Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by derby_dude
That was standard police attire back in the day. Massachusetts had attire like that for a very long time. In fact, the Massachusetts state police attire for a while look just like a Nazi SS uniform. I don't know what they wear today for a uniform.
Some kind of tactical outfit, no doubt, probably SS black.

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
]
That was standard police attire back in the day. Massachusetts had attire like that for a very long time. In fact, the Massachusetts state police attire for a while look just like a Nazi SS uniform. I don't know what they wear today for a uniform.

Basically the same uniform. There is a picture of Steve Troy wearing the uniform near the bottom of the page:

http://www.gunssavelife.com/?p=8860

Also an excellent article on why LE and Supporters/Conservatives should back Troy Industries.

"My message to my troops is if you see anybody carrying a gun on the streets of Milwaukee, we'll put them on the ground, take the gun away and then decide whether you have a right to carry it." - Milwaukee Police Chief Ed Flynn
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Not much different than our class "A" uniforms, except ours are black pants with a gold stripe down the legs, white uniform shirt and Grey jacket with the sam brown belt and shoulder strap.

Our class "B" uniforms are black boots, black pants with a gold stripe, black uniform shirt with gold accented shoulder eppaulets and a Black campaign hat.

Class "C" dress is our relaxed patrol uniform. Black TDU pants, a polo with the dept initials in reflective lettering screen orinted on the back, and a ball cap. We also hav ethe option of external best carriers with the same lettering on the back with this uniform. This is by far the most comfortable dress for long tours.

All leather gearis black basket weave with silver hardware.

Our reason for going with black is it tends to hide "grime" accumulated theought a tour and maintains a sharper look throughout a tour

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by gitem_12
Not much different than our class "A" uniforms, except ours are black pants with a gold stripe down the legs, white uniform shirt and Grey jacket with the sam brown belt and shoulder strap.

Our class "B" uniforms are black boots, black pants with a gold stripe, black uniform shirt with gold accented shoulder eppaulets and a Black campaign hat.

Class "C" dress is our relaxed patrol uniform. Black TDU pants, a polo with the dept initials in reflective lettering screen orinted on the back, and a ball cap. We also hav ethe option of external best carriers with the same lettering on the back with this uniform. This is by far the most comfortable dress for long tours.

Our reason for going with black is it tends to hide "grime" accumulated theought a tour and maintains a sharper look throughout a tour
Do you ever wonder what the modern obsession is, on the part of police departments, with black uniforms?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Yep, everyone buys black cars because it hides dirt, much like white cars. Obviously the change in uniform color to black hides much more dirt than the feldgrau the design was originally done in.

"My message to my troops is if you see anybody carrying a gun on the streets of Milwaukee, we'll put them on the ground, take the gun away and then decide whether you have a right to carry it." - Milwaukee Police Chief Ed Flynn
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by sherp
Originally Posted by sherp

You get the point. I'm busy and I'm typing fast.

Why do you hate police because they support each other no matter what?

I don't hate anybody police or otherwise. Police I don't mind too much but LEO's I'm not to fond of.

They are one in the same, so yes you do hate them. Or are you talking about traitor "cops" who turn on real officers? Luckily they get their monkey stomp before it is over.

There's a lot of people I'm not fond of but I don't hate them. You guys ought to learn what the word hate means.

I've posted this before so I'm not going into it again but to me there is a big difference and there is to many people. Only LEO who have been brainwashed can't tell the difference.

I should have looked before I posted. Sherp is at it again! grin

Last edited by derby_dude; 07/20/14.

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
That is one thing I've always found interesting. City police throughout the country all most always have black or very dark blue almost black uniforms, while sheriffs departments tend to have more brown or khaki uniforms, and state police/highway patrol units tend toward the state color which all most always medium to light colors.

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

Do you ever wonder what the modern obsession is, on the part of police departments, with black uniforms?

Power and authority. While the Brown Shirts of Nazi Germany were always ruthless thugs they never commanded the kind of power and authority the SS did. Himmler specifically demanded black for his SS because black is a sign of power and authority.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

There's a lot of people I'm not fond of but I don't hate them. You guys ought to learn what the word hate means.

I've posted this before so I'm not going into it again but to me there is a big difference and there is to many people. Only LEO who have been brainwashed can't tell the difference.

I should have looked before I posted. Sherp is at it again! grin

You either support police and everything they do without reservation or you hate them. I guess you are a fan of the POS mentioned here that turned on good officers just doing their jobs the way most officers do and assisted sleazy civilians instead?

http://reason.com/archives/2010/10/18/americas-most-successful-stop

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G

I just [bleep] told you why our uniforms are black. Pull your head out of your ass and read the wntire post before you hyper ventilate

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

IC B3

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G

Power and authority. While the Brown Shirts of Nazi Germany were always ruthless thugs they never commanded the kind of power and authority the SS did. Himmler specifically demanded black for his SS because black is a sign of power and authority.

You apparently read as well as him. I stated the reason we went to black in my post

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Geez, you can't be serious. The public should not be judging what the police do? The militarization of the police does not bother you. Whoops, never mind, you are from California.

Maybe when the cartel's in Texas and the other border states start taking over, you'd want to send rookie cops up against them with 38 revolvers!

Or sending street cops undercover infiltrating the gangs and drug dealers!

Their is a good reason for cops wanting to have equal fire power or greater, and or training that allows them to do their jobs!

Not to mention that your above quote is "NOT" what I said, what I said was;

The militarization of the police and/or any other law enforcement agency doesn't bother me in the least little bit.... in fact I can see the need in going up against what they have to face today. But the complete and utter lack of "common sense", training, or respect for the public does bother me quite a bit, and its becoming more and more apparent that quite a few of these so called law enforcement officers not only shouldn't be on the force but should be locked up them selves!

Also it's not or shouldn't be the public's job to police the police... it should be done internally, but seems like that in all most all circumstances and localities to be completely incapable of doing so, unless the public becomes aware through u-tube or some such social networking and becomes outraged.

Phil

Phil

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
I just [bleep] told you why our uniforms are black. Pull your head out of your ass and read the wntire post before you hyper ventilate
The reason you gave is post hoc BS.

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Thanks for that article "T", if folks dont understand why the Coppers are a bit jumpy/cautious, it's very obvious they've never had to go out and do much.

Trump Won!
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

If that's the case than how come our state highway patrol wears brown and tan? Those old boys have a tour longer and further than you can imagine. Maybe the patrol commander never got the memo.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Umm, no it isnt. Dump a cup of coffee on a light blue shirt and then dump a cup on a black shirt. See what one the stain shows more on

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Umm, no it isnt. Dump a cup of coffee on a light blue shirt and then dump a cup on a black shirt. See what one the stain shows more on

Why don't you stop at a coffee shop to have a cup of coffee and then you won't dump coffee all over yourself. That's what our guys do. The local coffee shop has cops in for coffee all the time don't see a whole lot of dumping going on.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G

If that's the case than how come our state highway patrol wears brown and tan? Those old boys have a tour longer and further than you can imagine. Maybe the patrol commander never got the memo.

Can't say about your state. Our state wears dark gray pants and a greenish grey shirt, that they have the patent on the color. It's actually written in legislation that no other agency can wear that color

Lots of state agencies use tradition. NYSP has a purple tie they wear, i can't remember the significance of the color but it dates back a long ways.

Brown seems to be a western color, i don't see it much around here. Unless its tan shirts that our conservation officers wear.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G

Why don't you stop at a coffee shop to have a cup of coffee and then you won't dump coffee all over yourself. That's what our guys do. The local coffee shop has cops in for coffee all the time don't see a whole lot of dumping going on.

Because most coffee shops aren't open on my shift, And coffee was one example a leaky ink pen in a pocket could be another.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Well you have a point there. As to the leaky pen the highway patrol and I think now most of the sheriffs deputies wear their vest outside so a leaky pen is the least of their worries.

BTW: I noticed out sheriff the other day wasn't wearing a vest over his shirt so he must wear an under shirt vest. Of course he isn't wearing all the other crap a deputy wears either. Only a side arm, cuffs, and a spare mag. Sometimes it's good to be the boss. smile

Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

519 members (22250rem, 1936M71, 10gaugeman, 219 Wasp, 12344mag, 10gaugemag, 56 invisible), 1,804 guests, and 1,149 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,102
Posts18,522,368
Members74,026
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.