Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 14 of 15 1 2 12 13 14 15
KC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

What we need most of all is a big portable propane barbeque for Friday night. My little portable propane BBQ will only cook a few things at a time.

If we had a couple more small portable BBQs that would work.

We could get along with a bag of Kingsford Match Lite charcoal in a ground pit, if nobody owns a big portable BBQ.

Wind in my hair, Sun on my face, I gazed at the wide open spaces, And I was at home.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
OK, I'll be bringing a load of chips/dips/salsa - aiming to cover all needs.

Is the coffee/cocoa covered?

Is Sunday breakfast set/covered. If not, I can bring pancake mix and related stuff - not much of a cook so would wish help and a griddle. Best to know above by tonight due to distance/timing.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
F
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
F

OK....nice to see the "menus" coming together.

I'll add the following:

a couple quarts of homemade spicy black bean/jalapeno/tomato/corn salsa........and a couple of bags of tortilla chips.

FjLee Denver CO

KC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by CCCC
Is the coffee/cocoa covered?

I can bring pancake mix and related stuff - not much of a cook so would wish help and a griddle.

Great idea. I'll help you cook the pancakes. Kevin and I will both have griddles and double burner stoves.

I've suggested that everyone bring their own drinks and that each person bring a bag of potato chips and some dip or a bag of tortilla chips and some salsa.

Wind in my hair, Sun on my face, I gazed at the wide open spaces, And I was at home.

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Unfortunately, my portable gas grill took a crp last year and I haven't replaced it. I have that old gas grill that I converted to charcoal that I could bring up as a fallback, but i'd need to know so I can plan for the space.

I'm still planning on bringing lots of eggs a couple pounds of bacon and a big bag of potatoes. I'll bring a lot of sandwich stuff as well.

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

[Linked Image]
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
I believe Kevin said he was bringing some green coffee beans and will roast them on site.

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

[Linked Image]
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by WyColoCowboy
I believe Kevin said he was bringing some green coffee beans and will roast them on site.

Cause why not be civilized!

A coffee press would be rather handy, if you can bring one?

Or I can pick up something I been meaning to get. One them big stainless campfire thingys.

Working on maybe mid afternoon Thursday and set the GP- Medium earlier Friday .

Clinging to my God, and my guns!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Map quest says about 575 miles and 10+ driving hours.

Just so I don't mess up the final part (forest road numbers on GoogleEarth seem goofy), looks like I come across CO 134, turn south on FR 206 about 1 mile and then bear left on FR 225 about a mile to the general location. Will the camp site be visible at that point or is there something more specific?

Hoping to arrive before dark on Thursday. If it's after dark, guess I'll just look for a fire or blow the horn until KC shows up.

F
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
F
[quote=CCCC]Map quest says about 575 miles and 10+ driving hours.

Just so I don't mess up the final part (forest road numbers on GoogleEarth seem goofy), looks like I come across CO 134, turn south on FR 206 about 1 mile and then bear left on FR 225 about a mile to the general location. Will the camp site be visible at that point or is there something more specific? quote]

Sounds correct 'cept for 1 item. At the intersection of FR206 and FR 225, bear right onto FR 225......that'll approx. be a westerly direction. Follow FR 225 up the gentle switchback.....continue on.....About 2.2 odo miles from the asphalt, start looking for an un-numbered twin track that goes left/south. "Plan A" camp is just a few hundred feet south of FR225.

See you there!!

FjLee Denver

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Thanks fjlee - excellent. And, oops, did mean to say "right" on 225 - and now I have the fine details for the campsite.

Much appreciated.

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Here's the map again off hwy 134: (If you click it it will take you to photobucket where you can enlarge it and print if you want.)

[Linked Image]

And here's the satellite image:

[Linked Image]

Kevin -- I'll have a coffee press - why be uncivilized?

Last edited by WyColoCowboy; 07/14/14.

[Linked Image]
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Thanks again - that last map with the red dots hits the spot.

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Despite the rain we've been having, the weather for this weekend is looking great! Slight chance for a shower on Saturday, but Friday and Sunday look clear and warm.

[Linked Image]
F
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
F
I plan on being at the 'fire Gathering...........

I shouldn't get lost, but if I do I'm driving a white Ford F250 Super Duty 4X4, with a white slide-in pop-up camper.

FjLee Denver CO

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Gents, I won't be able to attend after all. I was so looking forward to it. Too many incomplete projects around the homestead and I'm running out of weekends. If anyone comes through GJ on the way there or back, I'll have a cold one for you. And possibly a hammer and tape measure for use on the deck project.

Have too much fun!

sd

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
I'm headed out between 3-4:00 this afternoon and should arrive at camp no later than 7:30.

Looking forward to a fun weekend.

[Linked Image]
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
saturday breakfast crew

[Linked Image]

camp pet

[Linked Image]

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Sure wish I could have made it up but with my work/family schedule I just couldn't break away.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Sorry you guys weren't able to shake loose, we were all hoping to meet the people that go with the names.
We didn't have a large group but that gave us a little more time to visit and get to know those that could make the trip!

KC, thanks for busting your butt to make the weekend a success.
Well Done and Thanks very much!

It's got me thinking about planning a little further ahead for a southwest visit next year as well, there are a bunch of very good people on this forum.

"Camping places fix themselves in your mind as if you had spent long periods of your life in them.
You will remember a curve of your wagon track in the grass of the plain like the features of a friend."
Isak Dinesen

KC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Pretty much had a great all around time.

We did some camping.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

We did some cooking.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Had some great grub.

[Linked Image]

[img]http://i728.photobucket.com/albums/ww288/KCKeen/24%20Hour%20Campfire/DSCF0154_zps36dee528.jpg[/img]

And we did some eating.

[img]http://i728.photobucket.com/albums/ww288/KCKeen/24%20Hour%20Campfire/DSCF0164_zps5e8cb643.jpg[/img]

Page 14 of 15 1 2 12 13 14 15

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

587 members (16penny, 10gaugeman, 1936M71, 17Hunter, 163bc, 1234, 67 invisible), 2,087 guests, and 1,194 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,827
Posts18,496,581
Members73,979
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.