Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
R
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R
[Linked Image]

Cop Caught on Dash Cam: 'I don't do dogs...I'll shoot the [bleep] thing.' He did.

A woman in Michigan has filed a lawsuit over the shooting of her pitbull Lexie by police in St. Clair Shores. According to her lawsuit, one police officer was caught on dash cam footage (obtained through a Freedom of Information request) premeditating his puppycide. Via CBS Detroit, the suit:

While the Lexie was barking from her front porch, a police officer was recorded on the police dash cam stating, "The only thing I'm gonna do is shoot it anyway. I do not like dogs." Subsequent dash camera audio recording revealed an officer stating, "I don't do snares, I don't do dogs . . . I'll shoot the [bleep] thing." Next, the police officer was recorded stating that Lexie who was barking on her front porch was "a vicious dog."

He apparently got what he wanted. CBS Detroit reports:

The suit also claims that "it is unreasonable to show up for a barking dog complaint with an express premeditated intent to shoot her and then to repeatedly shoot her. When Lexie did not die, they apparently took her and shot her several more times."

The woman, Brittany Preston, said at the time of the shooting, last November, that cops shot her dog at least eight times. She said she left her dog with her grandfather while working an overnight shift and that he forgot to let the dog back into the house. Police were responding to the noise complaint. She said cops surrounded her dog even while her grandfather was trying to let Lexie in.

http://reason.com/blog/2014/07/17/cop-caught-on-dash-cam-i-dont-do-dogs-il

[Linked Image]

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I find nothing done wrong by LE here.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
you don't seen anything done wrong? Damn.

Sam......

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
"The only thing I'm gonna do is shoot it anyway. I do not like dogs."

If he had substituted any form of human, for "dog", and done what he did, it would have been premeditated murder.

That fact aside, having a cop like that on the force is way too much of a liability to be anything other than a loose cannon that professional cops shun, and don't want to work with.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
No, cops don't have issues with abuse of authority.

LOL
IC B2

R
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
"The only thing I'm gonna do is shoot it anyway. I do not like dogs."

If he had substituted any form of human, for "dog", and done what he did, it would have been premeditated murder.

That fact aside, having a cop like that on the force is way too much of a liability to be anything other than a loose cannon that professional cops shun, and don't want to work with.

None of the other cops that were part of killing Lexie seem to have agreed with you since they aided in it and did not come forward or report their colleague. Only a FOIA request by Preston's lawyer uncovered the full depths of the cops' depravity.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
you don't seen anything done wrong? Damn.

Practice on how and where to shoot things only thing wrong with that picture.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Feel like stirring chit today huh?

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Let's give the guy a break. If it had been Baltimore PD they would have slit the dog's throat....

Whom the gods wish to destroy they first make mad.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Tracks
Feel like stirring chit today huh?

Not at all.
I am as down on LE killing dogs as the next.

That said, did you watch the video? Vicious dog is loose no one will claim it, what's the cop suppose to do?
Walk away?
phuyck! you guys need to look beyond a cop shot a dog and face some reality.

This is how I see this one, like it or not, I could care less.

IC B3

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by 700LH
I find nothing done wrong by LE here.
On this, you are an idiot.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
What gets me almost worse, the continual trolling of some individuals looking for every last wrong a cop does somewhere.

NEVER a word of thanks, or that the bad ones are the minority, just look how bad cops are.

This chit gets old.

RE being afraid of a dog, for the most part you need to grow a set of balls if a dog bothers you. And a dog bite ain't gonna kill you. Ain't like the cops ain't been in a few fist fights over the years....

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Rovering
None of the other cops that were part of killing Lexie seem to have agreed with you since they aided in it and did not come forward or report their colleague. Only a FOIA request by Preston's lawyer uncovered the full depths of the cops' depravity.
This.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by rost495
What gets me almost worse, the continual trolling of some individuals looking for every last wrong a cop does somewhere.

NEVER a word of thanks, or that the bad ones are the minority, just look how bad cops are.

This chit gets old.

RE being afraid of a dog, for the most part you need to grow a set of balls if a dog bothers you. And a dog bite ain't gonna kill you. Ain't like the cops ain't been in a few fist fights over the years....

That's because there is so much of this chit out there that you don't have to troll to find it , and we are way past the few bad apples theory. Seems to be a few good apples that are afraid to speak up or else receive the wrath of crossing the thin blue line drawn by their militarized, shoot happy fellow officers.

This wasn't a matter of shooting a vicious dog roaming the neighborhood, which I condone. This was a matter of shooting a dog on the porch of her house while the owner was trying to let her in.

I hope it costs the department enough to change their policies and the officers involved their jobs and hefty fined for reckless endangerment to the homes occupant, and cruelty to animals.

Last edited by R_H_Clark; 07/17/14.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

This chit gets old.

This, is the correct answer here,

Rover posts more bullchit,
Some one needs to throw that fool a bone and make it happy

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I like to arrest homeless guys and take their dogs to the pound to be put to sleep. The jail is right next door to the animal control building, so the guys can listen.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by R_H_Clark

This chit gets old.

That's because there is so much of this chit out there that you don't have to troll to find it , and we are way past the few bad apples theory. Seems to be a few good apples that are afraid to speak up or else receive the wrath of crossing the thin blue line drawn by their militarized, shoot happy fellow officers.

Sorry but I work in a small town for a municipality. I can post how many LEO interactions there are in any given day, with zero dogs shot. IT would be more than dog shootings posted here each day easily. Thats in a small town.

We haven't shot a dog in at least the last 15 years. We have had to shoot 2 people that were shooting at our LEOs though.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
That cop needs gold dot in the face. wink

Jed York does not own the 49ers; Russell Wilson does.
R
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by okok
That cop needs gold dot in the face. wink

And what of his colleagues and department that aided and covered for him?

I'm, certainly, not defending the one cop, just saying that it's a bigger and broader problem.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Perhaps, one less power tripping PIG off the force.

Jed York does not own the 49ers; Russell Wilson does.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

130 members (44automag, 1_deuce, 30Gibbs, 300_savage, 444Matt, 23 invisible), 1,498 guests, and 1,005 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,747
Posts18,495,208
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.