K

�Nothing is so permanent as a temporary government program." -- Milton Friedman
GB1

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J

So do I. He is sporting the Muslim beard and is in excellent shape to have been a prisoner.

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
I hope not ...

D
djs Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by jwp475

So do I. He is sporting the Muslim beard and is in excellent shape to have been a prisoner.

I have never met or seen Bergdahl, nor have I seen pictures of him since his release, but:

- Maybe the Taliban didn't issue him a razor and his beard actually grew (it happens!)

- If the Taliban didn't issue him new, clean GI uniforms (from the PX?), perhaps he is just wearing the clothing they gave him (it's better than freezing in the winter)

- Since he has lived for 5 years, they obviously fed him. I don't know (perhaps you do) what shape he is actually in. I'll wait for a report before deciding.

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by djs

I have never met or seen Bergdahl, nor have I seen pictures of him since his release, but:

- Maybe the Taliban didn't issue him a razor and his beard actually grew (it happens!)

- If the Taliban didn't issue him new, clean GI uniforms (from the PX?), perhaps he is just wearing the clothing they gave him (it's better than freezing in the winter)

- Since he has lived for 5 years, they obviously fed him. I don't know (perhaps you do) what shape he is actually in. I'll wait for a report before deciding.

He was able to put on a white short and dress well for the press, so he could have shaved as, don't you think.

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
IC B2

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T

It's not unheard of for a long-time prisoner to feign conversion to Islam to avoid being killed.

Don't know if this guy did, or not. Don't know anything about him. But I am pretty sure that anything and everything we read about this guy in the MSM or the internet is going to be contradictory and totally unreliable.

I would not have paid his ransom, in any case.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana

that's his father and yes his father is a muslim.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J

A tweet from his father, maybe this will help.

[Linked Image]

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
http://www.ijreview.com/2014/06/143...-father-deletes-a-very-disturbing-tweet/

[Linked Image]

Freed American POW�s Father Deletes A Very Disturbing Tweet: Throws Prisoner Exchange in Question

On Saturday morning the Obama administration happily announced that we were now negotiating with terrorists and that Bowe Bergdahl would be freed in an agreement with the Taliban that would allow five dangerous terrorists to be released from Guantanamo Bay.

Bowe�s father Bob Bergdahl appeared with Obama for the announcement:
[Linked Image]

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
IC B3

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Is that tweet for real, and is that fro his dad?

Either way, BB has been cooped up in a [bleep] hole for 5 years, I think the last thing I'll do is judge his coping mechanisms.

Originally Posted by Archerhunter

Quit giving in inch by inch then looking back to lament the mile behind ya and wonder how to preserve those few feet left in front of ya. They'll never stop until they're stopped. That's a fact.
J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by Crockettnj
Is that tweet for real, and is that fro his dad?

Either way, BB has been cooped up in a [bleep] hole for 5 years, I think the last thing I'll do is judge his coping mechanisms.

You know for a fact "BB has been cooped up in a [bleep] hole for 5 years"? Not sure that anyone knows at this point.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Wikipedia has interesting stuff on Bergdahl.

This is just a snippet ...

Last email to parents[edit]
On June 27, 2009, according to Rolling Stone,[17] Bowe sent a final e-mai�l to his parents: "The future is too good to waste on lies. And life is way too short to care for the damnation of others, as well as to spend it helping fools with their ideas that are wrong. I have seen their ideas and I am ashamed to even be american. The horror of the self-righteous arrogance that they thrive in. It is all revolting."

His email went on to describe his disillusionment in the army: "In the US army you are cut down for being honest... but if you are a conceited brown nosing [bleep] bag you will be allowed to do what ever you want, and you will be handed your higher rank... The system is wrong. I am ashamed to be an american. And the title of US soldier is just the lie of fools...I am sorry for everything here. These people need help, yet what they get is the most conceited country in the world telling them that they are nothing and that they are stupid, that they have no idea how to live. We don't even care when we hear each other talk about running their children down in the dirt streets with our armored trucks... We make fun of them in front of their faces, and laugh at them for not understanding we are insulting them...I am sorry for everything. The horror that is america is disgusting...There are a few more boxes coming to you guys. Feel free to open them, and use them."

Link to the rest of the story

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bowe_Bergdahl

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J

Very compelling evidence.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It's a bizarre story. What would make an American who enlisted turn to the darkside?

Was it PTSD?

I'm not trying to make excuses for him but ... ???

I wonder if his fellow soldiers or his commanding officers were aware that he was going rogue?

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J

If this is as true as it seems then the answer is yes.

http://www.ijreview.com/2014/06/143...ory-fears-reprisal-obama-administration/

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by stxhunter

I have no idea if the guy's a deserter but I've had a nagging question for quite a while...Since muslims for the most part, view this war as a war on their religion, why in the world are they being allowed to serve? Freedom of religion? Back in WWII would a Nazi party affiliate have been allowed to serve? I think not.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I can understand someone who was drafted against their will going rogue but he volunteered.

What happened to the man and his mind?

If others were aware of this how should it have been handled?

Do you take him off the battlefield and send him back home for mental evaluation?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Middlefork_Miner
Originally Posted by stxhunter

I have no idea if the guy's a deserter but I've had a nagging question for quite a while...Since muslims for the most part, view this war as a war on their religion, why in the world are they being allowed to serve? Freedom of religion? Back in WWII would a Nazi party affiliate have been allowed to serve? I think not.

Was BB a muslim when he enlisted?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
For some more in depth insight...

Bowe Bergdahl

It ain't what you don't know that makes you an idiot...it's what you know for certain, that just ain't so...

Most people don't want to believe the truth~they want the truth to be what they believe.

Stupidity has no average...
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

440 members (007FJ, 22kHornet, 160user, 10Glocks, 1lesfox, 222ND, 37 invisible), 2,148 guests, and 1,164 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,392
Posts18,469,896
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.