Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by lvmiker
Bd, your gerbil voodoo has been strong, please be gentle as I am old and sensitive.

mike r

[Linked Image]

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
-Thomas Jefferson
GB1

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
LOL, you have found the soft underbelly of my work environment. I actually go to work prior to opening to train. Once the doors
open it is pretty weird. The bachelorette parties are fun to watch sometimes. I wish I was a hardcore gunfighter but at my age I have to work hard just to stay competent. I also believe that hardcore is mostly a mental thing.

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Not surprising but something tells me lvmiker has been roughed up a time or three by some good cops.

Eat Fish, Wear Grundens, Drink Alaskan.
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
MCH you have nailed it.For several years I worked in an opfor role i.e. the bad guy. I got pummeled on a regular basis and loved almost every minute of it. The best cops sometimes were not as gentle as you would think.

mike r

Wish you were better

Craig Douglas ECQC
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
lvmiker after a hard day at the range

[Linked Image]

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
-Thomas Jefferson
IC B2

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Wow Boocoky, I have arrived at the nadir of my internet experience. You have a cruel but rapier-like wit and I am truly humbled. A guy does have to decompress after a grueling day.

mike r

Wish you were better

Craig Douglas ECQC
GunGeek Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Bluedreaux, would that be similar to asking a cop about use of force? let the wisdom from your fount flow.

mike r
Keep at it genius, you're endearing yourself to everyone here...might want to start shopping new forums; I'm not sure anyone here is interested in anything you have to say anymore.

GunGeek Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by safariman
Why are you being a problem child instead of just adding something good to the discussion?
Because he's young and enthusiastic. He works at a shooting range and he's seen some stuff first hand; so he knows it all, and it knows it better than anyone else here.

What's more, along with being opinionated, he's pretty insecure. He's afraid if he isn't born out to be right, it will crush his opinion of himself.

So like all the other highly opinionated guys who are insecure little boy's inside, he's going to come out swinging just as hard as he can against anyone who opposes him.

He's already indicated he's not interested in learning anything; he know's it all. Acts just like a teenager.

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
This whole thread is reminiscent of the old "Brick Top" days

The blindness from subjectivity is indistinguishable from the darkness of ignorance.
GunGeek Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Bd, thank you for that. I thought use of force was a matter of law and common decency, not administrative fiat. I did not realize that feelings were so squishy here so I must attempt to be more gentle. To me personal attacks mean reference to family etc. Comments and opinions must be edited to protect certain delicate flowers in our midst. Perhaps I need to learn the appropriate use of verbage or maybe I'll just harden the fu*k up. Pricetags in gunshops are for suckers, a real gsg will talk you into a Kel Tec.

mike r
Here's the thing...what you don't get is common courtesy for the people who have been on this forum a decade or two. If you spoke to people in a civil tone, you could make exactly the same points in a way that encourages gentlemanly debate, rather than name calling and telling everyone that your gun can beat up my gun, and because everyone else doesn't see it your way, they all must be idiots.

You're a rude little chit, and now that you've been called on your actions, you've become a sniveling rude little chit. Go play in your sandbox and let the adults talk awhile.

IC B3

GunGeek Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by gmoats
This whole thread is reminiscent of the old "Brick Top" days
Yeah, and just like Brick and Lee24, he just doesn't know when to quit. Just a troll. Must be here because he was kicked out of other forums.

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
GG, I am sure you are correct. My youthful enthusiasm sometimes clouds my judgement and causes me to not show sufficient respect for my elders. I would appreciate it if you would accept my apologies and let me continue to participate on this site. I promise you will see a kinder and gentler me.

mike r

Wish you were better

Craig Douglas ECQC
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
GG, I am sure you are correct. My youthful enthusiasm sometimes clouds my judgement and causes me to not show sufficient respect for my elders. I would appreciate it if you would accept my apologies and let me continue to participate on this site. I promise you will see a kinder and gentler me.

mike r

Mike, THAT is cool and also very big of you. As far as I am concerned, forgiveness granted and I am looking forward to good conversations in the future where your current experience is put to good use and brings light into conversations.

Carry on, lets keep up the fun and gun talk!

MARK

LOVE God, LOVE your family, LOVE your country, LIKE guns and sports.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500
GunGeek Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger

mike r
This is an un-moderated forum; it is 100% up to you.

Everyone here knows I've been an arse from time to time, and you can count on me sticking my foot in my mouth one or two times per year. If I'm just being an arse, I'll pull my head out and apologize. If I was wrong, I'll fess up and just say I was wrong. Ask anyone, I've done it a few times.

I've been a competitive shooter in most disciplines, I've been a gunsmith for over 25 years, I've been a bodyguard, I've been a paramedic for 16 years, I've written for most of the gun magazines, I've worked on thousands of military arms. Hell, even been in an honest to goodness fight with a bear. I've been a bullet caster and reloader for 30 years, even competed in benchrest, which is the ultimate test of a reloader. I've done a lot of stuff, seen a lot of things, and have had some very uncommon opportunities to be exposed to gun related thins that most are never exposed to.

AND I LEARN FROM THESE GUYS ON THIS FORUM EVERY DAMN DAY OF THE WEEK!!!

I do not know it all...every day I'm reminded that I don't.

You have some first hand experience. I too managed an indoor shooting range about 20 years ago, and got to see a lot of things first hand that most don't get to see; it was educational. But it was just one of many things I've learned over the years.

Along with observation comes critical thinking. You observe something then it's time to seriously ponder what you've just seen. Is the lesson absolute? I'll tell you right now, it rarely is.

Last piece of advice, never try to say you've been in someone's shoes if you haven't. I would never deny your direct personal experience. I may disagree with the conclusions you make, but unless YOU start with the ridicule, I and most everyone else here will not ridicule you for the conclusions you make if they are made from personal experience.

I have come full circle on so many things. Back in the late '80's and early '90's Glocks were just completely unreliable and I've literally seen them fall apart on the range (really, saw a Glock return to battery and the slide just keep going...and I saw this not once, but twice). I didn't trust a Glock for several years. But I've learned, they're damn good pistols now. Nowadays, I don't make many absolute statements; that's when feet go in mouths.

I'd love to have you as a part of this forum. And I can't make you go or stay. But if you tear into people who have been here for years, people who have made this forum what it is, then you'll just be a big target. Hope you decide to stay and learn; like I did.

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
GG, I may appear to be a caustic,sarcastic opinionated S.O.B. Actually I probably am all of that. However your last post seemed to be genuine and I value that. Thank you for your concern.

mike r

Last edited by lvmiker; 07/18/14.

Wish you were better

Craig Douglas ECQC
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The thing about portraying yourself as an all-knowing ninja on the innternets is that somebody's likely to call you on it.

For example....
-Somebody could theoretically google a list of approved training providers in your city where you're employed as a "firearms instructor".
-Then cross reference that with the name or partial name you use online.
-Then see which folks with that partial name work at a gun range similar to what you've bragged about.
-And pretty quickly narrow down who you likely are and just how awesome your resume actually is.

And THEORETICALLY they could discover that your career as a firearms instructor largely involves giving free CCW classes or catering to the bachelorette parties and weddings in the VIP lounge of a luxurious indoor range. And then your ninja cred goes out the window.

Theoretically, anyway.

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
GunGeek Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
GG, I may appear to be a caustic,sarcastic opinionated S.O.B.
That makes two of us, I think we'll be alright. Glad we could work it out.

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Bd your research skills are impressive and must have exposed the entirety of my experience because you have so stated. I know of nobody who"brags" about working at a gunrange. I am not sure when I claimed Ninja skills as I neither like sushi or speak jap. Theoretically speaking of course. However you are correct about me being all knowing.

mike r

Last edited by lvmiker; 07/18/14.

Wish you were better

Craig Douglas ECQC
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
�..heck, I prefer dripping sarcasm to insufferable condescension any day��.

The blindness from subjectivity is indistinguishable from the darkness of ignorance.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
FreeMe, the fact that you spend time on Kel Tec forums answers many questions. If you had the mental energy to complete your perusal of the S&W forum you may have learned more. I am glad to know that you have a friend. Have a nice day

mike r

Haven't been on the K-T forum for years. I admit to spending a good deal of time there in the past, to see what owners are saying about their guns. So What?

I have to apologize to you. I was out of line with the "reading comprehension" remark. But, consider this....

2.5" 629

Does that look like a hunting handgun to you? Do you think maybe there's a reason why I ignore the "Purpose" designation in the S&W website specs, and instead go straight to the (supposedly) descriptive text? (Guess I'm gonna ignore it too)

This is all pretty irrelevant to the point of whether or not the 329pd is a good defense gun. It is a good defense gun for the person who has a situation that calls for it and can shoot it well. Simple as that. Why you feel it necessary to disparage the gun or it's owner is beyond me.

Lunatic fringe....we all know you're out there.

Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

565 members (160user, 12344mag, 1234, 007FJ, 1Longbow, 1936M71, 56 invisible), 2,541 guests, and 1,382 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,686
Posts18,475,107
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.