Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 13 of 28 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 27 28
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by cptenca
Dad said it takes a real man to say "I was wrong".

I'm a real man........and you were wrong. Whew. I feel better.

Sent from my Dingleberry Handheld Wireless
GB1

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by Fireball2
I've been real slow to reply to all of this, because, if you read the Yalie thread, I was not slow on that one. I was one of Marks supporters.
I will say I did not, nor would I ever, nor did anyone else, respond positively to Yalies posting style. He came across as an arrogant lawyer starting that thread, and everyone posting on that thread got the same vibe. It's hard to be objective right off the bat when someone starts off like that.
Even now, I won't go back and try to conclude much about THAT affair between them. I shouldn't comment on any past affairs between Mark and anyone else. My mistake and I apologize for getting involved. It's pretty hard to know what happens between two people, but after while you sense what's going on. I'm still learning what's happening around here, like alot of you.
I have to remind everyone that there were a lot of people that have known Mark for a long time, that came out in his defense. I may be one of the folks with the least amount of experience with Mark at that time, but quickly picked up that he's very congenial. He went above and beyond in many ways in our dealings. I really feel strongly that he's dealt with large numbers of people here very fairly. But, perhaps things have been stretched to the breaking point by his pushing a little too hard to make one too many deals. Robbing Peter to pay Paul, burning the candle at both ends, etc.
It took me a while to realize the extent of the wheeling dealing going on, but I see it now. I don't want to devalue a guy like Mark, a Christian brother and I think a man that has contributed much in the past. Every man lives, learns, and hopefully grows as we progress.
Life is an elastic experience. We are forced to stretch and flex our way along, and if this is used positively, I believe all parties, myself included, can learn much and move forward in a positive direction.
I'd like to see Yalie acknowledge that his style of confrontation and possibly the manner in which he handled the transaction sucked, and turned alot of people against him before they had a chance to really be objective.
I'd like to see Mark step up and instead of giving us the long version including all the reasons why this or that is so, simply say, "I'm sorry", and maybe show a little genuine humility.
Both have an opportunity to grow here.
As for me, I was wrong to get involved. I was wrong to say a word. It was not my affair, I should have stayed out of it. I should not have said what I said about feeding Yalie to the dogs, so to speak. I am sorry for getting involved.
I hope rather than a crucification for any party what we see is an outpouring of support and encouragement to do better, with accountability. Show a brother some tough love. Thanks for reading Campfire. Let's move forward in love and respect for one another. Unfortunately, I have not modeled that. Again, I apologize for that.

This is how Christians typically apologize.

Just an FYI.

Travis

Nope, no apology in there anywhere. Not even implied. Alot of finger pointing and excuses though. You only apologize when you are sorry......

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Jayzus! How long is this lovefest gonna go on? You can tell it's the depth of winter, can'tcha? Cabin fever's struck hard! Some of us sound like we're about to bust out it tears. I say we get everyone in a big room with a coupla cases of good winter ale, and when the hollerin' stops, everybody's buddies all over again. Stop contemplating your navels, boys, and get outside and get some fresh air.

"Keep your mouth shut, work hard. Life is tough. Work through it.” -- Stetson Bennett, Quarterback, Georgia Bulldogs
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by WeimsnKs

Nope, no apology in there anywhere. Not even implied. Alot of finger pointing and excuses though. You only apologize when you are sorry......

Surprise surprise surprise.

There was a lot of bullschit though.
So he's got that going for him.

Have Dog

Will Travel

S
SLM Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
You're sorry.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
GFY.

Have Dog

Will Travel

S
SLM Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Thanks buddy.

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Anyone have anything for sale?

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Lockhart

Some coffee cups that say "stay army"
www.berries.com smile

Last edited by 79S; 01/31/14.

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

Big stack of Bibles. Some dumb [bleep] named Gideon leaves at least one everywhere I go.

Yours for the cost of shipping.

Travis

PS-Shipping is $40.00.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

I've got a LNIB pre-64 Featherweight with a post-14 paracord sling that doesn't get much use. All sales final. Would trade toward a Mars Rover or Justin Bieber's original mug shots. Thanks

G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
I'll save you $40.00 and will have two young men in white shirts deliver you a book for free. PM me your address.

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
No thanks. Jehovah was by here the other day. You need any more copies?

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Big stack of Bibles. Some dumb [bleep] named Gideon leaves at least one everywhere I go.

Travis

PS-Shipping is $40.00.

That dude gets around.

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 8SNAKE

I've got a LNIB pre-64 Featherweight with a post-14 paracord sling that doesn't get much use. All sales final. Would trade toward a Mars Rover or Justin Bieber's original mug shots. Thanks

I will take the sling if you are willing to separate... Let me know oh was the sling made in Oregon?

Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by GreatWaputi
I'll save you $40.00 and will have two young men in white shirts deliver you a book for free. PM me your address.

Hey now leave the Mormons out this....

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by 79S

I will take the sling if you are willing to separate... Let me know oh was the sling made in Oregon?

Can't possibly split up a pairing like this. The devil is in the details, though. wink

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Send cash.
Then I'll go see if I can find something similar and ship it. Maybe.

Have Dog

Will Travel

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 79S

I think it's Frederick's of Oregon or maybe Uncle Mike's of Hollywood.

"Don't believe everything you see on the Internet" - Abraham Lincoln
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M

Travis

PS-Shipping is $40.00.

I'll take it. Since it's new to you, it will need to be sent out for repair, ok?

Beware of thieves, scammers and dishonest members on the "Fire" classifieds. Ya there is a thief here too. Whatever!!

They're all around the CampFire and everywhere.
Page 13 of 28 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 27 28

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

577 members (10gaugeman, 1234, 06hunter59, 10ring1, 160user, 007FJ, 59 invisible), 2,222 guests, and 1,307 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,920
Posts18,479,752
Members73,947
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.