-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Wow, like all of the other cop love/hate threads, this one sure went to pot quickly.

There are some sad, mis guided cop haters here. Me? I have met several of the cops who post here, with one being my brother in law.

Just like with ANY group of people and ANY profession, there are going to be a few bad apples. So long as that profession has a mechanism to weed those out quickly enough, that - and being self sufficient for one's own safety as much as possible - is all we can ask or really hope for.

My own personal goal is to only need the cops for cleanup and report taking shortly AFTER any attempted thuggery or crime has been attempted and properly thwarted.

Pat, it was a great honor - and FUN- to meet you at the hog hunt year before last. I would share a hunting camp with you or any of the other LEO's who hang out here anytime. And we have some darned good hunting out here so keep that info in the back of your mind for future adventure!

God Bless You and Keep You Safe,

MARK

LOVE God, LOVE your family, LOVE your country, LIKE guns and sports.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500
GB4

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Lets talk about something more better...

[Linked Image] [Linked Image]

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 700LH
Lets talk about something more better...

Too much jiggle in the junk.........Mathman.

Sean
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Rancho_Loco
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

I was once employed as a bodyguard for psychiatrists and psychiatric nurses in the acute unit of a psychiatric hospital. You know us as "Attendants." We're the friendly men in the white suits. Our real job was to be always at the ready for a patient going apeschit on a nurse or doc, and that was a semi-regular occurrence, especially around the time meds were due. I've also had my share of matches in the dojo.

That is fugging gold right there.

No kidding. Orderly to bodyguard.

"I Birn Quhil I Se" MacLeod of Lewis
I Burn While I See
Hold Fast MacLeod of Harris
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 9point3
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

A handful of anonymous posters on an internet forum are watching. What's being done to actually make changes?

I Burn While I See
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by Bluedreaux
It's my favorite when one gets started, then somebody else reports it.....then the crazies run back and forth between the two threads +1ing each other and saying the same nonsense.

Well said..

Good post..

grin

Your agreeing is very well articulated.

Travis

Dittos + 1000

I Burn While I See
RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Mac84

What's being done to actually make changes?

I've been asking that question regularly.

It seems that the standard response is that these type of threads are necessary to keep everyone informed to the threat.

But none of the geniuses have a solution available other than this public service they provide.

Seems to me they need a community organizer to help.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
I have a strong dislike for incompetent LEOs, but I also have a strong respect for excellence, and those who go above and beyond to get it right..
I totally agree..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
C
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
C
Boy, you'd sure lose that bet. I've had plenty. In fact I was once employed as a bodyguard for psychiatrists and psychiatric nurses in the acute unit of a psychiatric hospital. You know us as "Attendants." We're the friendly men in the white suits. Our real job was to be always at the ready for a patient going apeschit on a nurse or doc, and that was a semi-regular occurrence, especially around the time meds were due. I've also had my share of matches in the dojo.

Were you issued rubber numchucks?

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Exactly.

Shouldn't this have been a PM, Terry?

And I guaran-[bleep]'-tee your ass has never had a physical confrontation and that's why you're so puzzled when you witness them.

Travis
Boy, you'd sure lose that bet. I've had plenty. In fact I was once a patient of psychiatrists and psychiatric nurses in the acute unit of a psychiatric hospital. You know us as "inmates. We're the nut jobs in white sleeveless coats. We were kept that way to keep us from going apeschit on a nurse or doc, and that was a semi-regular occurrence, especially around the time meds were due. I've also had my share of matches in the dojo.

PS You can't now accuse me of hijacking, since it was you who posted the challenge. wink

FIXT

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by RWE

It seems that the standard response is that these type of threads are necessary to keep everyone informed to the threat.

But none of the geniuses have a solution available other than this public service they provide.

a couple of things come to mind. First, that most of these incidents come as a result of the 'war on drugs'. Maybe we should not be calling local police efforts a WAR. That is sending the wrong signal to the police.
Second, a huge percentage of new police persons are recent military veterans. It's possible that they have a mindset of killing things, particularly since they are told we are 'at war with drugs'.
Third, with the proliferation of military equipment being used by local police, I see a lot of the "if you have it, you'll use it" mentality.

Of course, I'm just a dumb ole country boy, but this is how I view it.

and as an addendum, the rancor and nasty comments in these threads come mostly from the police and their supporters. Vile ad hominem attacks and the like are common currency with those that are 'tired of the attacks on the police'.

Last edited by Mannlicher; 07/01/14.

Sam......

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Mannlicher

a couple of things come to mind. First, that most of these incidents come as a result of the 'war on drugs'. Maybe we should not be calling local police efforts a WAR. That is sending the wrong signal to the police.
Second, a huge percentage of new police persons are recent military veterans. It's possible that they have a mindset of killing things, particularly since they are told we are 'at war with drugs'.
Third, with the proliferation of military equipment being used by local police, I see a lot of the "if you have it, you'll use it" mentality.

and as an addendum, the rancor and nasty comments in these threads come mostly from the police and their supporters. Vile ad hominem attacks and the like are common currency with those that are 'tired of the attacks on the police'.

The only change has been smart phones and societies ability to share media with the entire world in the push of just a few buttons.

There is nothing pretty about the use of force and people that are subject matter experts on the use of force know that a video gives one dimension to a four dimension story. People that do not understand the legal parameters of the use of force have a difficult time seeing much of the footage and believing it could be justified in a court of law. And that is understandable.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RWE

Well said.

America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

I agree that sherp's posts on this thread were way out of line.

Travis

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T

I was once employed as a bodyguard for psychiatrists and psychiatric nurses in the acute unit of a psychiatric hospital. You know us as "Attendants." We're the friendly men in the white suits. Our real job was to be always at the ready for a patient going apeschit on a nurse or doc, and that was a semi-regular occurrence, especially around the time meds were due. I've also had my share of matches in the dojo.

That is fugging gold right there.

For one brief shining moment, he was bodyguard to his karate instructor.

He'll tell the story again one day.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

The only change has been smart phones and societies ability to share media with the entire world in the push of just a few buttons.

There is nothing pretty about the use of force and people that are subject matter experts on the use of force know that a video gives one dimension to a four dimension story. People that do not understand the legal parameters of the use of force have a difficult time seeing much of the footage and believing it could be justified in a court of law. And that is understandable.

Travis

Shooting an unarmed man in the back when he has agreed to surrender (AZ) is indefensible. Shooting an elderly man in the back during a traffic stop (with no probable cause) in front of his wife because he needs his cane to stand (SC) is indefensible.

Shooting a man's dog in front of him when you've been called BY the man to investigate a burglary of his home (TX), in his fenced in yard when you have no warrant, no probable cause, and no damned reason to be there (UT), shooting an old Bassett hound in front of a woman and her kids and firing toward that woman and her kids when you have no warrant, no probable cause, and no reason to be on their property (WV), among many others, is indefensible.

America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Orderlies deal with bed pans and such. That was a different staff. Psychiatric Attendants are only there to enforce the ward rules, doctor and head nurse orders, and to protect the patients and staff from patient violence.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by 4ager

Well said.

Yeah. Very well articulated. All these veterans have a "mindset of killing things" (that's some brilliant schit to post on a forum that is pro-2nd Amendment) and the phrase that was coined by Nixon in the 70's are the reasons for all problems involving use of force by today's law enforcement.

Let the standing ovation begin.

Travis

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
as an addendum, the rancor and nasty comments in these threads come mostly from the police and their supporters.
Exactly right.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by 4ager

Shooting an unarmed man in the back when he has agreed to surrender (AZ) is indefensible. Shooting an elderly man in the back during a traffic stop (with no probable cause) in front of his wife because he needs his cane to stand (SC) is indefensible.

Shooting a man's dog in front of him when you've been called BY the man to investigate a burglary of his home (TX), in his fenced in yard when you have no warrant, no probable cause, and no damned reason to be there (UT), shooting an old Bassett hound in front of a woman and her kids and firing toward that woman and her kids when you have no warrant, no probable cause, and no reason to be on their property (WV), among many others, is indefensible.

I remember my dad saying the same thing when the news kept showing video of a black guy getting PR-24'd when I was a wee-'flave.

Cops were found not guilty by the way.

Now that doesn't mean the cases you are citing are justifiable, but it does mean you only know one piece of the puzzle.

Travis

Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

603 members (1234, 06hunter59, 160user, 007FJ, 1Longbow, 10gaugemag, 62 invisible), 2,224 guests, and 1,313 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,919
Posts18,479,718
Members73,947
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.