-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
for me, a cooler is a disposable item. Coleman extreme works well for my needs. It easily holds ice for the three or four days I am camping in 90� weather I run into here in Florida. It does everything I need for a day fishing trip out in the Gulf.

Sam......

GB1

K
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
K
Originally Posted by Kaleb
Why is it that the people who don't use yeti coolers big green egg cookers etc.....like to chime in and put them down? Coleman and igloo offer some nice less expensive coolers. Webber makes some wonderful cookers. The quality isn't the same and price reflects it. To me the extra expense is worth it obviously others don't agree. That's why we have so many options.

Just silly that just because a person doesn't want to spend the money it's considered "not smart" to do so.

Not singling anyone out.....I'm reffering to DIY and all his long winded stupid posts that rarely reflect anything but his own opinion.

Spot on! Well done sir.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Just silly that just because a person doesn't want to spend the money it's considered "not smart" to do so.

What???? crazy Huh? crazy Ive read that a few times and still cant figure out what it says. It might be the double negatives and all. grin

The op clearly has cost concerns and "is smart" for doing do. I think you meant to post the opposite of what you did.

The point is (since he expressed concerns about cost) that a person can get great value without overspending. The BGE analogy was used because it�s the poster child of overpriced hype. I could have used Mathews bows but this is the cooking forum and I dont know if it would have been understood.grin

Last edited by DIYguy; 06/18/14.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
For the $ the Colman coolers are a good deal. I'd suggest going to a larger size than you think you need so it can hold more ice.

I've had a pair of 160qt colman coolers for about a dozen years that are primarily used for fishing. They've transported thousands of pounds of fish and ice and held up to full loads year after year. Hit em with some bleach and a pressure washer and they're good to go for camping.

Yes, the plastic hinges are junk but you can get stainless hinges off of flea bay fairly reasonably, I got a 10 pack for less than colman wanted for 3 for my cooler and re-hinged both of them.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
for me, a cooler is a disposable item. Coleman extreme works well for my needs. It easily holds ice for the three or four days I am camping in 90� weather I run into here in Florida. It does everything I need for a day fishing trip out in the Gulf.

That is what I'm thinking, except I bought a small Yeti Roadie as that is the size I use the most and it gets the hell beat out of it. Yetis are guaranteed to withstand dry ice, if that is in your plans.

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by FieldGrade
I recently spent a good chunk of this years hard earned fur money on a Yeti so let's not turn this into another Yeti bashing thread eh. grin
I've only used it a few times (and fortunately I don't have to deal with 100+ temps) but I'm pretty impressed so far.
Being bear proof was one of my deciding factors if that matters in your area.
Can't speak for the others as I've always been an Igloo man prior to this.

Bears aren't an issue where I spend most of my time hunting and fishing. If I were in bear country that would be a consideration.

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M

Not singling anyone out.....I'm reffering to DIY and all his long winded stupid posts that rarely reflect anything but his own opinion.

Going through this blog has told me more about DIYguy than I needed to know.

http://ronkulas.proboards.com/thread/242/diy-warm-suit-hunting

He is a friendless young boy, in a man's body. He is his only friend. The only way he can get attention is to be the bully, the class clown, the one everyone loves to hate.

Later this was revealed, about Ron. A link is provided in the first post on the page to the actual case file.

http://www.deeranddeerhunting.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=38913&p=217703

Ron's stand on baiting in this link (post #10, 24, 27 by Rancid Crabtree, ie, him), anyone caught hunting over a bait pile is a poacher:

http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/archive/index.php/t-1538389.html

Unless of course you get caught, and he did, and then his tune changed.

It all came out in this link.

http://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/8929074/all/DEVILED_EGGS

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
DIY I meant what I said but was trying to be nice. My point is some choose to not spend the money on Mathews bows McMillan stocks green eggs hand made knives....get the idea? Those people I mean you then try to say it's over spending to buy expensive items.....funny part is you don't use the items you put down. Very similar to the guys that say Remington's suck and 22 cals are too small yet they've never used them.

For the record I'm just killing time at work and couldn't care less what some guy from the internet that's struck on himself thinks of my bow grill cooler or anything else.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Miss Lynn

He is a friendless young boy, in a man's body. He is his only friend. The only way he can get attention is to be the bully, the class clown, the one everyone loves to hate.

Later this was revealed, about Ron. A link is provided in the first post on the page to the actual case file.

Ron's stand on baiting in this link (post #10, 24, 27 by Rancid Crabtree, ie, him), anyone caught hunting over a bait pile is a poacher:

http://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/8929074/all/DEVILED_EGGS

Spot on Miss Lynn!!

Now back to our regularly scheduled cooler thread. wink

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
It would appear I got myself a Bona fide stalker. Kewl. (even though she is a chunky gal in sensible shoes) grin

Ms Lynn, Let me know if I can save you hours searching around the web for all things me. I can send you pics for your shrine to me. Don�t be shy. wink

Oh and thanks for proving my sig line correct over and over and over and over and over.

IC B3

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Miss Lynn that was funny about him being his only friend. I know of people like that(as we all do) they try so hard but still can't make friends. I feel sorry for someone without friends but it's their own fault.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by AkMtnHntr

Spot on Miss Lynn!!

Now back to our regularly scheduled cooler thread. wink

I am tired of him talking in his rude manner to people he is not even good enough to lick their feces. He has nothing about him that is worth anything, except his family, God Bless them.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Miss Lynn that was funny about him being his only friend. I know of people like that(as we all do) they try so hard but still can't make friends. I feel sorry for someone without friends but it's their own fault.

The class clown, the school bully, all the same, SEE ME, HEAR ME, ME, ME, ME, more to be pitied than laughed at, but I am beginning to understand that DIYguy does not deserve pity.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
you then try to say it's over spending to buy expensive items

No, that�s not what I said. Where are you getting that from? I never said that it is overspending to buy expensive items. That doesn�t even make sense since �expensive� item by that handle are by their very nature expensive.

funny part is you don't use the items you put down.

Funny?? I don�t use those items by design as I don�t tend to buy overpriced items when better values are the better option.

For the record I'm just killing time at work and couldn't care less what some guy from the internet that's struck on himself thinks of my bow grill cooler or anything else.

Me thinks you doth protest too much. grin (A little Billy Shakespeare for ya.)

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by DIYguy
It would appear I got myself a Bona fide stalker. Kewl. (even though she is a chunky gal in sensible shoes) grin

Ms Lynn, Let me know if I can save you hours searching around the web for all things me. I can send you pics for your shrine to me. Don�t be shy. wink

Oh and thanks for proving my sig line correct over and over and over and over and over.

It's not slander when it's the truth.

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D

Correct. We agree. I took it as the truth since others PM�d me that she is a fat gal (I used chunky to be kind) in sensible shoes. So its not slander. I got it on good authority. grin

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
I think we should consider letting him stay, maybe rehab, or a reveal and "troll" roasting in the Hunter's Campfire.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
I think we should consider letting him stay, maybe rehab, or a reveal and "troll" roasting in the Hunter's Campfire.

Gosh, thanks. Just knowing that Im living rent free in your head 24/7/365 was honor enough, now this???? Now I feel bad. I didn�t get you anything. grin

You may not want to roast me. Im mostly boney and lots of gristle but you should try to turn your focus away from eating me. (if you can) Try a veggie for a change. wink

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by DIYguy

Correct. We agree. I took it as the truth since others PM�d me that she is a fat gal (I used chunky to be kind) in sensible shoes. So its not slander. I got it on good authority. grin

AkMtnHntr,

Here's the link to the so called PM, enjoy !

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbth..._Dutch_oven_BBQ_chicken_rec_#Post8900198

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
I'm still waiting on a couple examples of the cookers that's equal to green eggs in quality yet much less expensive. I do have a webber and use it often. Great grills.

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

564 members (1234, 24HourCampFireGuy50, 22kHornet, 10gaugeman, 12344mag, 257 roberts, 63 invisible), 3,176 guests, and 1,033 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,590
Posts18,532,411
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.