Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Liberals are such stupid little critters, eliminate discrimination by creating discrimination.........smart move.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Barak
I spend a fair amount of time trying to get released felons hired into white-collar positions that they are not only qualified for, but better qualified for than anyone without a criminal record who'd be willing to work for the same pay.

I see a lot of silly behavior, stupid misconceptions, and baseless prejudice. (My guess is that I'm about to see a burst of all three right here on this thread.)

No silly out burst from me but I am curious as to what type of help you offer. I'll assume it's with the application process and interviewing ?

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
As an Illinois employer I am offended. However, I don't think it affects me.

Because we handle cash and work well into the night, we have a gun at every desk. Applicants must have or obtain an FOID. (Firearm Owner's IDentification)

That's even cheaper than doing a background check - we let the State Police do it for us.

National Rifle Association - Patron Member
National Muzzleloading Rifle Association - Life Member and 1 of 1000
Illinois State Rifle Association - Life Member
Carlinville Rifle & Pistol Club
~ Molɔ̀ːn Labé ~
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
That's a good idea. Require that every employee get a FOID and a hunting license. That way you eliminate criminals and most progressive fascists.

[Linked Image from ]
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Prejudice against criminals and progressives is justified.

[Linked Image from ]
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by k22hornet
He's just being proactive.

With so many former Illinois governors having been in jail, or still in jail, Gov. Quinn is trying to make it easier for himself when he gets out of prison.

LOL!

[Linked Image from ]
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I understand and even somewhat agree with the intent, but the way they're doing this is insane.

Our treatment of released convicts is abhorent and it's really hard for them to get a job. If they have "paid their debt to society" then they ought to be able to return to society and have at least some chance of earning a living.

B U T!!! There are some classifications of convicts that are completely WRONG for a given job. Someone mentioned someone with a history of embezzlement. A private employer ought to be able to make a distinction.

How about private schools screening sexual predators?

And I can go on and on.

On the other side, I have met a few guys who did something dumb and were trying to turn their life around and are met with crazy resistance.

We need to to find a better way to treat ex-con's who are not a threat and are honestly looking to live a normal life. But this law is just crazy...freakin crazy.

If I were an employer in Illinois (I'd have the common sense to not ever start a business in Illinois, MD, or CA), I'd seriously be looking to make a move to free America.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
In Iowa we have the Iowa Courts On Line. It's not a formal check but it's everything that is handled by the County Clerks in all 99 counties. https://www.iowacourts.state.ia.us/ESAWebApp//DefaultFrame?in=1

This is all public and free. It does allow an employer the chance to sort folks out easier before a "formal" search is done.

Does Illinois have anything like that? If not, the governor and the legislature have gone full retard.

kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RDFinn
Originally Posted by Barak
I spend a fair amount of time trying to get released felons hired into white-collar positions that they are not only qualified for, but better qualified for than anyone without a criminal record who'd be willing to work for the same pay.

I see a lot of silly behavior, stupid misconceptions, and baseless prejudice. (My guess is that I'm about to see a burst of all three right here on this thread.)

No silly out burst from me but I am curious as to what type of help you offer. I'll assume it's with the application process and interviewing ?

In my industry the application process is not particularly important. I help with resumes and interviewing, sure, but I also serve as a reference and an advocate for guys I know personally who are trying to get jobs. My record so far is three into paying IT jobs, one not into any job yet but doing well in college, and one back into prison on a parole violation.

"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain--that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist." --Lysander Spooner, 1867
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ConradCA
Prejudice against criminals and progressives is justified.

Thank you. I would have been disappointed if you hadn't.

"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain--that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist." --Lysander Spooner, 1867
IC B3

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by KansasBound
So private schools and day cares can't check for child molesters?

Well, they already get a second chance, its called a "halfway house".

My home is the "sanctuary residence" for my firearms.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
How far away is Hicksville from Northern NJ..?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by bea175
Employers in Illinois can no longer access criminal background checks on potential hires until after an interview is conducted.

Gov. Quinn signed into law this week a bill that prohibits private employers from asking applicants about their criminal history prior to determining if they are qualified for the job.

�Everyone deserves a second chance when it comes to getting a job,� Governor Quinn said in a press release. �This law will help ensure that people across Illinois get a fair shot to reach their full potential through their skills and qualifications, rather than past history. It will also help reduce recidivism, fight poverty and prevent violence in our communities by putting more people back to work.�

Does this law make it illegal for the employers to tell the candidates that if they have been convicted of a felony then they have no chance of being hired?

Also, can they have the candidate pay a $1,000 deposit before the interview that will be returned if they are found not to be felons?

Last edited by ConradCA; 07/26/14.

[Linked Image from ]
bea175 Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
This law was put on the books so the hiring process for Chicago Police Officers would go smoother .

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

362 members (160user, 10ring1, 219DW, 1Longbow, 10Glocks, 12344mag, 31 invisible), 2,055 guests, and 1,131 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,124
Posts18,483,724
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.