Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by milespatton
Bush did the 1989 ban on self loading rifles or Bush did the 2005 ban on imported parts.

Is an AK not a self loading rifle? Also is it not imported and could be taken apart for parts? Why would Obama ban an item that Bush already Banned? Inquiring minds and all of that. miles

The 1989 ban by exectuive order was on military look semi-autos consisting of 100% imported parts. People with no respect for authority figured out they could get around that by having AK/HK/FAL rifles made up with no bayonet lugs or flash hiders and thumbhole stocks they could sneak around Bush's goal and start peddling them to civilians again. Eventually people with even less respect for authority figured out they could use US made parts and get around the thumbhole stock.

http://www.nytimes.com/1989/07/08/us/import-ban-on-assault-rifles-becomes-permanent.html

At some point unscrupulous people figured out they could get surplused machine gun AK/HK/FAL rifles that had the receivers cut up and use those parts with imported spare receivers + a few US made parts to get around the ban also. In 2005 Bush's ATF did and administrative rule change to put an end to that.

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1461605/posts

The Saiga's were likely being brought in looking like this:

[Linked Image]

Then doing this crap:

http://home.comcast.net/~navy87guy/home/saigaconversion.html

to make their "sporter" in to a weapon of war that only US police and military should have access to.

This was not Obama's move to make. This was Jeb's or another member of the Bush dynasty. At the very least Romney could have been allowed to do it for the Massachusetts connection when he gets in as POTUS 2016, but Obama didn't even have enough class to let that happen.

"My message to my troops is if you see anybody carrying a gun on the streets of Milwaukee, we'll put them on the ground, take the gun away and then decide whether you have a right to carry it." - Milwaukee Police Chief Ed Flynn

T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by sherp
Bush did the 1989 ban on self loading rifles or Bush did the 2005 ban on imported parts.

Is an AK not a self loading rifle? Also is it not imported and could be taken apart for parts? Why would Obama ban an item that Bush already Banned? Inquiring minds and all of that. miles

The 1989 ban by exectuive order was on military look semi-autos consisting of 100% imported parts. People with no respect for authority figured out they could get around that by having AK/HK/FAL rifles made up with no bayonet lugs or flash hiders and thumbhole stocks they could sneak around Bush's goal and start peddling them to civilians again. Eventually people with even less respect for authority figured out they could use US made parts and get around the thumbhole stock.

http://www.nytimes.com/1989/07/08/us/import-ban-on-assault-rifles-becomes-permanent.html

At some point unscrupulous people figured out they could get surplused machine gun AK/HK/FAL rifles that had the receivers cut up and use those parts with imported spare receivers + a few US made parts to get around the ban also. In 2005 Bush's ATF did and administrative rule change to put an end to that.

[Linked Image]

Then doing this crap:

to make their "sporter" in to a weapon of war that only US police and military should have access to.

This was not Obama's move to make. This was Jeb's or another member of the Bush dynasty. At the very least Romney could have been allowed to do it for the Massachusetts connection when he gets in as POTUS 2016, but Obama didn't even have enough class to let that happen.
You're a great American, Sherp. grin

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by sherp

[Linked Image]

Then doing this crap:

You're a great American, Sherp. grin

I know. I stand for what the Bushes and Romneys stand for along with all of the other conservatives who voted for them. Unlike most of those who voted for them I am not ashamed of what they stand for when relating why others should support them.

"My message to my troops is if you see anybody carrying a gun on the streets of Milwaukee, we'll put them on the ground, take the gun away and then decide whether you have a right to carry it." - Milwaukee Police Chief Ed Flynn
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Hey, another thing the Cartels can make money off of...Yipee!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Half neeger POS!

Last edited by okok; 07/20/14.

Jed York does not own the 49ers; Russell Wilson does.
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by okok
Half neeger POS!

I am right there with you!! This was a rule only a Bush family member or Republican POTUS with Massachusetts ties should have made. For a Kenyan(unless his real Father was Frank Marshall Davis)/Hawaiian to do it and take the honor from the Bush family or other Massachusettsian shows just how little class he has.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Sherp, I am still confused. Did Bush ban them and Obama ban them again? Who unbanned them? You did say Bush put a stop to the work arounds in 2005, did you not? miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Sherp, I am still confused. Did Bush ban them and Obama ban them again? Who unbanned them? You did say Bush put a stop to the work arounds in 2005, did you not? miles

What is confusing about it?

Bush I banned the import of 100% imported part semi-auto assault rifles via executive order in 1989.

After that, unscrupulous individuals figured out loopholes to get around Bush's via thumbholes stocks and US made parts.

Bush II had his ATF ban imported take off barrels and new replacement receivers in 2005 that were being used to make clones of the 1989 banned guns.. This is why you see AK/FAL/HK rifles (US weapons such as Garands and M16 that were given to foreign countries and then reimported when those countries were done with them) advertised by Sportsman's Guide and other vendors.

Unscrupulous individuals were importing sporterized variants of Russian AK's to circumvent the Bush I ban on factory built all imported part rifles and Bush II ban on imported barrels/receivers, then converting those sporterized rifles in to clones with US parts that look like the complete rifles banned from import in 1989.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
maybe soon a bakail will be worth 10,000. made in roosha

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

From your post #9037311-
imported spare receivers + a few US made parts to get around the ban also. In 2005 Bush's ATF did and administrative rule change to put an end to that.

You say that Bush banned them, then put an end to all of the work arounds. Then Obama bans them again. Why? miles

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

From your post #9037311-
imported spare receivers + a few US made parts to get around the ban also. In 2005 Bush's ATF did and administrative rule change to put an end to that.

You say that Bush banned them, then put an end to all of the work arounds. Then Obama bans them again. Why? miles

Obama didn't ban them again. He banned the work arounds that came in response to the 2005 ban which was not his ban to make.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
Oh no run out and buy as many as you can at ridiculous prices!!!

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
He banned the work arounds

OK then, what we had was a misleading title. Obama did not ban sale of new Russian AK rifles, He banned the work around, to the 2005 work around, to a previous law, that Bush signed. Wonder why I was confused? miles

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
He banned the work arounds

OK then, what we had was a misleading title. Obama did not ban sale of new Russian AK rifles, He banned the work around, to the 2005 work around, to a previous law, that Bush signed. Wonder why I was confused? miles

I do not see how anyone could not understand it. The supply of imported assault rifle barrels and receivers dried up within a couple of years after 2005 and the parts kits sans imported receivers and sans imported barrels have been openly sold that way ever since. Companies didn't scrap the barrels/receivers because they wanted to.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Here we go again. Did Obama ban rifles or parts kits? miles

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Here we go again. Did Obama ban rifles or parts kits? miles

Tell you what miles, instead of me giving you the CliffNotes version over and over, why don't you go read the link on converting Saiga rifles from sporter to weapon of war and you can see exactly what Obama banned since you seem to have not done that.

I suspect you already know what the deal is and are just playing dumb since you aren't proud of the Bush family achievements for some reason.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I suspect you already know what the deal is and are just playing dumb

I am. I also am trying to point out how a lot of times on here people try to mislead exactly what is happening. I am against banning most everything except drugs, most abortions, and being bad to kids. Before I get jumped on, there are some valid medical reasons for abortion, but just not wanting the kid is not one of them. I just wanted it to be clear what Obama banned and what Bush banned. I am dead set against Obama and think mostly "W" did a good job. He was handed a schit sandwich soon after he got into office and tried to do what he thought was right. Some of it was not, but I don't think he did it to hurt the country. Some people, even some good people, do not get the whole gun thing due to their raising, but they can be educated. Some will never get it. miles.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I suspect you already know what the deal is and are just playing dumb

I am. I also am trying to point out how a lot of times on here people try to mislead exactly what is happening. I am against banning most everything except drugs, most abortions, and being bad to kids. Before I get jumped on, there are some valid medical reasons for abortion, but just not wanting the kid is not one of them. I just wanted it to be clear what Obama banned and what Bush banned. I am dead set against Obama and think mostly "W" did a good job. He was handed a schit sandwich soon after he got into office and tried to do what he thought was right. Some of it was not, but I don't think he did it to hurt the country. Some people, even some good people, do not get the whole gun thing due to their raising, but they can be educated. Some will never get it. miles.

Oh ok. I am right there with you in supporting both the Bush I & II gun bans. My only gripe with this ban on Russaan stuff is that Obama did it. Like you, once the next republican gets in office and keeps it on the books I won't call it bad either. I had a raising just like you did and also think only police and military should have guns like that.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

592 members (1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 12344mag, 16penny, 1936M71, 1Akshooter, 60 invisible), 2,213 guests, and 1,187 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,820
Posts18,496,496
Members73,979
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.