Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Define Irony: the guy on the forum who is always bitching about gov't over reach, now applauding a gov't law regulating the way one wears their clothes

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Stop paying for their housing and food and then they have to behave appropriately to get a paycheck. The pants are only a indication of the rest of their bad attitude. You cant regulate that out of them you havevto starve it out.

Life can be rough on us dreamers.
E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
This^^^

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Boarmaster123
Stop paying for their housing and food and then they have to behave appropriately to get a paycheck. The pants are only a indication of the rest of their bad attitude. You cant regulate that out of them you havevto starve it out.
Good point. But in the mean time I have a hard time feeling sorry for them getting fined for it.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by gitem_12
Define Irony: the guy on the forum who is always bitching about gov't over reach, now applauding a gov't law regulating the way one wears their clothes

Thinking in circles keeps him dizzy.

"The number one problem with America is, a whole lot of people need shot, and nobody is shooting them."
-Master Chief Hershel Davis

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Sagging pants is merely the outward sign of an empty space between the ears. How do you outlaw stupidity?

β€œIn a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

grinHe is OBVIOUSLY looking at it from the Public Health point of view. After all, half the buttcrack exposed has flies falling out of the air dead causing risk of contagion grin

Be afraid,be VERY VERY afraid
ad triarios redisse
My Buddy eh76 speaks authentic Frontier Gibberish!
[Linked Image]
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Just de-pant the senseless silly SOBs and be done with it.
To hell with this half assed effort, make 'em walk home fully bare assed.

Once again...
Read...

http://www.mind-trek.com/articles/l10.htm

BAN THE RAINBOW FLAG!
PERVERTS OFFEND ME!

"When is penguin season, daddy? I wanna go kill a penguin!"
---- 4 yr old Archerhuntress

T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Archerhunter
Just de-pant the senseless silly SOBs and be done with it.
To hell with this half assed effort, make 'em walk home fully bare assed.

Once again...
Read...

http://www.mind-trek.com/articles/l10.htm
"The welfare state ... buffers people from any need to behave like civilized human beings."

Excellent article. A must read. Really gets to the bottom of things. This lesson must be absorbed and change must take place based on it, or we're doomed as a people.

P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P

Exactly what I was thinking.

IC B3

T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Pahntr760

I don't propose shooting these folks, cutting the throats of their dogs, or throwing grenades into their baby's crips. Never had a problem with the old days when public decency was upheld in the law. Do you suppose this sort of behavior would have been tolerated in the 1950s? In my opinion, we were a much better society then and prior.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
So...TRH is against laws that he doesn't agree with, and claims to solidly support individual liberty, yet extols admiration and support for a law that curtails an individuals freedom of expression

Yep....

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
In otherwards. He's all for freedom, as long as its something he likes

T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
So...TRH is against laws that he doesn't agree with, and claims to solidly support individual liberty, yet extols admiration and support for a law that curtails an individuals freedom of expression

Yep....
I have always advocated ordered liberty, i.e., liberty under law, and the defense of traditional values and standards of public decency. I've never been an advocate of a libertine society. Far from it.

P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

I don't propose shooting these folks, cutting the throats of their dogs, or throwing grenades into their baby's crips. Never had a problem with the old days when public decency was upheld in the law. Do you suppose this sort of behavior would have been tolerated in the 1950s? In my opinion, we were a much better society then and prior.

Where does it end? How about the folks with horrendous BO? What about very large folks wearing very small clothing? The point is, like most other thing, of you don't like it, try and not look. I'm sure there are just as many folks who are not happy with my Wranglers and Boots. Not my concern one way or the other.

P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
In otherwards. He's all for freedom, as long as its something he likes

In other, more clear words, he is a hypocrite.

T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Where does it end? How about the folks with horrendous BO? What about very large folks wearing very small clothing? The point is, like most other thing, of you don't like it, try and not look. I'm sure there are just as many folks who are not happy with my Wranglers and Boots. Not my concern one way or the other.
Again, I ask, how long do you suppose someone would be free to walk down the public streets in 1950 with their pants down below their butts? You're engaging in argumentum ad absurdum.

An example of the style of argument you're employing would be to respond to 1) "Plenty of sleep is good for your health" with 2) "You're a hypocrite, because I heard you once state that narcolepsy is an injurious medical condition, yet narcoleptics get significantly more sleep than average."

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Do you suppose this sort of behavior would have been tolerated in the 1950s? In my opinion, we were a much better society then and prior.

You mean like in 'Ozzie and Harriet', 'Leave It to Beaver', and 'Father Knows Best'...?

No thanks.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
Sorry, Old Timer, it's not the 1950's. Times change, and people do too.

So how were the Greaser types looked at back then. With their rebellious hair and such. And...oh dear! Heaven forbid a lady to wear a pant suit!!

The argument is only absurd to you because you know how correct the call out of your hypocrisy is. What's truly absurd is if you in fact do not see this...

T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Sorry, Old Timer, it's not the 1950's. Times change, and people do too.

So how were the Greaser types looked at back then. With their rebellious hair and such. And...oh dear! Heaven forbid a lady to wear a pant suit!!

The argument is only absurd to you because you know how correct the call out of your hypocrisy is. What's truly absurd is if you in fact do not see this...
You reduce it to the absurd by suggesting an equivalence on principle between fines for walking around with your pants below your butt with fines for BO. There is such a thing as a middle ground, that based on traditional values. There are shades of gray. Not all is black and white.

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

611 members (01Foreman400, 10Glocks, 1Longbow, 06hunter59, 1beaver_shooter, 65 invisible), 2,476 guests, and 1,306 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,596
Posts18,492,216
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.