OEM/GM tank that I had removed from its original box.

Squeaky clean inside but after looking in the tank following a fillup the "gas" was a milky barely translucent liquid ???

Drained it when I got home.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Happened to me one time when I was still living in alabama. Gas gauge was on 1/4 full and took 24 gallons to fill it up. My SUV has a 21 Gallon Tank. Duh.

Beware of thieves, scammers and dishonest members on the "Fire" classifieds. Ya there is a thief here too. Whatever!!

They're all around the CampFire and everywhere.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by guyandarifle
It's been years ago but somebody (Frontline, 20-20, not sure) did a whole investigative report on this very thing. OTOH, now that everything is so tech driven, it could be as easy as this:

http://autos.aol.com/article/report-many-gas-pumps-overcharge-customers/

-------------------------------------------------------------

The report I remember was in new york city - they only gave about 4/5th of a gallon for the gallon full price. If they saw someone filling up a gallon fuel tank the store owner could flip a switch behind the counter and you would then get a full gallon.
The owner owned several gas stations and this amounted to hundreds of thousands of dollars per year.

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
If the hajji-mart is willing to sell 'bath salts' as part of their inventory

I'm sure they have no problem ripping you off at the pump

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Ya'll ever notice they got three grades of gasoline but only one tanker to refill the tanks?

laugh

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by mirage243
Most of this sh*t wouldn't be happening if all the gas stations and convenience stores weren't owned by them f*ckin' rag heads. Those c*ck suckers will try to f*ck you any chance they get. Smelly, goat lovin' pricks, I avoid 'em like the plague.

Having a bad day are you?

Gloria In Excelsis Deo!

Originally Posted by Calvin
As far as gear goes.. The poorer (or cheaper) you are, the tougher you need to be.

gpopecustomknives.com

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Internal bulkheads for varying grades. That's how they are built from the factory.

"Americans have the right and advantage of being armed-unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms." James Madison
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by snubbie
Originally Posted by mirage243
Most of this sh*t wouldn't be happening if all the gas stations and convenience stores weren't owned by them f*ckin' rag heads. Those c*ck suckers will try to f*ck you any chance they get. Smelly, goat lovin' pricks, I avoid 'em like the plague.

Having a bad day are you?

Nope, I'm having a great day, I can't stand those ph*ckers anytime, whether I'm having a good day or not.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by steve99
Internal bulkheads for varying grades. That's how they are built from the factory.

And they only deliver 2 grades. Premium and none. The mid grade is line mixed as its delivered between the 2 grades.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
IC B3

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by MColeman
We need to put a stop to this outrageous cheating of customers.

I'm with you. Let's start in Washington, D.C.

"I never thought I'd live to see the day that a U.S. president would raise an army to invade his own country."
Robert E. Lee
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I have been in the petroleum equipment business for 34 years. In all those years myself or one of my tech's has never come across someone intentionally trying to cheat customers. I'm not saying it doesn't happen, because I know it does. In all of the cases we have found it has been do to a failed mechanical or electronic part/device.

Here in Nebraska our Weights and Measures people are at stations once a year. I can see how in more populated states that might not be the case. It's always a good idea to know your vehicle and watch the displays and your receipts. My advice if you feel you have been cheated is to call your local weights and measures office. Most complaints here are investigated the same day.

Sam is very correct in his statement about the card readers at the pumps. I sell and service them every day and will not use a card at one. I always go inside. In the last two years my guys have found between eight and ten "skimmers" installed on card readers. We have strict orders that if we locate one we are to call the local Secret Service office and not to touch or remove the device.

Mike

Know fat, know flavor. No fat, no flavor.

I tried going vegan, but then realized it was a big missed steak.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Mickey, and all
If you suspect you're being cheated at the gas pump, or weights of meat , produce at the grocery stores or even getting less than a full cord of firewood, get in touch with your local bureau of Weights and Measures.
Every gas pump & scale used to sell a product to the public is required to be checked and certified every year.
My Dad was deputy sealer of Weights and Measures for some thirty odd years, he specialized in all forms of liquid measure. Gas pumps, lpg meters, dairy milk tanks etc etc etc. But he could do it all.

Note: all the fuel he metered into the testing canisters was returned to the underground storage tanks.

Last edited by DesertSandman; 05/30/14. Reason: added text
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

591 members (007FJ, 21, 160user, 1234, 1beaver_shooter, 219 Wasp, 71 invisible), 2,587 guests, and 1,321 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,088
Posts18,482,916
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.