Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by smarquez
It has to do with judgement. If he can't avoid drinking and driving and doesn't realize he is a danger to the public, well........

Or just doesn't care that he is a danger to the public.

Last edited by chris112; 06/23/14.
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
How to get screwed in Nebraska.

A bucket of slop and some rubber boots?

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
One foggy night a drunk decided to take a nap. He said he thought he was in a parking lot, he was parked across both lanes of a two lane road, lights out, in a dark gray car. My youngest daughter did not see him until it was two late. Basalt bluff on one side of the road, river on the other. IT WAS HIS SIXTH CONVICTION and that did not count the times he skated.

Thankfully the good folks at Ford designed the Sable to self destruct while protecting the passengers. She was fine, car was dead, drunk was still passed out when police arrived and did not know he had been hit until they woke him up.

If it were up to me first offence would be a felony and minimum five years behind bars with hard labor. Second offenders would get the needle.

The guy blew an .11 he should never drive again let alone hunt or fish.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Sorry to see there are guys on this board that will stick up for a drunk driver.

[Linked Image]
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Drunk drivers suck, but we are also talking about the loss of 2nd amendment rights over a non-felony. Where do you draw the line at losing those rights? It was drawn at a felony but not any more, at least in Lincoln.

Remember why, specifically, the Bill of Rights was written...remember its purpose. It was written to limit the power of government over the individual.

There is no believing a liar, even when he speaks the truth.
IC B2

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Hang the Bastid.

Last edited by eyeball; 06/23/14.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by Scott F
One foggy night a drunk decided to take a nap. He said he thought he was in a parking lot, he was parked across both lanes of a two lane road, lights out, in a dark gray car. My youngest daughter did not see him until it was two late. Basalt bluff on one side of the road, river on the other. IT WAS HIS SIXTH CONVICTION and that did not count the times he skated.

Thankfully the good folks at Ford designed the Sable to self destruct while protecting the passengers. She was fine, car was dead, drunk was still passed out when police arrived and did not know he had been hit until they woke him up.

If it were up to me first offence would be a felony and minimum five years behind bars with hard labor. Second offenders would get the needle.

You think a guy with 6 DUIs that's so wasted he can't tell the middle of the road from a parking lot is blowing a .11?

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Yeah. 2 drinks at a Christmas party will blow a .11, yet we let 20'year olds with 4 kids from Mexico run over folks all day with a f250 and give them welfare dough to buy it, not counting the jokers from the Middle East and Mozambique.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
It's not just misdemeanor DUI. Beat up your wife or girlfriend and misdemeanor domestic assault will separate you from your guns just as fast. Conduct your life in a civilized manor and your civil rights will remain intact.

"I call that bold talk for a one-eyed fat man." --Robert Duvall.
"Fill your hand, you son-of-a-bitch!" --John Wayne.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
I
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I
"If you can't do the time, don't do the crime." In other words, stop complaining.

Drunk drivers should be punished to the fullest extent of the law.

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
IC B3

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by ltppowell
How to get screwed in Nebraska.

A bucket of slop and some rubber boots?

Don't come in here and try to take this argument off track... LOL.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Folks dulled on emotion will quiet freedoms ring.

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Misdemeanor convictions should not affect your gun rights, or any other rights. Felonies are a different matter.

Mark

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I believe in the death penalty for the first DUI offense!

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
We should exact the death penalty for anyone walking around with a loaded gun
They might just happen to kill someone.

PS. Folks who get caught doing 5!or more mph over the speed limit, too.

Last edited by eyeball; 06/23/14.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by aspade

You think a guy with 6 DUIs that's so wasted he can't tell the middle of the road from a parking lot is blowing a .11?

The guy in the OP blew the .11. The drunk napping across both lanes was a lot worse.

Still, a .11 should not drive again. Drink at home, have a designated driver or take a cab.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by aspade

The guy in the OP blew the .11. The drunk napping across both lanes was a lot worse.

Still, a .11 should not drive again. Drink at home, have a designated driver or take a cab.

Totally agree. Too bad for him, but he is a danger to others. some folks just cannot control themselves and so penalties are the only solution.

Heck, I like a drink too. Here in Japan, the deterrents are very strong, since social drinking is such a part of the culture and locals have such low tolerance for alcohol that getting blotto is common. Drinkers are inured to using public transportation, taxis or designated drivers. After company outings, I've seen folks so drunk they literally could not stand up to get off the train. Coworkers seem very tolerant, though.

Since the trains typically stop running at around midnight, some elect to stay up all night. They are not going to take a chance on driving and getting caught because the authorities are, well, authoritarian. grin

Norman Solberg
International lawyer, lately for 25 years in Japan, now working on trusts in the US, the 3rd greatest tax haven. NRA Life Member for over 50 years, NRA Endowment (2014), Patron (2016).
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
First... idiot for living in Lincoln. Second... idiot for DUI. Loss of firearms for 10 years is a lot less inconveniencing than what the DUI could have done to somebody else.

But SERIOUSLY... Who the <bleep> would live in Lincoln? Anybody read that link that was posted? Give your 17 year old a shotgun to defend against the meth-heads that just moved in next door and become a criminal. Don't report to the city (for their gun registry) that you sold your AR or handgun to somebody and become a criminal. Leave a firearm unattended in a vehicle for 24 hours and 1 minute - become a criminal. Etc, etc.. Lincoln police chief and mayors hate gun owners and always have. They even have a history of scanning their gun registry when they add a new gun-ban misdemeanor looking for people convicted that misdemeanor and then raiding gun owners who now fall under the ban.

He'll be better off outside of Lincoln or Omaha. Now get him to AA and work on the drinking.

Last edited by Calhoun; 06/23/14.

The Savage 99 Pocket Reference”.
All models and variations of 1895’s, 1899’s and 99’s covered.
Also dates, checkering, engraving.. Find at www.savagelevers.com
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
That's why I posted the link Calhoun. For all those that didn't read it the key words are in any jurisdiction.
Visitors beware. If you have a ccw and 1 beer and get caught you are done. 0 tolerance.
Carry openly in the city, get a ticket for disturbing the peace with a firearm. Done
Get caught shooting a BB gun in your back yard. Illegal discharge of a dangerous weapon. Done. And it goes on and on.
I don't drink and drive, I don't feel sorry for him on that, but it's a sad day when a low misdemeanor or even allowing a kid to have a BB gun or slingshot inside the city gets you on the prohibited list.

Swifty
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A

The drunk napping across both lanes was likely in the .20 plus, probably way plus range. What does that have to do with someone who had four or five beers to hit .11? Why even bring it up?

Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

294 members (10ring1, 12344mag, 257 mag, 270wsmnutt, 160user, 24HourCampFireGuy50, 26 invisible), 1,847 guests, and 1,010 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,450
Posts18,528,884
Members74,033
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.