Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B

Someone please wake me up when this is over.

Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times.
Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.

GB1

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by barnabus
dang son..... really all this. Id blast ur rear end if you did this to me in a public forum so quickly.why would u send it to someone not working or at least tell him it needs a battery?

Not siding with either party, but the fact that it's a laser range finder should imply it needs a battery...

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
In the meantime, an administration official claims 2 years worth of emails were "misplaced". When pressed, she exclaimed "stuff happens"...

There are 2 rules to success:

1. Never tell everything that you know.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I'll side with 'transaip 1961' on this one. Money back guarantee but if you send it back --- I'll ruin your name.

I prefer classic.
Semper Fi
I used to run with the hare. Now I'm envious of the tortoise and I do my own stunts but rarely intentionally
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by badaboom
I can feel your pain I have been living under the rule of the same type individual here in the US for the past 6 plus years unfortunately I'm getting used to the excuses.

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Best post ever! FTW!

-John

IC B2

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Since it was new, I assume it came with instructions. Did page one say something like, "insert batteries"? Seems like a lack of communication my he been the culprit here.

�Nothing is so permanent as a temporary government program." -- Milton Friedman
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by reelhook
I sold him a new , working Leica range finder and he said it didn't work-a lie. He is to stupid to but a battery in it and hold down the button till it reflects back..He got his money back, but if I had known, I wouldn't have sold it to him

Suck it up and be a man.
Being responsible is part of selling.
You lost nothing.

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Whats the other side of the story ?

Hang on tight !
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Reelhook,

If you sold him a range finder it should be in working order..

If you removed the batteries you should have told him.

If there is a certain procedure to use when installing batteries you should have advised him.

Calling someone out should be a last resort .

L
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
L
One can never over communicate!

IC B3

L
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
L
Kinda funny how these things turn into the internet equivalent of Suni vs. Shia.

I sold some guy a shotgun choke tube last week and I think I communicated better with him over a $13 item than these guys.

D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
Amazing what sets some people off now a days.

Long live the NRA
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Not enough info for anyone to take sides.... if new and new in box,, it came with a battery and instructions! It isn't very often you see an electronic device with the battery pre installed and/or without instructions!

And on the other hand if it wasn't new..... well!

Looks to me like the item was sold to someone not knowing how it worked, unable to or not wanting to check on-line to see how it worked, and your out some $30+ in shipping charges.

Most likely its just lack of communication on both sides, and probably could have been easily worked out! But instead......

Phil

T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
There was good communication on this transaction. I received the unit and it looked new. I read the instruction manual and tried two new batteries. I could not get the I unit to respond. He recommended I contact Leica, which I did. I spoke to one of their repair techs. Reelhook offered to pay the repair costs up to the purchase price less $20. The Leica tech said the rangefinder was 10 years old and they did not have any repair parts so it could not be repaired. I let Reelhook know about this and I said it may be better if I would just return the rangefinder for a refund. He agreed to this so I paid for the shipping and sent it back to him. I did not think there were any problems until he sent me an e-mail and pm calling me a liar, which I am not. I am out the shipping and he is out the shipping costs, which were about $12. I guess this post is his way of getting even with me for returning an item I could not get to work.

Last edited by transalp1961; 06/18/14.
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Murphy.... sounds like another call-out thread to maybe back-fire, kind of like car breaking down, call the mechanic, and the damn thing starts right up!

Phil

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
[Linked Image]

Sent from my Dingleberry Handheld Wireless
B
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
B

Last edited by boatboy; 06/18/14.

Thank You Lord for another day,Help my Brother along the way

When you mature,you realize hospitals and schools are businesses,and the Beatles were geniuses

Live Like A Champion Today

NRA EndowmentLife Member,My Daughter is also a Life Member
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by MissouriEd
Originally Posted by reelhook
I sold him a new , working Leica range finder and he said it didn't work-a lie. He is to stupid to but a battery in it and hold down the button till it reflects back..He got his money back, but if I had known, I wouldn't have sold it to him

If you had a satisfaction guaranteed, money back policy, why do you care and why are you slamming someone? Why didn't you put batteries in it to begin with? Looks to be unethical on your part to offer money back policy and then [bleep] on him when he wants his money back.
not sticking up for the op, you are not suppose to ship batteries via usps, but a lot of people ship ammo with out hazmat so whatever

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
almost all call out threads end the same, just an FYI for those who might think it's a good idea in the future.

Beware of any old man in a profession where one usually dies young.

Calm seas don't make sailors.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
If you had a satisfaction guaranteed, money back policy, why do you care and why are you slamming someone? Why didn't you put batteries in it to begin with? Looks to be unethical on your part to offer money back policy and then [bleep] on him when he wants his money back.
not sticking up for the op, you are not suppose to ship batteries via usps, but a lot of people ship ammo with out hazmat so whatever [/quote]

Isn't it only Lithium batteries that are a problem in the mail?

Last edited by RememberBaker; 06/19/14.

NRA Endowment Life Member
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

573 members (12344mag, 06hunter59, 10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 1lessdog, 1234, 67 invisible), 2,465 guests, and 1,190 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,466
Posts18,529,218
Members74,033
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.