Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Internet or not, but I"ll damn sure do what I need for whatever the need is that arises.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
GB1

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Jeff, your full of it. grin

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Hope we don't ever have to find out. LOL.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by rost495

Don't be so sure of yourself, you will be a much easier target with your sling, fancy hat, and shooting jacket. Your gear would be in the hands of the nearest Bubba within 48 hours in a SHTF scenario.

John 8:12 "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life."
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
You did not mean that as a threat did you? It sure is easy to talk big and bad on the interwebs.

IC B2

U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
Originally Posted by CBMJR
Originally Posted by rost495

Don't be so sure of yourself, you will be a much easier target with your sling, fancy hat, and shooting jacket. Your gear would be in the hands of the nearest Bubba within 48 hours in a SHTF scenario.
I'm sure that he'll do just fine. I also don't think that he's caught up in the whole SHTF-TEOTWAWKI scenario as some here fantasize about it.

Last edited by UPhiker; 07/11/14.
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Trust me CBMJR, you might think I"m stupid, but I'm far from it. And it wont' involve a jacket, or glove or even any of my match rifles.... Fuggin DUH?

I certainly ain't going to give it up to fuggin bubba.

It ain't all about guns or gun handling, in a SHTF scenario there are a lot of other things involved.

So what are your credentials? And how did I become your "target"?

T
TWR Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
I can see it now, we're all taken out one by one, by a bubba with an RG38...

Like I said before, this place cracks me up sometimes.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Since we're not talking about KA anymore, I'll add this.... I put myself on a timer this week with five targets at 100 yards. Standing-offhand I got five hits faster with irons than with an Eotech. No jackets or slings involved. And if I can do that, I wouldn't want to be anywhere in front of Jeff.

Just for conversation. It surprised me.

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
The above was sarcasm by the way. I was just picking at Rost because he seemed like an easy target. Maybe too easy. grin

John 8:12 "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life."
IC B3

R
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
R
Can any body come up with a comprehensive point by point list, from an engineering and machinist perspective of the differences between the DPMS "hobby" gun and the Knights Armament? ... and why the K/A is mo better?

Feed, fire, eject, accuracty, portability/weight.

When you run and gun the DPMS parts break? Which ones?

In your own experience what let you down and broke?

Done in Convention by the Unanimous Consent of the States present the Seventeenth Day of September in the Year of our Lord one thousand seven hundred and Eighty seven.
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
The above was sarcasm by the way. I was just picking at Rost because he seemed like an easy target. Maybe too easy. grin

He's fair game as he's posted about 20 times through the years how military snipers "can't shoot".

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Pictures are good. Lots of talk on the interwebs. Not directed at you. Just sayin is all.

Last edited by jimmyp; 07/12/14.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by Take_a_knee

He's fair game as he's posted about 20 times through the years how military snipers "can't shoot".

Yeah, you got that right in context and exactly quoted....

U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U

Compared to the best at Camp Perry, they can't. When the best that the USAMU and USMC can put together as a team sometimes get beaten by civilians, what doesn't that say about the rest of the military? He's not saying that they're lousy shots, just that they aren't the best.

PS- Rost, if I really wanted to, I could go back through my NM bulletins and figure out who you are, but it doesn't matter. Yet, these others come on here, offer no information or bona fides of their own, and cut you down. I wouldn't worry too much about it.

Last edited by UPhiker; 07/12/14.
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Yeah, none of it matters.

I sure sucked when I started shooting. But I got better as did the wife. Never got great, but did well enough.

And shot enough with folks like Praslick, Ward, and many others I can't quite remember right now.

wife and I humbly own a TX championship plaque that beat all the military teams that year... it was not that common, but it did happen.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by UPhiker

Compared to the best at Camp Perry, they can't. When the best that the USAMU and USMC can put together as a team sometimes get beaten by civilians, what doesn't that say about the rest of the military? He's not saying that they're lousy shots, just that they aren't the best.

Certainly. What Rost isn't aware of is the guys who run these courses are often the absolute best shots in the military, in addition to their being top-shelf instructors. Quite a few of the SOTIC guys had President's Hundred tabs just like Rost does.

I've dabbled in Ross's game a time or two. The guys are all excellent trigger pullers, they shoot the same courses of fire, over and over. They have the comeups for each KNOWN DISTANCE yard line memorized.

Contrast the above with digging a hole in the ground, in the dark, rigging up overhead cover and getting you and your spotter and kit hidden and waiting until, whenever, and making it happen. This is all after making a night equipment jump a day or two prior and moving to the objective. Just a tad bit more to it than pulling a trigger.

SOTIC's program has historically been so good that CAG/Delta and the Secret Service send their snipers to it. The guys coming out of in now are far better trained than I was, with better equipment to use, and LOTS of technology, IE hardened tablet/computers to input data and find a firing solution. They learn the old ways first and then learn the high-tech. You don't want one of them hunting you.

Pardon me if I take offense the next time a service-rifle guy opines, "You don't play my game quite as well as I do".

U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
I know a shooter who made P100 with a crossfire. If it had been even an eight on his target, he would have been first overall.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
I don't know about now or other branches of service, but when I was in the Corps the guys on the Marine Corps rifle and pistol team at Quantico were there for 8 months and then back to their command. Another thing was at that time anyways not many commands would give up their manpower. I can't speak for all but my good friend and Sta Platoon member was not afforded the chance to try out. He shot and won just about everything on the base team.

I know the Army allows you to make a career of it if you have what it takes. I am not sure that is the case with the Corps now but I know it was not the case when I was in.

With that said, being on a military team doesn't make you the best period. As being a sniper doesn't make you the best shooter either.

I don't know Rost but I am confident he can shoot and his advice from what I have read is usually spot on. If I had the chance to shoot with him, I would be all eyes and ears! OPEN SIR!

Eat Fish, Wear Grundens, Drink Alaskan.
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by MontanaCreekHunter

With that said, being on a military team doesn't make you the best period. As being a sniper doesn't make you the best shooter either.

I don't know Rost but I am confident he can shoot and his advice from what I have read is usually spot on. If I had the chance to shoot with him, I would be all eyes and ears! OPEN SIR!

Certainly, and I'd like to meet Rost, I'm sure he's a great guy.

In SF, you come down on levy for a "school-house" tour usually as an E-6 or E-7. Two years typically and longer if you want to stay.

Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

535 members (12344mag, 219DW, 222Sako, 204guy, 2500HD, 1Longbow, 66 invisible), 2,424 guests, and 1,276 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,298
Posts18,487,062
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.