-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1,374 of 1,842 1 2 1372 1373 1374 1375 1376 1841 1842
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
just heard my Mom and my great aunt who is 89 just drew their south dakota cow elk tags. I'm getting my (recently deceased) Uncle's 30-06 and putting a decent scope on it for mom so she can shoot her first elk with her big brother's rifle. my aunt will be using her 30-06 that she used to hunt with when my uncle would come out every fall. they have been taking it hard since he passed and I urged them to put in for this tag. they are shocked that they drew it their first time. I have already lined up a private farm, not big but it frequently has elk on it. I sure hope they both get their cows and truly have a hunt of a lifetime. I'll keep everyone updated as the year progresses.

Beware of any old man in a profession where one usually dies young.

Calm seas don't make sailors.
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Wow! That's great Ryan! I hope if I'm lucky enough to see 89 that I will be able to hunt elk!

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by rflshtr
That explains a lot! grin

grin

For some reason, she didn't find the humor in it that I did. laugh

Camp is where you make it.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Cool Ryan! I wish them success and more elk than they can eat... mostly so you can cook some steaks for me when I get there. grin

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Absolutely awesome, Ryan. I wish them both all the luck in the world. It would be great if they can fill their tags.

It now appears that my son and GS will be joining us in camp this fall. My GS was given the choice of hunting in Idaho with a family friend or Grandpa. Gramps won. smile

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except for bears. Bears kill you.
IC B2

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Awesome Bill!

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by CharlieFoxtrot
I had a couple of overgrown spruces in the yard fairly close to the house. Wife wanted them gone and so they're history. Now I got a couple of stumps that I've been chopping the roots for a few days now. These things have a heck of a tap root. Hooked them up to the truck and they barely budge. Any ideas how to get em out? And no, I don't own a Cat. Or dynamite. wink

I took 3 evergreens (and a 4th stump) from my yard a few years ago. I rented a very large stump grinder. It took about 1/2 a Saturday to get the stumps out, but that grinder got down deep. I can't imagine trying to chop it out. Ooof!

“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
― Patrick Rothfuss, The Wise Man's Fear
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by mule1
Originally Posted by New_2_99s
M1,

7 x 57 Cartridge is old & gay ! smile

Pffftt !

You better pass me a beer so we can talk this over !

That made me laugh out loud.

whistle Much like Ingwe !

laugh Then I got the desired result !

Paul.

"Kids who grow up hunting, fishing & trapping, do not mug little old Ladies"
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Azar
Originally Posted by CharlieFoxtrot
I had a couple of overgrown spruces in the yard fairly close to the house. Wife wanted them gone and so they're history. Now I got a couple of stumps that I've been chopping the roots for a few days now. These things have a heck of a tap root. Hooked them up to the truck and they barely budge. Any ideas how to get em out? And no, I don't own a Cat. Or dynamite. wink

I took 3 evergreens (and a 4th stump) from my yard a few years ago. I rented a very large stump grinder. It took about 1/2 a Saturday to get the stumps out, but that grinder got down deep. I can't imagine trying to chop it out. Ooof!

I left for work and had stumps and came home from work and had no stumps. Sent the guy a check in the mail. The older I get the more I like having "stuff" done when I get home. lol

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Me too without a doubt rooster!

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by tzone
Me too without a doubt rooster!

I've had a couple of other things done recently where I never even saw the people that did the work. Just spoke over the phone. One was a new tub/shower and the other was my furnace. I left home with bad, older stuff and came home to good, new stuff and the bad stuff hauled away and everything cleaned up nice.

I did have to put new sheetrock around the new tub surround myself but that was pretty easy peasy.

I really like it that way! haha

I re-did the bathroom in my first house and realized very quickly that it sucked and I spent more $ pizzing around then had I hired someone.

Last edited by Rooster7; 06/09/14.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
it's nice to upgrade once in a while. we're liking ours more and more, just limited by the square footage. I do almost everything myself or with the help of a good friend who is an excellent carpenter/electrician you name it! otherwise I would be hiring someone to do it for me. next big task will be cutting an egress window in the basement and finishing the bathroom. showed the house again yesterday, so we'll see if we get an offer, if we do then I won't have to worry!

Beware of any old man in a profession where one usually dies young.

Calm seas don't make sailors.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Oh I can do most of the stuff myself. some of it I have to because I can't wrap my mind around paying someone $100/hr to work on something.

Vehicles is something, around here, now shops are getting $130-$140/hr. Which is what they can charge because most can't work on thier own stuff anymore, these days.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I didn't say I don't have the ability to do "most" of that stuff. smile It's just the desire and the time is more limited these days.

The furnace is one thing I would not have known how to do correctly and is better left in the hands of the experts. The new tub/shower was also re plumbed to code. Technically, I could have done that and spent a lot of time doing it or I could have had the experts in and get it done in 4 hours. I chose the latter and am much happier. wink I think its an age thing

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Ed-Zachary!

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Reports from a 10 yr old that is keeping an eye on construction at home. Several machines operating, including a "digger".

According to joey, "there's lots of teamwork going on right now"

grin

Something clever here.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Is the viewing stand set up yet Dave? We'll all need a place to sit ya know when we come up to supervise. grin

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
we'll get working on that, lol!

Something clever here.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Originally Posted by northern_dave
we'll get working on that, lol!

Think I'll send Tom up. He can be the RAM rod to get things moving quicker. grin

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
I would agree, that is within his HEMIsphere of knowledge and experience.

Something clever here.

Page 1,374 of 1,842 1 2 1372 1373 1374 1375 1376 1841 1842

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

578 members (222ND, 1lessdog, 160user, 17CalFan, 10gaugemag, 68 invisible), 2,276 guests, and 1,259 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,066
Posts18,482,544
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.