Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Ringman Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Untrue. Creationists misunderstand the Second Law if they believe that it's incompatible with evolution. Your understanding of it fails to take into account an exterior source of energy, i.e., the sun, which is a manifestation of the residual energy left from the Big Bang. While, as a whole, energy is decaying in the universe, the earth has been receiving a steady input of energy from the start, i.e., the earth is not an isolated system.

Aren't you the guy who said an ape was walking along and God put a soul in him? Then you didn't know if God put an ovum in an ape to get the first woman or exaclty what. Sure. You make a lot of sence.

Now let's look at your energy.

There is no denying energy comes from the sun. Where did the sun get its energy? Never mind that's a different questestion. Back to the energy coming from the sun. Who was running the energy coming from the sun?

In order for the energy to accomplish something useful there must be a plan. In order to generate a plan there must be a mind. To use the energy there must be an energy conversion mechinism to harness the energy otherwise the energy will destroy what it produces. Consider a cake with all the correct ingredience and baking at the right temperature with one caveat. We leave it in the oven too long. We converted the sun's energy to the correct heat but didn't control the length of time it was subject to the controled energy. Next we need some way to mix the correct chemicals in the corret ammounts. That would never happen by chance.

The Second Law predicts the chance of the correct mixture coming together is never going to happen. The Second Law predicts if the correct mixture came together the energy souce would destroy the mixture.

Your opinions are a result of the Second Law in action.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by Ringman

antelope_sniper

It's not about preference, it's about evidence.

You and I looked at the evidence and came to opposite conclusions. It's not about evidence. It about world view. One's world view is not tested by science or life's experiences. It is what we use to interpret evidence and experiences.

My world view is based on evidence. Your is based on faith.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Untrue. Creationists misunderstand the Second Law if they believe that it's incompatible with evolution. Your understanding of it fails to take into account an exterior source of energy, i.e., the sun, which is a manifestation of the residual energy left from the Big Bang. While, as a whole, energy is decaying in the universe, the earth has been receiving a steady input of energy from the start, i.e., the earth is not an isolated system.

Aren't you the guy who said an ape was walking along and God put a soul in him? Then you didn't know if God put an ovum in an ape to get the first woman or exaclty what. Sure. You make a lot of sence.

Now let's look at your energy.

There is no denying energy comes from the sun. Where did the sun get its energy? Nuclear fusion. Never mind that's a different question. Back to the energy coming from the sun. Who was running the energy coming from the sun? No one, it's just a nuclear reaction.

In order for the energy to accomplish something useful there must be a plan.not true In order to generate a plan there must be a mind. To use the energy there must be an energy conversion mechinism to harness the energy otherwise the energy will destroy what it produces.yes, a small amount of matter is destroyed when the fun fuses hydrogen into helium Consider a cake with all the correct ingredience and baking at the right temperature with one caveat. We leave it in the oven too long. We converted the sun's energy to the correct heat but didn't control the length of time it was subject to the controlled energy. Next we need some way to mix the correct chemicals in the correct amounts. That would never happen by chance. This is just an argument from personal incredibility, and a rephrase of an argument I've already debunked.

The Second Law predicts the chance of the correct mixture coming together is never going to happen. No, it does no such thing. The Second Law predicts if the correct mixture came together the energy source would destroy the mixture. Again, it does no such thing.

Your opinions are a result of the Second Law in action.

Take a moment and notice what you did. You jumped from scientific argument, to the old "blind watchmaker argument", and just kind of blended the two together.

As for complexity in nature,
Complexity arises from simplicity all the time. The Mandelbrot set is an example (Dewey 1996). Real-life examples include the following: A pan of water with heat applied uniformly to its bottom will develop convection currents that are more complex than the still water; complex hurricanes arise from similar principles; complex planetary ring systems arise from simple laws of gravitation; complex ant nests arise from simple behaviors; and complex organisms arise from simpler seeds and embryos.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

Ringman Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger

My world view is based on evidence. Your is based on faith.

You obviously don't understand world view. Evidence is just there.

When an objetive paleontologist looks at a fossil with a clear optical lens still intack or some soft tissue with blood still intact he realizes it can't be millions of years old based on scientific observations and deterioration rates.

When an evolitionist paleontologist looks at a fossil with a clear optical lens still in tact or some soft tissue with blood still intact he tries to figure out out it can be millions of years old and not deteriorated or completely mineralized.

Evidence is why a few Ph.D evolutionist scientists become creationist every year. Their world view gets hammered only so long before the have to reject their brainwashing from kindergarten through graduate school and look at the evidence objectively.

The reverse is never true; as long as we don't include philosophers and theologians.

Everyday Hunter
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Evidence is why a few Ph.D evolutionist scientists become creationist every year. Their world view gets hammered only so long before the have to reject their brainwashing from kindergarten through graduate school and look at the evidence objectively.

Evidence is the reason 50% of believing Christians become non-believers while obtaining a four year college degree.

IC B2

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T

I never asserted any such thing. Asked to speculate, I offered some possibilities permissible within the boundaries of both Scripture and scientific discovery, but you grossly mischaracterize one of the possibilities I offered in the above false statement. Quite a low tactic. You must not be very confident in your position if you feel the need to resort to that sort of thing.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
As for complexity in nature,
Complexity arises from simplicity all the time. The Mandelbrot set is an example (Dewey 1996). Real-life examples include the following: A pan of water with heat applied uniformly to its bottom will develop convection currents that are more complex than the still water; complex hurricanes arise from similar principles; complex planetary ring systems arise from simple laws of gravitation; complex ant nests arise from simple behaviors; and complex organisms arise from simpler seeds and embryos.
Well said, and exactly right.

N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
Originally Posted by Everyday Hunter
In light of that, it's strange that the boundary you talk about -- between life and non-life -- is actually pretty clear. We know life when we see life. Steve.

Are viruses alive? When does life actually start and end? What parameters define what life is?

If you can distinguish between life and nonlife with no exceptions based on a rigid set of characteristics, then you need to write down how to do it and send it to doctors, lawyers, and scientists before you forget it since none of them have been able to do so.

It is, indeed, easy to tell between certain living and dead objects. A piece of cast iron is not alive while a playing puppy is. The problem comes when you search for the boundary between life and nonlife.

Being able to define that boundary is quite relevant to the discussion in this thread since it deals with that boundary.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Notropis
In light of that, it's strange that the boundary you talk about -- between life and non-life -- is actually pretty clear. We know life when we see life. Steve.

Are viruses alive? When does life actually start and end? What parameters define what life is?

If you can distinguish between life and nonlife with no exceptions based on a rigid set of characteristics, then you need to write down how to do it and send it to doctors, lawyers, and scientists before you forget it since none of them have been able to do so.

It is, indeed, easy to tell between certain living and dead objects. A piece of cast iron is not alive while a playing puppy is. The problem comes when you search for the boundary between life and nonlife.

Being able to define that boundary is quite relevant to the discussion in this thread since it deals with that boundary.
The fact that it's difficult to distinguish at a certain boundary line, as I guess you know, lends credence to the idea that life gradually came into existence from non-life.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by Notropis

The fact that it's difficult to distinguish at a certain boundary line, as I guess you know, lends credence to the idea that life gradually came into existence from non-life.

Bingo.

IC B3

Ringman Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger

Evidence is the reason 50% of believing Christians become non-believers while obtaining a four year college degree.

The lack of Christian apologetics in the church is why they leave. When they see the evidence they return to their roots.

Everyday Hunter
Ringman Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I never asserted any such thing. Asked to speculate, I offered some possibilities permissible within the boundaries of both Scripture and scientific discovery, but you grossly mischaracterize one of the possibilities I offered in the above false statement. Quite a low tactic. You must not be very confident in your position if you feel the need to resort to that sort of thing.

If you never posted anything like what I ask and are denying it now, I am sorry I mistook you for another poster.

Everyday Hunter
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A

The lack of Christian apologetics in the church is why they leave. When they see the evidence they return to their roots.

No, they are not:

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Last edited by antelope_sniper; 07/24/14.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
If you never posted anything like what I ask and are denying it now, I am sorry I mistook you for another poster.
I know what you're referring to, because I can recognize that tactic of argument, but it's a mischaracterization and you know it.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Evidence, huh? Is all the evidence in?

Steve.

"I was a deerhunter long before I was a man." ~Gene Wensel's Come November (2000)
"A vote is like a rifle; its usefulness depends upon the character of the user." ~Theodore Roosevelt
Ringman Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I know what you're referring to, because I can recognize that tactic of argument, but it's a mischaracterization and you know it.

What I know is you either posted something like that or you didn't. If you didn't, I'm sorry I confussed your position with another poster. There's nothing more than that. There is no tactic of an argument. You're trying to change the subject rather than accept an honest apology.

Everyday Hunter
Ringman Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I see you don't understand Christian apologetics. Check out Who Rolled The Stone?. That book is a perfect example of some Christian apologetics. My brother thought it was a bunch of nonsence until he attened a leture on Christian aplogetics. Now he uses it.

By the way, you did a good job of side tracking me. smile I just realized I ask you why Ph.D evolutionary scientists are becoming creationists and you come up with this distraction. Good job! The college students don't know what's going on and get nailed by brainwashed professor who, occationally also become creationists. smile

Everyday Hunter
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
The college students don't know what's going on and get nailed by brainwashed professors ...
In a sense I agree with you. The kids are being presented with a false choice, i.e., between science and revealed Christianity. Then they're shown the irrefutable evidence from science and asked to make a choice. Not having it explained that, understood correctly, there's no contradiction between the two, they make the "choice" for science against revealed Christianity because, based on what's been put before them, they'd feel like fools not to.

N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
why Ph.D evolutionary scientists are becoming creationists

Not all of us are. Most of us figured out long ago that there was no conflict. Any conflict comes from a lack of understanding and preconceived notions that are almost always quite false.

Ringman Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
The_Real_Hawkeye,

Your post reminds me of the fun movie, God is dead. I recomend it for a fun family movie.

Everyday Hunter
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

348 members (12344mag, 1lesfox, 222Sako, 1Longbow, 1lessdog, 160user, 30 invisible), 1,809 guests, and 1,127 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,750
Posts18,495,362
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.