Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
P
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
P
Seems that her drive has not been shredded.
The IRS folks say that it is only scratched and they will give it up to the techs that the House will use to try to retrieve the e-mails.

Wonder what will turn up next!

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Really can't believe after all of this that the HD would be original...

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Sounds suspicious to me.

Steve.

"I was a deerhunter long before I was a man." ~Gene Wensel's Come November (2000)
"A vote is like a rifle; its usefulness depends upon the character of the user." ~Theodore Roosevelt
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I think someone needs to walk Lois out in hand cuffs and I'll bet other folks start singing like little birds and those hard drives miraculously appear. kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
It will only contain family recipes.

IC B2

Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
It suddenly appeared with a 'scratch'.

Yeah, right.

I got a cold Pepsi that says this story will change too.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Why the frack isnt SOMEBODY ALREADY arrested on

obstruction of justice,
tampering,
And illegal misuse of a government agency???

HOLY MOTHER FRACK!!!!!

Why can we not effect this judgement?

Feckless Republicans, just waiting on the election, to get BACK in power.......and do nothing, and drop the whole laundry list of issues. Theyll no longer care.

Its a "whore-off", winner takes control of Congress in '14.

Last edited by WillARights; 07/23/14.

Trump HAD the World, ", Trump saw our children, "
Trump saw a way to make a brighter day so he started giving
There was a choice he was making, he was saving our own lives
Its true he made a brighter day for you and me. --Trump WINS 2016
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Hard to imagine who might have intentionally scratched it.

It is impossible for me to think anything less of her.

Norman Solberg
International lawyer, lately for 25 years in Japan, now working on trusts in the US, the 3rd greatest tax haven. NRA Life Member for over 50 years, NRA Endowment (2014), Patron (2016).
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Deerwhacker444

Ya don't say....

220 Swift still king.
RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
With the delay it gave them a chance to write all those emails with her telling how much she admires and respects the Tea Party.

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by kwg020
I think someone needs to walk Lois out in hand cuffs and I'll bet other folks start singing like little birds and those hard drives miraculously appear. kwg

and it's not just Lois that needs arresting. Her superiors and her worker bees all need to be apprehended, incarcerated and water boarded.

Sam......

C
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
C
The [bleep] emails are not on the hard drive. They are on an Exchange server somewhere or have been moved to tape or some other backup media.

Once again the Republicans lack the rollers to demand a special prosecutor to investigate this. Throw her skank ass in jail for a month or two and I would imagine a lot of things will come to light.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by WillARights
Why the frack isnt SOMEBODY ALREADY arrested on

obstruction of justice,
tampering,
And illegal misuse of a government agency???

HOLY MOTHER FRACK!!!!!

Why can we not effect this judgement?

Feckless Republicans, just waiting on the election, to get BACK in power.......and do nothing, and drop the whole laundry list of issues. Theyll no longer care.

Its a "whore-off", winner takes control of Congress in '14.
I couldn't POSSIBLY agree more..

Originally Posted by Swift
Originally Posted by Deerwhacker444

Ya don't say....
Beat me to it..

Originally Posted by CrowRifle
The [bleep] emails are not on the hard drive. They are on an Exchange server somewhere or have been moved to tape or some other backup media.

Once again the Republicans lack the rollers to demand a special prosecutor to investigate this.
That too... GOP is too busy scheduling 'hearings' to do anything else.. Plus, they haven't a pair of balls between the entire party... I've never - and I mean NEVER - in my life have seen such a gutless, ball-less bunch of pos pols....

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by CrowRifle

Once again the Republicans lack the rollers to demand a special prosecutor to investigate this. Throw her skank ass in jail for a month or two and I would imagine a lot of things will come to light.

One would think that Issa, who made his bones on security and IT stuff, ought to know this. Of course, that would assume that this whole damned thing isn't actually political Kabuki theater just to keep the cheerleading audiences on both sides entertained (which it is).

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Depending on the mail software, the emails can be in 3 places (possibly 4)

Sender's hard drive, receivers hard drive, and the server (and could be two servers, depending if the sender and recipient are on the same exchange or not). The first two can be deleted by the user, the latter(s) by admin.

I'm running a number of different mail addresses, one of them server based, with no local download, and two with local download.

This whole hard drive crap has been a boondoggle from the get go.

Who f'n cares what's on her hard drive when the server has or should have the data, and should have been obtained from the get go.

With the new found hard drive to finally give the final say on what she did or did not write, I'm dubious, to say the least.

Really convenient that it was found in tact with a mere scratch.....

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by RWE
Depending on the mail software, the emails can be in 3 places (possibly 4)

I thought there was a huge repository in Utah where ALL electronic data was being stored...maybe ask Snowden?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
This will not stop until they are out of office and replaced with Americans.

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Scratched hard drive? Never heard of such a thing. It's not like a hard drive is a vinyl record or something.

The whole string of excuses we have seen sounds like fabrications from people without much IT knowledge. As pointed out, the emails might never have been on the hard drive on her computer in the first place. And there are commercial operations that will recover most of the contents from a failed hard drive. The going rate used to be about $250. If the read/write head(s) or the electronics fail, it's possible to remove the platters and remount them in a working system. Unless sectors have been written over with nulls, the data is still there.

It all just stinks to high heaven.

Be not weary in well doing.
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Sort of reminds one of the boxes of Clinton records that mysteriously showed up at the door about 2 years after the request.

I worked for the Feds, and any hard drive taken out of service absolutely has to be scrubbed and rendered completely unusable before disposal. Sounds like they violated procedure as well.

Last edited by 1minute; 07/23/14.

1Minute
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
denton, I totally agree that I've never heard of a "scratched" hard drive. I've seen lots of them fail, but:
1) Never like that.
2) Never in the numbers involved here. 7 people with failed hard drives in the same year and all involved in the same scandal? Maybe 1 person out of a group of 20 will have a hard drive fail in a given year if you never replace their computers until they totally fail. Far less than that if they get new computers every 5 years or less.

The Savage 99 Pocket Reference”.
All models and variations of 1895’s, 1899’s and 99’s covered.
Also dates, checkering, engraving.. Find at www.savagelevers.com
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

550 members (10gaugemag, 1lessdog, 1minute, 160user, 1234, 219 Wasp, 62 invisible), 2,507 guests, and 1,225 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,791
Posts18,516,061
Members74,017
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.