Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
http://blog.sfgate.com/nov05electio...fornians-vote-for-leland-yee/#21909101=0

One of the odder stats of Election Night: As of Wednesday morning, 287,590 Californians had cast ballots for indicted state Sen. Leland Yee for secretary of state. That�s good for nearly 10 percent of the vote.

That�s also more votes than five other secretary of state candidates who haven�t been indicted received.

Never mind for a second that the San Francisco Democrat has been indicted on multiple federal money laundering and weapons charges. Yee DROPPED OUT of the race in March. Folks were voting for an indicted man who didn�t even want their votes.

On a largely sleepy election night, the Twittersphere was full of tweets charting �Uncle Leland�s� �progress� throughout the evening:

[Linked Image]

Proud NRA Life Member

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Crazy man crazy! crazy

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Liberals are a stupid lot.

Broncos are officially the worst team in the nation this year.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Read this earlier today. Unfrknbelievable. Damn we have some stupid people in the bay area and LA. I know there are some good people on the coast, but they are not the norm.

Sean
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
grin

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

IC B2

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Sal, you are gonna make yourself sick continuing to read the news there. If I were still there and could not leave for many good reasons I would live like a hermit and not read a bit of media. This from one that truly enjoyed growing up there on the Sacramento Delta from 1961 - 1995. I do feel for you.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
On a whole, liberals are some of the dumbest people on the planet and they want to elevate other liberals. (misery loves company) They don�t care how corrupt the candidate is so long as they have the same liberal religion. How do you think obummer got elected twice. Liberal dumocraps are a cancer on this nation.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
it's not so much that Californians, or liberals are stupid, it's that they vote what they see as their best interests. The recipient class of Americans was created for this express purpose.

Sam......

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by EdM
Sal, you are gonna make yourself sick continuing to read the news there. If I were still there and could not leave for many good reasons I would live like a hermit and not read a bit of media. This from one that truly enjoyed growing up there on the Sacramento Delta from 1961 - 1995. I do feel for you.

Thank you Ed, I appreciate your compassion.

I've lived here in California all my life and used to defend it from the army of California haters out there that assault us verbally every day on these outdoor message boards.
I've had tremendous fishing and hunting all of my life, probably better than a lot who live in the so called "outdoor destination states"
I've lived a good,rural life living on a cattle ranch for some time and now on a piece of ground in the hills that is surrounded with wildlife and pretty decent minded rural valued folks.

I say "used to defend California" as in past tense now, when I first joined here I tried to show that it was wrong to generalize the entire state in a way that so many others view California.
I've watched people like us (hunters, ranchers, trappers, houndsmen, shooters) come under attack for so many years now, and things are rapidly getting worse if you monitor what's on the agenda.

I watched as the public voted away our ability to hunt mountain lions.

I watched as the power of the majority took away our trapping.

I watched as the left leaning majority rallied behind the banning of hound hunting for bears and bobcats.

I shook my head as they banned the hunting of game with lead bullets.

I watched the huge petition drives to ban the coyote hunting contest in Adin that I enjoyed over the years.
(That ban is in the works right now.)

Now they are protecting wolves that technically don't even live here yet. crazy
How ya think that's going to affect hooved ungulates in this state?

Then there are the ridiculously restrictive gun laws and the strangulating rules and regulations of every kind, Hell, in 2014 alone over 800 new laws were put on the books......When T.F. is it ever going to end?

Truth is it's not.

California is run by the large population centers that are some of the most liberal minded in the entire country, they set the rules, they dictate what you can or cannot do, even in the remote regions of this huge state.
Most conservative people b.i.t.c.h, piss and moan about California's outrageously liberal politicians, you know, Feinstein, Pelosi, Boxer, Brown, (and his underling who is the worst you could possibly imagine if you are a hunter) lieutenant Governor Gavin Newsome, just to mention a few.
The BIGGER problem is the fact that these cretins continue to get re-elected year after year after year and the reason they do is because they ARE EXACTLY what the majority of citizens in this state WANT!
It's the overwhelming population and their urban liberal culture that is the problem more than the present cast of figure heads in office, if it weren't that bunch I mentioned above, it would be a list of different names with the same beliefs and values.

I know how good rural California is, from the high sage of Modoc County to the rugged Trinity Alps to , to the beautiful Sierra Nevada mountains. I've thoroughly enjoyed the incredible salmon and steelhead fishing, exceptional waterfowling and upland gamebird hunting and I've always had plenty of bucks to look at on over the counter tags, but us conservative rural types are outnumbered so vastly that our tiny voices simply don't matter any more.

I have a beautiful home in the country, that physically lets me escape the madness of the Bay Area rat race and have spent a lifetime in many of the best regions of the state.
Maybe I read too much news or follow too much politics, but I'm truly at wits end.

Proud NRA Life Member
E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
It's ok, Sal. They were Dimocraps. As Sac, nwa and ghost would say- the enlightened ones.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Sal,being from New York STATE, I have similar problems. We have that disgusting schitthole New York City to contend with. Remember this is where Tammany Hall really was and they set the path for the demorat party forever. We are making some headway here as there are a LOT of more conservative folks than makes Albany and NYC comfy. NYC elected a fuggin communist to the mayoral post.

Be afraid,be VERY VERY afraid
ad triarios redisse
My Buddy eh76 speaks authentic Frontier Gibberish!
[Linked Image]
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
salmonella, I feel your pain.
I was born in Oakhurst California dead center of the last century. we lived a simple life just 14 miles from the south gate of Yosemite and spent most weekends in the park or Bayshore meadows. went to summer camp in the park. climbed El Capitan and half dome when I was in my teens. got into business after the "police action" in S.E.A.
fought the erosion of rights in the state with all I had. had a gun shop in L.A. county until the Stockton shooting. the lib's and bill cliton made it impossible for me to continue.
my wife worked in Lancaster. when we moved to the area you would see horses being ridden down the main street. when it got so bad that a gang wanna be crawled into my wife's boss's wife's car when she was getting gas with the orders to rape, kill her, take the car I knew it was time to get out. sold the house in 5 days and headed north. I greave for the lost California. it was killed, murdered, by the libs. there is life after commiefornia.

the consolidation of the states into one vast republic, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of that ruin which has overwhelmed all those that have preceded. Robert E Lee
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
"Pajama voters"

Too stupid to know what they're even voting for

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I lived in CA off & on for 17 years, except for a few months in North Carolina. Lived both in the Bay Area, and the Central Valley.

I still have good friends there, might even still be there had the job not turned into a dead end.

But I'm not moving back. Period.

The thing that gets me is the state is always deep in debt, yet every year the last week of the month the TV stations come out and say, "Okay! Here's the highlights of the 800 new laws that take effect next week!" with a big smile on their face. The nanny staters just keep piling on new laws, and its a big secret until just before they take effect.

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
I attended the meeting in Eureka for the "citizen input" for the implementation of AB711 hosted by the CAFW. I lost it. I left the meeting so pissed I could no longer remain there. Smoke, mirrors and lies. Nssf rep was there and exposed the admin. for AS711 from CAFW for incomplete imformation given to the attendants. No less than 10 armed CAFW officers were there, I would guess for a show of force.
I will not be attending another meeting of this type.
All is lost in Ca.

Allan

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Record breaking turnout... less than 15% (14.76%) of registered voters!

The majority of voters figured all of the races were a foregone conclusion... so no need to vote!

And even though this Leland scandal was after a year long investigation... it has only recently come to a head and hadn't gotten much press!

Still people in his area should have known about it all for quite awhile!

Phil

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Salmonella
Originally Posted by EdM

Thank you Ed, I appreciate your compassion.

I've lived here in California all my life and used to defend it from the army of California haters out there that assault us verbally every day on these outdoor message boards.
I've had tremendous fishing and hunting all of my life, probably better than a lot who live in the so called "outdoor destination states"
I've lived a good,rural life living on a cattle ranch for some time and now on a piece of ground in the hills that is surrounded with wildlife and pretty decent minded rural valued folks.

I say "used to defend California" as in past tense now, when I first joined here I tried to show that it was wrong to generalize the entire state in a way that so many others view California.
I've watched people like us (hunters, ranchers, trappers, houndsmen, shooters) come under attack for so many years now, and things are rapidly getting worse if you monitor what's on the agenda.

I watched as the public voted away our ability to hunt mountain lions.

I watched as the power of the majority took away our trapping.

I watched as the left leaning majority rallied behind the banning of hound hunting for bears and bobcats.

I shook my head as they banned the hunting of game with lead bullets.

I watched the huge petition drives to ban the coyote hunting contest in Adin that I enjoyed over the years.
(That ban is in the works right now.)

Now they are protecting wolves that technically don't even live here yet. crazy
How ya think that's going to affect hooved ungulates in this state?

Then there are the ridiculously restrictive gun laws and the strangulating rules and regulations of every kind, Hell, in 2014 alone over 800 new laws were put on the books......When T.F. is it ever going to end?

Truth is it's not.

California is run by the large population centers that are some of the most liberal minded in the entire country, they set the rules, they dictate what you can or cannot do, even in the remote regions of this huge state.
Most conservative people b.i.t.c.h, piss and moan about California's outrageously liberal politicians, you know, Feinstein, Pelosi, Boxer, Brown, (and his underling who is the worst you could possibly imagine if you are a hunter) lieutenant Governor Gavin Newsome, just to mention a few.
The BIGGER problem is the fact that these cretins continue to get re-elected year after year after year and the reason they do is because they ARE EXACTLY what the majority of citizens in this state WANT!
It's the overwhelming population and their urban liberal culture that is the problem more than the present cast of figure heads in office, if it weren't that bunch I mentioned above, it would be a list of different names with the same beliefs and values.

I know how good rural California is, from the high sage of Modoc County to the rugged Trinity Alps to , to the beautiful Sierra Nevada mountains. I've thoroughly enjoyed the incredible salmon and steelhead fishing, exceptional waterfowling and upland gamebird hunting and I've always had plenty of bucks to look at on over the counter tags, but us conservative rural types are outnumbered so vastly that our tiny voices simply don't matter any more.

I have a beautiful home in the country, that physically lets me escape the madness of the Bay Area rat race and have spent a lifetime in many of the best regions of the state.
Maybe I read too much news or follow too much politics, but I'm truly at wits end.

I hear you brother.

I left 17 years ago, because "they" had spoiled it for me. As I wasn't a multi millionaire I couldn't afford to get away from them and enjoy the state. I didn't even realize how bad it was until I left and how much of their insanity I'd accepted as "normal"

Alaska isn't perfect, and just as it is a land of extremes, we have political extremes as well and our share of left wing extremists. But buy and large we actually tolerate and accept each other for who we are.

Good luck if you decide to remain in occupied territory.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Take that as a gift. 287,000 fewer votes for a legitimate liberal candidate.

It takes a village to raise an idiot.
E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by Greyghost
Record breaking turnout... less than 15% (14.76%) of registered voters!

The majority of voters FIGURED all of the races were a foregone conclusion... so no need to vote!

And even though this Leland scandal was after a year long investigation... it has only recently come to a head and hadn't gotten much press!

Still people in his area should have known about it all for quite awhile!

Phil

That's a lie. I think it's pretty obvious most Ca. voters don't figure.

Last edited by eyeball; 06/05/14.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
287000 people didn't actually vote for him. That's just the automatic "cushion" that democrats get.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

74 members (BALLISTIK, 6mmbrfan, 907brass, Akhutr, 7mm_Loco, 10gaugemag, 8 invisible), 1,483 guests, and 949 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,748
Posts18,495,222
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.