-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Maybe a plaque on the beach honoring your bravery, with an audio playing �don�t swim upstream�. I�m sure you could have saved the guy too if he could only have heard you yell.

�Got her to shore�. Without even getting your shoes wet.
Knew it.

Be Polite , Be Professional , but have a plan to kill everybody you meet
-General James Mattis United States Marine Corps

Nothing is darker than a mau mau's moo moo.

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
You're being a douche again.

"Be sure you're right. Then go ahead." Fess Parker as Davy Crockett
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You mean always.

Originally Posted by captain seafire
I replace valve cover gaskets every 50K, if they don't need them sooner...
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Toltec are you kidding? I was so inspired by scottie's act of bravery I went to Walmart and yelled at exiting patrons to "look both ways" as they walked across the parking lot. No telling how many I got to shore, err car, safely.

Rancho, anybody with 2 razor scooters (i.e. you) is not qualified to comment.

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
You are proving my point. All Scott said was that it was "interesting." You are projecting, pal. smile

I knew I should already have gone to bed.

"Be sure you're right. Then go ahead." Fess Parker as Davy Crockett
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Dude you have no appreciation. scottie almost got his shoes wet watching that near drowning girl. Why.. if scottie hadn't yelled for her to swim for the shore, no telling what would have happened, but scottie "got her to shore".

S
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
S
At least no one quoted Dick again so I can't read what he typed.

He's a typical little man that has never done a damn thing in his life. Funny really

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Originally Posted by Pete E

You guys struggle with football, so you'll never manage cricket! wink

We're capable of understanding soccer, it's just impossible for the average American to make it through a match without falling asleep smile

I concur on the cricket though. I was in a hotel bar in New Delhi India a few years ago and the bartender spent two hours trying to explain cricket to me. I didn't understand it any more after than I did before, but that might have been because of all the beer. Kingfisher isn't particularly good beer, but it was free during happy hour and that counts for a lot.

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by tjm10025
Originally Posted by GunReader
We were taught that if push came to shove we might have to knock the victim out to stop their struggling from drowning both of us.

For some reason, my life guard instructor thought it was the funniest thing he'd ever heard when we asked him, and he told us not to even think about trying it.

So while we got to practice on each other how to break choke holds and such, we never did practice punching each other in the head repeatedly while treading water.

Yeah, my training included a lot of hold-breaking practice. One azzhole in my class was very big and strong and used to take delight in half-drowning his classmates in those practice sessions. When he tried it on me I grabbed his nut sack and halfway yanked it off. He went to the bottom like a stone.

Not that you would do that with a real victim, the key is to approach from behind and get a good grip, and if they try to climb you before you have a secure hold, dive under them and re-engage from behind again. IIRC. I haven't life guarded in 35 years.

"I'm gonna have to science the schit out of this." Mark Watney, Sol 59, Mars
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Search and Rescue...redefining Darwinism, daily.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Crow hunter

I concur on the cricket though. I was in a hotel bar in New Delhi India a few years ago and the bartender spent two hours trying to explain cricket to me. I didn't understand it any more after than I did before, but that might have been because of all the beer. Kingfisher isn't particularly good beer, but it was free during happy hour and that counts for a lot.

CRICKET: As explained to a foreigner:

You have two sides, one out in the field and one in. Each man that's in the side that's in goes out, and when he's out he comes in and the next man goes in until he's out. When they are all out, the side that's out comes in and the side that's been in goes out and tries to get those coming in, out. Sometimes you get men still in and not out.
When a man goes out to go in, the men who are out try to get him out, and when he is out he goes in and the next man in goes out and goes in. There are two men called umpires who stay out all the time and they decide when the men who are in are out. When both sides have been in and all the men have been out, and both sides have been out twice after all the men have been in, including those who are not out, that is the end of the game.

The above is absolutely genuine and 100% correct! grin

W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
confused

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Originally Posted by Crow hunter

CRICKET: As explained to a foreigner:

You have two sides, one out in the field and one in. Each man that's in the side that's in goes out, and when he's out he comes in and the next man goes in until he's out. When they are all out, the side that's out comes in and the side that's been in goes out and tries to get those coming in, out. Sometimes you get men still in and not out.
When a man goes out to go in, the men who are out try to get him out, and when he is out he goes in and the next man in goes out and goes in. There are two men called umpires who stay out all the time and they decide when the men who are in are out. When both sides have been in and all the men have been out, and both sides have been out twice after all the men have been in, including those who are not out, that is the end of the game.

The above is absolutely genuine and 100% correct! grin

I don't know why the bartender couldn't have just said that. It's all so perfectly clear now!

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

592 members (12344mag, 02bfishn, 1234, 1lessdog, 163bc, 01Foreman400, 64 invisible), 2,478 guests, and 1,326 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,573
Posts18,491,918
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.