Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
N
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
N
It's interesting, I went over to CNN news site, couldn't find this story from their front page, I had to dig to find it. But when I did find it, I read it, and also dug into the reader's comments. The reader comments are pretty scathing, people are angry, they know they are being lied to. It was interesting to see that readers of the left news network are also upset over this.

Something clever here.

GB1

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
That's good to hear, ND.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
N
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
N
I'm tying on a safety line right now, because I'm about to plunge into the stinky abyss of MSNBC to see what them corn holers are saying. Don't let me stay in there for any longer than 5 minutes ok? Promise you'll haul me out of that hole with the safety line?

I'm going in.

Something clever here.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I'm guessing those emails are still on at least one server somewhere. It would take some sufficiently motivated individuals with the right skills to find them. Of course, under those circumstances .gov would say the emails were cooked up by whomever found them, but the truth would still come out if someone was able to find those emails.

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Ha. It'll take you days to find anything negative about Lerner there. Don't go there. Your brains could get screwed over, like nwa and sac.

Last edited by eyeball; 06/19/14.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
[Linked Image]

LOL
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by northern_dave
I'm tying on a safety line right now, because I'm about to plunge into the stinky abyss of MSNBC to see what them corn holers are saying. Don't let me stay in there for any longer than 5 minutes ok? Promise you'll haul me out of that hole with the safety line?

I'm going in.

Not even mentioned over on DU...why should they, this doesn't concern them... eek

N
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
N
holy crap that is a terrible place.

(MSNBC)

very hard to navigate, scrambled, disorderly and basically void of any meaningful content.

I guess I know what it looks like inside the mind of a liberal now, yuck.

Well, I really had to dig to find any coverage of the learner emails etc. And I found no area to post or read comments.

Something clever here.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Deerwhacker444
That�s because before May 2013, the IRS backed up emails only for six months on a tape, then recycled the tapes, so they essentially threw out the data. Many agencies do the same, transparency experts say.

They expect us to believe this lie? When the hard drives crashed they could have retrieved these emails from the backup tapes. Then nothing would be lost. Furthermore, I understand that there are legal requirements to keep all government email so recycling the backup tapes makes no sense and is illegal.

They are suppose to print out copies of all emails. What happened to them?

[Linked Image from ]
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by eyeball
Originally Posted by eh76
Throw that bitch in solitary confinement until she talks.

Ze ro would pardon her.

Doubt he could. She wouldn't have to be convicted of any crime for the House to put her in their jail.

[Linked Image from ]
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Calhoun
3) Server backup tapes reused/overwritten
-- Almost assuredly true and normal.

I'm not buying that. As a third party between here and there, sure. But at the IRS end these amount to business records and clearly they have shelf life greater than six months. Not to mention document retention laws. And the fetish the federal government has for retaining even trivial records forever.

The key elements in human thinking are not numbers but labels of fuzzy sets. -- L. Zadeh

Which explains a lot.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
nighthawk, don't confuse server backup tapes with backups of the data.

The backup tapes of email servers would serve to protect and restore the emails in case of individual computer crash such as Lerner's, or in case of a massive corruption or crash of the back end mail servers of the IRS. But they aren't intended as long term archival of emails - it's simply a system backup.

The retention of emails or documents is almost surely separate. That could be accomplished by archiving emails off to another server where they reside permanently and are protected from deletion - which apparently wasn't set up at that time and probably isn't now. More likely, the individuals were simply "trained" on what emails they can delete out of their accounts and which ones should be saved.

So in this case you have multiple individuals who lost all local copies of their emails, and somehow the emails were also deleted off of the back end mail servers.

Any other setup would totally surprise me.

The Savage 99 Pocket Reference”.
All models and variations of 1895’s, 1899’s and 99’s covered.
Also dates, checkering, engraving.. Find at www.savagelevers.com
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Looks like modern day "transparency" has a different meaning

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

I did do that, didn't I. blush

Having worked for several branches of the federal government (not IT), though not recently, on-site and off-site backup was required even in trivial instances. Retention was essentially forever as far as I could tell. Hell, I was even asked for hand written telephone notes (to be warehoused forever) where the data was transcribed immediately and electronically distributed to a number of destinations. I cannot believe there isn't a backup somewhere within IRS's control which is what I meant to say.

The feds truly have a fetish for saving everything. Every time the Potomac flooded a basement in DC the standing joke was there's another batch of useless 100 year old crap records finally got rid of. Junk even the mavens at the Library of Congress had no interest in.

The key elements in human thinking are not numbers but labels of fuzzy sets. -- L. Zadeh

Which explains a lot.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by northern_dave
It's interesting, I went over to CNN news site, couldn't find this story from their front page, I had to dig to find it. But when I did find it, I read it, and also dug into the reader's comments. The reader comments are pretty scathing, people are angry, they know they are being lied to. It was interesting to see that readers of the left news network are also upset over this.

Dave, I frequent several lefty blogs, reading thru their comments ect. They, for the most part, ain't buying it either.

A government is the most dangerous threat to man�s rights: it holds a legal monopoly on the use of physical force against legally disarmed victims.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by nighthawk

I did do that, didn't I. blush

Having worked for several branches of the federal government (not IT), though not recently, on-site and off-site backup was required even in trivial instances. Retention was essentially forever as far as I could tell. Hell, I was even asked for hand written telephone notes (to be warehoused forever) where the data was transcribed immediately and electronically distributed to a number of destinations. I cannot believe there isn't a backup somewhere within IRS's control which is what I meant to say.

The feds truly have a fetish for saving everything. Every time the Potomac flooded a basement in DC the standing joke was there's another batch of useless 100 year old crap records finally got rid of. Junk even the mavens at the Library of Congress had no interest in.

Truthfully, I'm in shock that the IRS doesn't have a document archival system which snarfs a copy of every email, compresses it and saves it forever. Now, however, we may be seeing hints that this "oversight" is probably intentional. No way is this the first time that the agency has been used politically if it was this easy to get everybody necessary on the same page so quickly.

The Savage 99 Pocket Reference”.
All models and variations of 1895’s, 1899’s and 99’s covered.
Also dates, checkering, engraving.. Find at www.savagelevers.com
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
[Linked Image]

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by watch4bear
[Linked Image]

LOL! I bet he could!

You read this IRS corruption against its own citizens, and all the stonewalling and lost(buried) evidence, and can't help but wonder that the Feds have a lot of gaul pointing fingers and calling a whistle blower like Snowden a traitor.Lerner is no better.

The whole damned government is corrupt. Where did these people come from?

The 280 Remington is overbore.

The 7 Rem Mag is over bore.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Ramblin_Razorback
I'm guessing those emails are still on at least one server somewhere. It would take some sufficiently motivated individuals with the right skills to find them. Of course, under those circumstances .gov would say the emails were cooked up by whomever found them, but the truth would still come out if someone was able to find those emails.

Yes, I think this true...

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by RDFinn
Looks like modern day "transparency" has a different meaning

Yes, the new meaning must be 'totally secret'. I hate it when a word changes it's meaning so quickly and completely!

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

585 members (219 Wasp, 222Sako, 257_X_50, 10gaugemag, 264mag, 2five7, 67 invisible), 2,224 guests, and 1,265 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,076
Posts18,521,761
Members74,024
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.