Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1,386 of 1,842 1 2 1384 1385 1386 1387 1388 1841 1842
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Here too. It's really nice out though. We had to have gotten about 2" of rain yesterday.

Camp is where you make it.
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by tzone
Here too. It's really nice out though. We had to have gotten about 2" of rain yesterday.
Put in perspective with the recent weather, that's darned near a drought.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I will also tip one to those we have lost.

I used to be as competitive as any in my younger years, but I havent been in any league or competitive game for a few years now. I am not sure how that happened. I am not sure I miss it. confused

How many of you look forward to the week simply from the standpoint that you can now rest up a bit? Man, we sure peg the fun meter on the weekends! I have always thought about taking some sick time to just sleep!

What you do today is important, you are trading a day in the rest of your life for it.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by northern_dave

I miss him so much, my heart just aches. Overall, as they say it gets easier with time.

But some days that's just not true.

I hear ya man. Saturday started out kind of tough but we went and spent time with Makes no Patties and she had the grand baby for the day. He sat in my lap and I gave him a kiss on the top of his head and told him that was from his grandpa and he got a huge smile on his face. It cheered me up too. smile

7 years...hard to believe

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by Berettaman
I will also tip one to those we have lost.

I used to be as competitive as any in my younger years, but I havent been in any league or competitive game for a few years now. I am not sure how that happened. I am not sure I miss it. confused

At some point around 30-33, stuff started to hurt after those games. In 2007 I dislocated my shoulder diving for a ball in our company volleyball team, playoffs on the line. Beer league quality of course... It kinda sucks the fun out of that stuff, when you tough it out through the night and need help to get out of bed, getting dressed, pain meds, etc.

Especially, since now I can't throw a ball worth a damn because of it and I used to have a darn good throwing arm.

That's a long way of saying, I don't miss it.

I haven't played a competitive hockey game since 1999. I can't saw I miss that either. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE hockey, but I'd rather play with the neighbor kids on the street and pond.

Last edited by tzone; 06/30/14.

IC B2

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Originally Posted by Rooster7

I miss him so much, my heart just aches. Overall, as they say it gets easier with time.

I hear ya man. Saturday started out kind of tough but we went and spent time with Makes no Patties and she had the grand baby for the day. He sat in my lap and I gave him a kiss on the top of his head and told him that was from his grandpa and he got a huge smile on his face. It cheered me up too. smile

We wanted to come down and visit, but we were at home waiting for the concrete guys to show.

It's Monday now, and I'm still waiting for the concrete guys to show.

Something clever here.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Rooster7

We wanted to come down and visit, but we were at home waiting for the concrete guys to show.

It's Monday now, and I'm still waiting for the concrete guys to show.

I imagine they are backed up big time with all the dang rain we have been getting huh?

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
They fail to act when opportunities open up.

We have basically sacrificed the month of June for these clowns, they have strung us along with promises of "tomorrow" for about 6 weeks now.

Something clever here.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Time for new clowns...

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Can you send them a formal letter explaining you're loosing business because of their lack production?

And with loss of business due to their incompetence in scheduling, lack of production on a signed contract, and lack of "good-faith" effort to complete said contract work on good weather production days within a reasonable amount of time, you'll be forced to send assessed damages of business lost, to them in a "net10" billing. And be forced to seek another competent contractor that is willing to completed contract work on time?

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
^ that.

They're getting quite a reputation for this around the area. They feel like they are "locked in" because they started & even have their forms in place.

A letter like T referred to should spark a fire. They will be familiar with the terminology.

Do not feed the bear!

White Bear sometimes treads on thin ice...
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Have to agree with Tom. I know the weather has been an issue, but some folks use it as an ongoing excuse. If you happen to talk to them, ask them how the fish are biting. mad

Speaking of weather, you can cut the air with a knife here. Supposed to have heavy storms coming through this afternoon.

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except for bears. Bears kill you.
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
There is a system spinning in on us the size of Montana.

I think we gonna get wet, and my 50' by 60' foam sprayed shallow pool will finally get filled.

Free swim tomorrow.

[Linked Image]

Something clever here.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
They fail to act when opportunities open up.

We have basically sacrificed the month of June for these clowns, they have strung us along with promises of "tomorrow" for about 6 weeks now.

I would be pizzed. Maybe Tzone is on to something

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Take a picture tomorrow too. Send the both in the letter with the nice day picture highlighted. Hold the responsible for any and all damages that occurred since they were not there to pour concrete or didn't take measures to protect the work they were scheduled to cover with said concrete.

Pictures and documentation are your best friends in this situation. If you have a lawyer friend in town to send the letter, or have official letterhead already, even better.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
There is a system spinning in on us the size of Montana.

I think we gonna get wet, and my 50' by 60' foam sprayed shallow pool will finally get filled.

Free swim tomorrow.

[Linked Image]

It looks like you are getting some nice sunny days over there.

Do not feed the bear!

White Bear sometimes treads on thin ice...
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Yep, real nice concrete weather.

Something clever here.

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
What is the foam/pex thing gonna be? A swimming pool or a pond? I couldn't find it going back a few pages sorry.

I've enjoyed what I've read on this thread tremendously.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
If it rains tonight... It'll be both. grin

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Hook up the boiler and make giant a hot tub. smile

Page 1,386 of 1,842 1 2 1384 1385 1386 1387 1388 1841 1842

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

653 members (10gaugeman, 1234, 10Glocks, 06hunter59, 02bfishn, 007FJ, 58 invisible), 2,688 guests, and 1,368 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,724
Posts18,475,825
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.