-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

I painted my kitchen and dining area with a paint that looked good...during the daytime. At night it turned to a light green color. I hate it when I have to redo things but it happens more often than I'd like.

Now I always paint a wall and look at it for a week before I commit. I've found you have to tell contractors in writing exactly what you want them to do.

Quando omni flunkus moritati
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Stucco sucks.

"Live like you'll die tomorrow, but manage your grass like you'll live forever."
-S. M. Stirling
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by smarquez
We did the same to pick a color except we drove around with the painter and he showed us houses HE painted. We got exactly what we wanted.

That's smart! I took my guy to 4 houses and showed him what I liked and he said "no problem"

He didn't tell us until after the fact that he didn't use the same color for the stucco than he did for the house. He said it would have cost us 25% more which would have been worth it to have my house match. I told him I didn't like the trim color within 10 feet of my trim being painted and when I got back home he didn't stop, he just continued painting the house trim with it and it's this horrible baby poop color

Pics coming now....

Not horrible from far away
[Linked Image]

But them you get closer and see it doesn't match.....
[Linked Image]

I can't stand that he didn't color match the stucco to the rest of the house and I absolutely hate that trim color

I could live with it if my house were the color of the stucco but the siding that is the majority of my house now has a bronze/caramel tint that I hate. The trim is just hideous

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
When it comes to color, my answer is "whatever you want dear."

I just live in the place and couldn't care less.

Sort of reminds me of a past and most excellent secretary I worked with. She and hubby were building a high end home, and she was constantly calling him for opinions on color, lighting, switch placement, and appliances. After about 6 weeks or so she finally noted one morning that "he really does not care."

Last edited by 1minute; 07/24/14.

1Minute
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by huntsonora
Originally Posted by smarquez
We did the same to pick a color except we drove around with the painter and he showed us houses HE painted. We got exactly what we wanted.

That's smart! I took my guy to 4 houses and showed him what I liked and he said "no problem"

He didn't tell us until after the fact that he didn't use the same color for the stucco than he did for the house. He said it would have cost us 25% more which would have been worth it to have my house match. I told him I didn't like the trim color within 10 feet of my trim being painted and when I got back home he didn't stop, he just continued painting the house trim with it and it's this horrible baby poop color

Pics coming now....

Not horrible from far away
[Linked Image]

But them you get closer and see it doesn't match.....
[Linked Image]

I can't stand that he didn't color match the stucco to the rest of the house and I absolutely hate that trim color

I could live with it if my house were the color of the stucco but the siding that is the majority of my house now has a bronze/caramel tint that I hate. The trim is just hideous

Call him back offer to pay the difference to fix the siding color. If he refuses get another painter and get it done right. Personally I know a lot of painters and this guy sounds like an idiot, Unfortunately since you already paid him you have little recourse.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The parts I see that look "off" are the garage door and the back door. The rest of the house looks good and the mis-match doesn't hurt the color scheme. It's not bad at all.

You have a very nice looking home.

That's just my opinion but when it comes to colors everyone has a different opinion.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
I think it looks pretty good, actually.

I am colorblind though. grin

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by fish head
The parts I see that look "off" are the garage door and the back door. The rest of the house looks good and the mis-match doesn't hurt the color scheme. It's not bad at all.

That's just my opinion but when it comes to colors everyone has a different opinion.

The house is attractive but not a [bleep] thing matches on the exterior. You have 2 colors when dealing with most homes, trim and exterior. If a painter can't figure that out he should find other work.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter

The house is attractive but not a [bleep] thing matches on the exterior. You have 2 colors when dealing with most homes, trim and exterior. If a painter can't figure that out he should find other work.

Differences of opinions. smile

I like homes that have an accent color(s). Two colors is blah.

Last edited by fish head; 07/24/14.
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker

Thanks for the compliment on the house fish!

Oldelk, I agree! This is my problem! I am going to get him over here tomorrow and record out conversation as I am sure he will tell me everything again about how he didn't use the colors we picked out and didn't stop when I told him I didn't like it and how it doesn't match the house down the street that I told him to color match and then I'll have an attorney friend of mine send him a nasty letter if he says he won't do anything to fix it.

I'll start out nice but I am PISSED

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
always let the lady of the house pick the color......

I work harder than a ugly stripper....
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
The red truck looks like chitt, that's all I see that's wrong with it,

Writing here is Prohibited by the authorities.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by huntsonora

Thanks for the compliment on the house fish!

Oldelk, I agree! This is my problem! I am going to get him over here tomorrow and record out conversation as I am sure he will tell me everything again about how he didn't use the colors we picked out and didn't stop when I told him I didn't like it and how it doesn't match the house down the street that I told him to color match and then I'll have an attorney friend of mine send him a nasty letter if he says he won't do anything to fix it.

I'll start out nice but I am PISSED

Not worth getting pissed off over, you have a very attractive home, You will get it figured out, it is fixable.

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by jimy
The red truck looks like chitt, that's all I see that's wrong with it,

Looks better in these pics....

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
I actually like it, but it ain't me that has to be happy

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Id have no problem with the colors at all, and I have good taste....;)

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I think it looks okay, myself. Does your wife like it? Yes the trim is a bit orange-y but I've seen worse. Stonework/stucco is not a bad combination, IMO.

Maybe a light tan color, lighter than the stucco, to reflect a bit more heat in summer?

I decided a while back that our office lobby needed repainting, as the old blah gray looked really stale. I wanted something warmer & brighter, so picked a color that Behr calls "warm muffin". I like it and my boss likes it. The women in the office absolutely hate it grin

I'm glad I got to pick all the colors for my new house grin

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
I just looked at the picture on the computer screen and it doesn't really show the difference like it does in person. I think if I redo the trim it will help because that color is horrible. I absolutely hate the trim color

I just wanted it to match from stucco to the siding and I really wanted the trim to five it some good contrast and it doesn't match and the contrast sucks. Now I am just rambling and bitching about the same stuff. My wife has been at a meeting all week and she gets home this evening so we'll see what she thinks. My guess is she is going to absolutely hate it but she's a woman so theres no telling

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'm in the middle of choosing colors for a house, and man it's tough. The worst part is you won't know what the colors will look like until its too late. Sherwin Williams does have an app where you can take a picture of the paint on a house and it is supposed to match it, not sure how well that works but it would be worth asking the owner of the house which color you like if you can take some pics of the colors to get a color match, then run it through the SW app and see if they paint your painter used is the same or close to the match.

We've looked at a lot of houses lately to see what colors we like, and I doubt we've liked 10% of the color schemes we've seen. Personally I think the colors on your house look good, but it doesn't matter what someone else thinks of the color scheme if you're not happy with it.

If you're the type of person who will never be able to enjoy the house until it's the color you want, then try and work out a deal with the painter for him to repaint it the color you want, or find a painter who will paint it the color you want.

Personally I figure life is to short to get bent out of shape about things like that which is where I'm at with choosing the colors for our house. Ultimately if I don't like them I'll just repaint it in a few years. In fact if it was my house I'd simply repaint it myself, that way I would have full control over the colors, and I'd be able to do it for a fraction of what a painter charges.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Nice looking home.

If there is something wrong with the color, I don't see it.

If I were in your driveway, I'd put my tongue in that Boyota's tailpipe.

These are just my opinions. I am not a gunwriter.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

99 members (badwolf, 257 mag, 35, BABore, 10 invisible), 1,433 guests, and 932 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,623
Posts18,474,064
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.