Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
2ndwind Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
http://thechive.com/2014/05/05/russian-flight-attendants-like-supermodels-in-uniform-36-photos/

Remember back in the day before PC removed weight restrictions on American flight attendants??? It used to be getting on a plane was something to look foward to....sigh...

Please don't feed the trolls!

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Seems that during the Cold War era, everything in the Soviet Union, including the women, was portrayed as uniformly dumpy and colorless, unattractive.

Since the big thaw, we're seeing Russian women who are smoking hot. From what I read, they are very conscious of their appearance, and seldom leave home without makeup and stylish dress.

Have politics made that much difference?

Paul

Stupidity has its way, while its cousin, evil, runs rampant.
T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
You should see the hookers in Moscow that work for the KGB.

"Be sure you're right. Then go ahead." Fess Parker as Davy Crockett
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Beautiful girls, but after flying across Russia and back on Aeroflot I can assure you I didn't see any that looked remotely that good. Now the streets of downtown Moscow was a whole different story.

Mike

Know fat, know flavor. No fat, no flavor.

I tried going vegan, but then realized it was a big missed steak.
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
If I did I'd likely be sharing an apartment with Snowden...

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
IC B2

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by 2ndwind
Remember back in the day before PC removed weight restrictions on American flight attendants??? It used to be getting on a plane was something to look foward to....sigh...

An early experience of mine was ahead of that curve. Flew overseas on a C-54 flight chartered from Slick Airways (no schidt, real name). It was 1958, homely stewardesses before they became PC and legally mandated.

Got our attention when they showed us the shark repellant.

Paul

2ndwind Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by toltecgriz

I remember the redhead that was outed in NYC as a KGB agent... IIRC Angelina Joule was interested in meeting her.... probably for more than acting research....

Please don't feed the trolls!
V
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
V
Some small cockpits right there.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I worked a project in Kazakhstan 15 years ago and the charter from Budapest to Atarau had Russian stewardesses. I still remember the leggy blond walking down the aisle swaying her hips like a model on the runway.

Seems like Russian women fall into two categories, smoking hot that take care of themselves, or hefty dough faced babushkas.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
M
[Linked Image]

I like this cutie because she hasn't caked on the makeup too thick and got her lips collagen fluffed like some of the others appear to have done.

IC B3

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
That's a refreshing change! Based on what I've seen over the past year or so, I suspect that the flight attendants hired by American Airlines are selected because of their physical unattractiveness.

"I'm gonna have to science the schit out of this." Mark Watney, Sol 59, Mars
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Or gayness

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Paul39

An early experience of mine was ahead of that curve. Flew overseas on a C-54 flight chartered from Slick Airways (no schidt, real name). It was 1958, homely stewardesses before they became PC and legally mandated.

Got our attention when they showed us the shark repellant.

Paul

I remember Slick Airways. grin (yes, I really AM that old :()

The airline was formed in January 1946 as the air cargo division of the Slick Corporation, headquartered in San Antonio. Slick Airways had its original fleet of Curtiss C-46 Commando aircraft based at Lockheed Air Terminal (Burbank) and San Francisco Airport.[1] In 1949, scheduled freighter flights to domestic destinations were commenced, and by 1951, the company had become the largest all-cargo airline of the United States.[2] On 16 April of that year, Slick Airways became the first airline to operate the freighter variant of the Douglas DC-6 (the passenger variant had been introduced with United Airlines five days earlier).[1]

In 1954, Slick Airways went into merger talks with Flying Tigers because of the increasing competition by passenger airlines, which failed because the respective shareholder would not approve of these plans.[1] In 1958, the company was forced to suspend all scheduled services, though it continued to operate charter flights on behalf of the United States Armed Forces,[3] also to European destinations. A fleet of newly built Lockheed L-1049 Super Constellation airliners went into service with the airline during 1959, initially being used to fly military freight from Travis Air Force Base near Sacramento to Japan. This operation was supplemented by Canadair CL-44s from 1962.[4]

In October 1962 scheduled flights were resumed,[2] when Slick Airways was granted permanent permission to operate its transcontinental Route 101. The trunk routing went from either San Francisco or Burbank to Dallas, St. Louis, Chicago, Indianapolis and New York City and was operated using the Lockheed Super Constellation. The DC-6 was used on side routes. Additionally, Slick Airways operated on so called Quicktrans domestic routes on behalf of the United States Navy.[5] In 1965, the L-1049 was withdrawn from the Route 101 in favor of the CL-44.

On 27 August 1965, scheduled flights once again were discontinued because of the poor financial situation Slick Airways was in, and military charter flights were terminated by the end of the year.[6] On 1 July 1966, Slick Airways was shut down, and the assets were acquired by Airlift International.[2]

[Linked Image]
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Thanks for the historical perspective. I wasn't aware of that.

Paul

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
I fly a lot and very few of the airlines I fly are American and about all have very attractive flight attendants. The US, nil.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Wow, fly Russia I guess.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I, too remember when being a flight attendant (we called the a "Stewardess" back then) was a job only for attractive, slender women. I made the mistake of referring to an American Airlines flight attendant as a "Stewardess" and I was quickly and oh so firmly corrected! I meant no harm, but WOW.... the reaction!

Today, in US based airlines an attractive female in the lineup is a rarity. Much the pity.

But then, I also remember airplanes being smoke filled, too.

LOVE God, LOVE your family, LOVE your country, LIKE guns and sports.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I think US airlines require female flight attendants to be at least 50 years old.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Those in the USA look as if they were hired to clean outdoor 'two-holers'!! Most would make a freight train take a turn-row!!

Even birds know not to land downwind!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by toltecgriz

I remember the redhead that was outed in NYC as a KGB agent... IIRC Angelina Joule was interested in meeting her.... probably for more than acting research....

Anna Chapman. She did make s a few politicians squirm... grin

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

595 members (12344mag, 160user, 10gaugemag, 10ring1, 01Foreman400, 1beaver_shooter, 61 invisible), 2,398 guests, and 1,241 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,269
Posts18,486,588
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.