Print Thread
Hop To
Page 15 of 28 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 27 28
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Yalie
Originally Posted by 22WRF
Originally Posted by Sactoller
I wouldn't be too fast, to apologize. I had a dealing with Yalie he is a complete arsehole!

Translation: You had a contract with Yalie and he thinks differently than you do. So now you choose to degrade him rather than providing the facts surrounding the contract so that others can make up their own minds what they think.

Dear Kevin:

You are correct. So, I will provide the facts.

On December 12, 2012 (yes, almost two years ago), I sent a check for $180.00 to Jason Z. Alberts, aka sactoller for a 1908 Brazilian Mauser action (the "action") that he was offering for sale here on 24 Hour Campfire.

When I received it, the action had so many different arsenal stamps on its respective parts, that I had no idea where the non-receiver parts came from, certainly not from DWM or Oberndorf.

I returned the action for a full refund from Mr. Alberts.

To bring this up almost two years later is childish at best.

And Mr. Alberts, I certainly would never do business with you again.

Sincerely,

Chris Bemis

Reminds me why I will never deal with Yalie. I've had dealings with Jason several times and he's one of the good guys. And 22WRF coming to Yalie's defense completely seals it for me. Thanks for the reminder.

Sent from my Dingleberry Handheld Wireless
GB1

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Not again??!!

"I never thought I'd live to see the day that a U.S. president would raise an army to invade his own country."
Robert E. Lee
K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by Fireball2
I've been real slow to reply to all of this, because, if you read the Yalie thread, I was not slow on that one. I was one of Marks supporters.
I will say I did not, nor would I ever, nor did anyone else, respond positively to Yalies posting style. He came across as an arrogant lawyer starting that thread, and everyone posting on that thread got the same vibe. It's hard to be objective right off the bat when someone starts off like that.
Even now, I won't go back and try to conclude much about THAT affair between them. I shouldn't comment on any past affairs between Mark and anyone else. My mistake and I apologize for getting involved. It's pretty hard to know what happens between two people, but after while you sense what's going on. I'm still learning what's happening around here, like alot of you.
I have to remind everyone that there were a lot of people that have known Mark for a long time, that came out in his defense. I may be one of the folks with the least amount of experience with Mark at that time, but quickly picked up that he's very congenial. He went above and beyond in many ways in our dealings. I really feel strongly that he's dealt with large numbers of people here very fairly. But, perhaps things have been stretched to the breaking point by his pushing a little too hard to make one too many deals. Robbing Peter to pay Paul, burning the candle at both ends, etc.
It took me a while to realize the extent of the wheeling dealing going on, but I see it now. I don't want to devalue a guy like Mark, a Christian brother and I think a man that has contributed much in the past. Every man lives, learns, and hopefully grows as we progress.
Life is an elastic experience. We are forced to stretch and flex our way along, and if this is used positively, I believe all parties, myself included, can learn much and move forward in a positive direction.
I'd like to see Yalie acknowledge that his style of confrontation and possibly the manner in which he handled the transaction sucked, and turned alot of people against him before they had a chance to really be objective.
I'd like to see Mark step up and instead of giving us the long version including all the reasons why this or that is so, simply say, "I'm sorry", and maybe show a little genuine humility.
Both have an opportunity to grow here.
As for me, I was wrong to get involved. I was wrong to say a word. It was not my affair, I should have stayed out of it. I should not have said what I said about feeding Yalie to the dogs, so to speak. I am sorry for getting involved.
I hope rather than a crucification for any party what we see is an outpouring of support and encouragement to do better, with accountability. Show a brother some tough love. Thanks for reading Campfire. Let's move forward in love and respect for one another. Unfortunately, I have not modeled that. Again, I apologize for that.

This is how Christians typically apologize.

Just an FYI.

Travis

lol. Some apology.

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by kamo_gari
I've been real slow to reply to all of this, because, if you read the Yalie thread, I was not slow on that one. I was one of Marks supporters.
I will say I did not, nor would I ever, nor did anyone else, respond positively to Yalies posting style. He came across as an arrogant lawyer starting that thread, and everyone posting on that thread got the same vibe. It's hard to be objective right off the bat when someone starts off like that.
Even now, I won't go back and try to conclude much about THAT affair between them. I shouldn't comment on any past affairs between Mark and anyone else. My mistake and I apologize for getting involved. It's pretty hard to know what happens between two people, but after while you sense what's going on. I'm still learning what's happening around here, like alot of you.
I have to remind everyone that there were a lot of people that have known Mark for a long time, that came out in his defense. I may be one of the folks with the least amount of experience with Mark at that time, but quickly picked up that he's very congenial. He went above and beyond in many ways in our dealings. I really feel strongly that he's dealt with large numbers of people here very fairly. But, perhaps things have been stretched to the breaking point by his pushing a little too hard to make one too many deals. Robbing Peter to pay Paul, burning the candle at both ends, etc.
It took me a while to realize the extent of the wheeling dealing going on, but I see it now. I don't want to devalue a guy like Mark, a Christian brother and I think a man that has contributed much in the past. Every man lives, learns, and hopefully grows as we progress.
Life is an elastic experience. We are forced to stretch and flex our way along, and if this is used positively, I believe all parties, myself included, can learn much and move forward in a positive direction.
I'd like to see Yalie acknowledge that his style of confrontation and possibly the manner in which he handled the transaction sucked, and turned alot of people against him before they had a chance to really be objective.
I'd like to see Mark step up and instead of giving us the long version including all the reasons why this or that is so, simply say, "I'm sorry", and maybe show a little genuine humility.
As for me, I was wrong to get involved. I was wrong to say a word. It was not my affair, I should have stayed out of it. I should not have said what I said about feeding Yalie to the dogs, so to speak. I am sorry for getting involved.
I hope rather than a crucification for any party what we see is an outpouring of support and encouragement to do better, with accountability. Show a brother some tough love. Thanks for reading Campfire. Let's move forward in love and respect for one another. Unfortunately, I have not modeled that. Again, I apologize for that.

Just an FYI.

Travis

lol. Some apology.

Off topic a bit, well a big bit. I've been doing some thinking the past few days, and whilst I've been a prick to you, often, I've never and will never doubt your integrity.

Integrity means everything to me, and perhaps I've been wrong an an occasion or 15 with you. That's my apology

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Originally Posted by kamo_gari

Just an FYI.

Travis

lol. Some apology.

Off topic a bit, well a big bit. I've been doing some thinking the past few days, and whilst I've been a prick to you, often, I've never and will never doubt your integrity.

Integrity means everything to me, and perhaps I've been wrong an an occasion or 15 with you. That's my apology

Ya know Scott. We've bumped heads, but i have a damed lot of respect for you. And hope to cross paths someday

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

IC B2

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
I've never even noticed a post of yours before now. Who are you.....

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Me?

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Yeah, you.....

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Wtf.Did someone spike the water with estrogen?

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Yeah, you.....

Hmmm.

IC B3

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by gitem_12
Yeah, you.....

Hmmm.

You a new guy?

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
whip 'em out for a good old fashioned dick-off

My diploma is a DD214
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Yeah, you.....

Hmmm.

You a new guy?

Ummm no,

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S

Ummm no,

That's it, you use to have a different User name, something like Boss something or other maybe? You're from Indiana, right?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
kumbaya .....

George
Associate Gypsy
Order of Sleepless Knights

Originally Posted by GOD
... That is when I carried you ...
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Hey!!!
I thought only "Canucks" apologized, now I am confused.
confused

"The 375HH is the greatest level of power you can get for the investment in recoil." (JJHack)
79s and losttrail, biggest waste of air.
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G

Ummm no,

That's it, you use to have a different User name, something like Boss something or other maybe? You're from Indiana, right?

Lol, umm no on both accounts.

We have discussed rifles and you have on several times offered me good advice.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
I hate sum beaches that stop payment on a check.

I've been so overwhelmed with fake news that I'm now nuts. Let's go Brandon
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Tell me you love me. Somebody.

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
I haven't been keeping up. Why is there a revival of interest in Safariman?

Page 15 of 28 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 27 28

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

624 members (007FJ, 1234, 1Longbow, 204guy, 10gaugemag, 12344mag, 62 invisible), 2,233 guests, and 1,299 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,918
Posts18,479,669
Members73,947
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.