Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Going through security at the Branson Airport a few minutes ago and the lady says sir do you mind if I search your bag ? As if I am allowed to say no!! She goes on to tell me that there is a limit of liquids I can take in a carry on. News to me. Haven't flown in about 5 years. Proceeds to throw away my shaving cream. I may look like grizzly Adams in a week or so. If I ever find the pudgy blonde shaving cream bomber that I was confused for I'm gonna rip him a new one!!!!!!

Government is like a baby: An alimentary canal with a big appetite at one end and no sense of responsibility at the other. - Ronald Reagan

For why should my freedom be judged by another man's conscience? - 1 Corinthians 10:29
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Incredible ..

Some guys still use shaving cream?

Originally Posted by captain seafire
I replace valve cover gaskets every 50K, if they don't need them sooner...
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
you expect common sense and logical behavior out of TSA?

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
"As if you are allowed to say no"

Just think, you payed good money for that abuse too.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Not like it's on every airline's web page and plastered all over the airport, but yeah, it's TSA's fault.

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by philgood80
Going through security at the Branson Airport a few minutes ago and the lady says sir do you mind if I search your bag ? As if I am allowed to say no!! She goes on to tell me that there is a limit of liquids I can take in a carry on. News to me. Haven't flown in about 5 years. Proceeds to throw away my shaving cream. I may look like grizzly Adams in a week or so. If I ever find the pudgy blonde shaving cream bomber that I was confused for I'm gonna rip him a new one!!!!!!

Okay so I'll ask:

She took your shaving cream but not your razor?

Gloria In Excelsis Deo!

Originally Posted by Calvin
As far as gear goes.. The poorer (or cheaper) you are, the tougher you need to be.

gpopecustomknives.com

W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
When has ignorance ever been an excuse?

Wsmnut

Wsmnut

Belief is often the death of reason.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

We had some interesting times with TSA flying back and forth to Chicago, Illinois following my surgeries. They didn't like the drain bulb hanging off a cord and going inside my shirt and into a little pouch. I had a letter from Cancer Center Treatment of America along with my name tag from there, but they got a little uptight about that cord going into my shirt. I had the letter in my hand and above my head asking them to PLEASE read it. I guess it was time for a bit of drama so I proceeded to get my private pat down search.

TSA allows liquid, but they must be in 3 ounce bottles. You can find the 3 oz bottles in the travel section of most department stores. I keep all my liquids on an outside zipper pocket on my suitcase so I can get to them easily. It's never fun to have them dig through your entire bag. The liquids must be checked in and never in a carry on.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Conspiracy to make you convert to islam?

Took my can of Barbasol a couple years ago, I wasn't happy. That's good stuff. Beardbuster......hell yeah with aloe!

Glad it wasn't Gillette?

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I went through once and had my pocket seal embosser in my carry on:

[Linked Image]

The actual embosser pulls out and slides into the handle.

TSA worker inspects my bag and finds it, removes it from its leather case, and asks, "What's this?" Then calls another big burly dude over.

"What's this?" he asks.

"It's my surveyor's seal"

Two more approach from behind, I must have missed the cue for reinforcements.

He's fumbling with it, obviously confused by the high tech, so I hold out my hand and offer to show him how innocuous it is.

Next thing I know, the original TSA super dwarf has a hand on my chest, and Larry & Curly behind me are grabbing arms.

I went limp, offering no resistance for fear of riding the lightning or warranting a body cavity search.

Scores of soccer mom's looking at me like a terrorist.

Took some 750 year old blue hair Notary to explain to the posse what it was, while I was being rag dolled.

I haven't flown since...

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
A lot of the time TSA personnel don't even know their own rules...kinda like the USPS

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by eh76
A lot of the time TSA personnel don't even know their own rules...kinda like the USPS

^^^THIS^^^X's 100000000000000000000mad

Gunner

Trump Won!
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by snubbie
Originally Posted by philgood80

Okay so I'll ask:

She took your shaving cream but not your razor?

Yep. I am traveling through the College Board to Salt Lake City to grade some AP History tests. I just booked thru their agency. Haven't visited an airline website in years. Maybe a decade or more. I guess you live and you learn.

Government is like a baby: An alimentary canal with a big appetite at one end and no sense of responsibility at the other. - Ronald Reagan

For why should my freedom be judged by another man's conscience? - 1 Corinthians 10:29
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by RWE

[Linked Image]

TSA worker inspects my bag and finds it, removes it from its leather case, and asks, "What's this?" Then calls another big burly dude over.

"What's this?" he asks.

He's fumbling with it, obviously confused by the high tech, so I hold out my hand and offer to show him how innocuous it is.

Next thing I know, the original TSA super dwarf has a hand on my chest, and Larry & Curly behind me are grabbing arms.

I went limp, offering no resistance for fear of riding the lightning or warranting a body cavity search.

Took some 750 year old blue hair Notary to explain to the posse what it was, while I was being rag dolled.

I haven't flown since...

How the hell can that embosser be construed as something dangerous unless you put your balls in it? Who doesn't know what an embosser is anyway, or can figure it out.... Where do they get these clowns?

Faith and love of others knows no mileage nor bounds. That's simply the way it is.
dogzapper

After the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box.
Italian Proverb

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Rancho_Loco
Incredible ..

Some guys still use shaving cream?

For some of us, it's that or the magnifying mirror. At least you can see where you already shaved....

Lunatic fringe....we all know you're out there.

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Cocky little pr!ck took toothpaste in Denver.

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
And they think we are the crazy ones.

"Be sure you're right. Then go ahead." Fess Parker as Davy Crockett
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It would have to be a DIRE emergency before I would even attempt to fly. If I can't drive there I don't go.

Member: Clan of the Turdlike People.

Courage is Fear that has said its Prayers

�If we ever forget that we are one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under.� Ronald Reagan.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by RWE

[Linked Image]

"What's this?" he asks.

I haven't flown since...
Don't blame you at all.

[Linked Image from images7.memedroid.com]
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Noticed a display of seized items in the Boise, Id airport. Why on earth would they take a 2 inch trailer hitch ball away from someone?

I am seriously old, as I remember flying from Seattle to Washington DC with 3 cased rifles as carry on. The nice lady on the plane put them in a front cabin closet with their raincoats so folks would not knock them around in the overhead bins.

I wonder if one could carry on a fly box filled with 15 or 20 Atlantic salmon patterns tied on 1/0 hooks?

On every flight I've taken in the last 10 years, my checked luggage is opened and examined and they leave a sheet to that effect. I have a shaving bag that goes everywhere including hunting/fishing camps. There in are: flashlights, batteries, hemostats, scissors, knives, Leatherman, flints and steels, GPS unit, diamond sharpener, lighters, fork/knife/spoon, and a variety of screws, nuts, washers and springs. Lately, I've been including a "Have a nice day card" on top. Must really turn on the lights when that condensed bundle shows up on an X-ray.

I need read up on the firearms regs for destination and connection points and maybe include a cheap handgun. After check in, I think ones baggage is secured and it's not to be reopened.

Last edited by 1minute; 06/11/14.

1Minute
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

319 members (1lesfox, 160user, 10Glocks, 10ring1, 12344mag, 1eyedmule, 24 invisible), 1,927 guests, and 1,106 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,391
Posts18,469,842
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.