Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
There's no doubt American made boots, the problem is they aren't available in any of the usual places a guy goes to shop for boots. Even Roleys Supply (logging and industrial) didn't have anything but Chinese.

Late in the day made a stop at REI and got measured, and fitted to a pair that should work. Got some good old American customer service, what a concept.

Bought a pair there because, you know, we needed to get home by 7pm to cook for kids. Can't spend forever looking for American made boots if no one in our area wants to stock 'em.

LOL

C
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
C
I wear slip on work boots, and found a pair of HH boots. They are made in the USA.

Was glad to find them.

"The number one problem with America is, a whole lot of people need shot, and nobody is shooting them."
-Master Chief Hershel Davis

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by 700LH

Blackbird was next, but it was 6pm and time to finish.

LOL
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Double H boots. Made in the USA.

http://www.doublehboots.com/Product?stockNo=DH1552

BP...

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Fireball2

So, let me get this straight.
You bought a pair of boots yesterday evening, then started this thread this morning?
Is that correct?

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
I believe Altama boots are made in the USA too

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Try Danner Boots. I believe that they're still manufactured in Oregon. I have a pair that's at least 20 years' old, and they're still in great shape.

I ALWAYS try to buy American. I bought a few pounds each of R-19 & R-22. I was surprised that Reloader powder is made in Sweden.

Somewhere along our path toward becoming a satellite state of a one-world-government, we were duped in to becoming a consumer-driven economy. Since about 2000 we have lost at least 40,000 American factories, mostly to China; and have lost at least 6 million good-paying American factory jobs, mostly to China. Politicians have told us that it was progress. They forgot to add that it was China's progress and our regress.

As far as I know, no TV is made in America.

�If tyranny and oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy.�
***US President James Madison***
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Pounding on a chinese computer about wanting to buy american has never made sense to me..

Originally Posted by captain seafire
I replace valve cover gaskets every 50K, if they don't need them sooner...
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
P.S... Most of our crew and a lot of our subs are going to Keens.

Don't care where they are made, the fuggers are awesome..

Originally Posted by captain seafire
I replace valve cover gaskets every 50K, if they don't need them sooner...
IC B3

I
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I
Good boots are available in ALL the places in which I shop for boots. And I am pretty sure Medford Oregon has a much better selection of boot stores than does Payette County, Idaho or Ontario Or.

Over the years, I have made it a point to remember which retailers carry the goods in which I am interested.

Originally Posted by Fireball2

So, let me get this straight.
You bought a pair of boots yesterday evening, then started this thread this morning?
Is that correct?

On top of that, the OP suggests that the guy has been paying $100 per month for footwear for quite some time, and is ready for a change.

But he has never spent five minutes at the computer to find where the good stuff is sold in his neighborhood. Nor has he, in all his years ever noticed the shops which sell real men's work boots.

Yet he seems insulted when viable alternatives are offered up.

Perhaps someone was just wishing for commiseration with his self imposed misfortune.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter

Perhaps someone was just wishing for commiseration with his self imposed misfortune.

Oh gee, that'd be super! Thanks for the insight!

The irony here is that I thought spending most of a day driving around looking in Grants Pass and then Medford was doing a pretty normal thing when looking for a different brand and model of boots. I didn't realize I was such an odd duck.
What I should have done was plan it well in advance. Spent some time on the computer, talked with real men that wear real shoes, men like you, not like me, and not went to town with any expectation of finding anything made in America at all. Why should I have been surprised to find no American made boots in 6 stops? I should have expected it, and since I should have been clairvoyant, I should have avoided those 6 McDonalds-grade shoe stores and went to the one's I didn't know about or were the farthest away first. Why use logic like going from the closest to the farthest when driving? That's stupid.

Clearly, I should have gone straight to the real man's store, and skipped all the others. And I should have expected to spend days doing it, not one day.

I should have known that my disappointment at not finding American made products in half a dozen shops would be ridiculed as poor planning, being out of touch with real mens products, and general inadequacy as a man. What was I thinking?

Since I know all that contributed did not have the intention to create this sentiment, I want to thank those guys, you know who you are. For the ones that have nothing to offer but criticism, you can just keep it to yourself, I have no use for it.

LOL
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Who's to blame ? The American public...
You can buy American...
Wesco and whites are the best and you will never be sorry you spent the extra money
I started wearing the when redwing started farming out to china and their us made quality went down hill.
Wesco will outlast 5 pear of redwings. Murder to break in tho.

Pointer jeans. Made in USA

You won't find these at your local wall mart..

I haven't been to a wall mart in 20 years. NOT ONE TIME...
There are still good products made here you just have to look..

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I buy the US Made Danners. But not all Danners are made in the USA.

I also buy Redwings like Bob mentioned. Great boots for every day wear. Redwing does have a Chinese line also, nowadays. But I buy the USA ones

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by Snorkel

Most dangers are farmed out...

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
As for Red Wing's steel toe line, in 2010 the RWs I got then were USA, now that same boot is made in China. Just so Seafire knows.

They do still make a few specific lines here but many Red Wings are made in China.

But....,also so are MUCK boots (made in China) and those are damn fine boots for slop and cold.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Surprised someone has not mentioned Thorogood. All of their boots are made in the U.S. and are priced competitively with a lot of the Chinese stuff. I'm going to get a pair when my Wolverines die.

http://www.weinbrennerusa.com/dspNavCategory.cfm?rootid=1

"Men must be governed by God or they will be ruled by tyrants". --- William Penn

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Rancho_Loco
Pounding on a chinese computer about wanting to buy american has never made sense to me..

If given a reasonable alternative I would go made in the USA.

Not sure if you can even find American made computer type [bleep]/electronics?

Who knows.

Last 2 pair of boots I bought were made in Canada. Those and a pair of Italian hikers.

And another pair of Schnees pacs last winter, made in Montana if I'm not mistaken?

And I also have a pair of Chinese Ariats that are okay.

Bonafide boot junky.......grin

Construction days were USA Redwings, great boots.

Last edited by SamOlson; 07/19/14.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
I love American made.

That's why I'm buying a Tundra.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
They make excellent car-pickups!

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

541 members (1beaver_shooter, 21, 10gaugeman, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 1Longbow, 67 invisible), 2,455 guests, and 1,215 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,447
Posts18,489,641
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.