-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Best I ever had was Ruger. I broke the stock on an eight year old Red Label. Web site said 250.00 + fitting cost. I called and explained what had happened. The gal said 35.00 for fitting but they just might warranty it. No promises but send it in and we'll see. Two weeks later my action showed up wearing a new stock accompanied buy a bill for N/C.

A couple more that stand out was Midway replacing a 10+ year old brass tumbler and Knives Of Alaska going way beyond what I expected on a fairly minor problem.

Most of my experiences were good although I'll stop strangers on the street to tell em not to buy Burris products. Worst CS I ever experienced.

GB1

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Great:

Smith & Wesson
Sierra Designs
Leupold
Swarovski
McMillan
Redding
Buck
REI
Dillon
Mountain Hardwear
Rifles and Recipes

Sux:

DPMS
Cabela's
RCBS
UPS
FedEx

Bob

I met a French guy the other day. I asked him "Do you speak German?" He said "No." I said "You're welcome!"
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
RCBS, A.G. Russell, and Ruger all have been superb with me.

Another one is Cabelas. The kids gave me some Cabelas soft side luggage for Christmas many years ago. I had the luggage for about 3 years when one piece was broken on a trip to Eastern Europe (one roller was gone and the base cracked). I called the Cabelas in Buda, TX to ask about where to send it for repair. The CS person told me to "bring in the biggest hunk I had left" of the broken piece of luggage. I did and they gave made a new one.

I know Jorge had a bad experience with them but they have been great with me.

"All I want is to enter my house justified."
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Good:
Midway USA
RCBS
Ruger
Cabelas
Leupold

Poor:
S&W
CZ
Simmons

Worst Ever:
Remington

"An open message for all Democrats; "Look you are nothing and your work is worthless. Anyone who chooses you is detestable."
Isaiah 41:24 (HCSB)

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Vortex Optics has excellent CS. RCBS has also been great. Lee Reloading also has been excellent.
I bought a Vortex Sparc red dot from the farm and barn store.it had the basics attached but they could not find the box with all the extras. I called Vortex asked what it would cost to get the extra mounts, batteries, handbook etc. They sent it for free.
Lee reloading is about 30 miles from me. I took an OLD Load master to get refurbished. I full expected to pay for it. I gave them my info and about 2 weeks later it's at my door. No charge.
Bill

Power corrupts; absolute power corrupts absolutely
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Made in America counts high in my books too.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
savage - had to send my model 93 in cause it quit shooting.

they paid postage both ways and sent it back with an extra mag.

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
The Great:

Vortex: needed a lens cover for a spotting scope, sent one free.

RCBS: needed set screws for a set of dies, sent them of free.

Hornady: needed parts for a press, sent them for free.

Burris: had a scope that became cloudy, fixed it for free, they paid shipping back to me.

Leupold: had turrets installed on 4 scopes, I had the scopes back 10 days later.

Do All Outdoors: Purchased a automatic trap, I've had several issues over the last 8 years with it, but they always sent parts or a replacement trap free of charge, even this many years later.

Cabelas: ordered some nosler 338 lapua brass that was sticking in my chamber, they refunded part of the purchase price. They have always went above and beyond with what ever I needed.

Nosler: Had issues with some 338 Lapua brass, they had me send them a couple pieces so they could measure them. Sent me 2 new boxes of brass in return.

Black Hills Ammo: Had a factory round that blew a pinhole in the primmer, they sent a new box of ammo.

The not as good CS:

Leica: The rubber objective covers on my geovids tore in too. They sent me a free pair, but with a little hassle. I also asked how much for them to just check them over a do a general cleaning. The quote was $450-$500, I thought that was excessive.

The Bad:

Moultrie: I had a trail camera that a bear attacked, It still worked but needed the smoke colored cover over the motion sensor. Told the CS rep what I needed he said he couldn't sell it to me. I asked how much it would be to repair it, he couldn't tell me. I asked how long it would take to fix it, he couldn't tell me. He was friendly but of no help.

Last edited by JMUPT; 07/25/14.
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Talley. Never had a problem with any defective or broken products, but they have really impressed me with their willingness to help you with a fitment, clearance or any other issue. A little over a year ago I was having a hard time getting the exact results I wanted mounting a Monarch on a PF Mod.70 L/A .243 and when the guy at Talley noticed I only lived about 90 miles away from their plant, he told me if I would ride up there, he WOULD make it work. Turned out what I needed was an extended ring and for it to be tweaked a little, which he did for me while I waited and gave me the ring. Also Ruger has, and continues to give exceptional c/s but I've noticed that the outfit (Service Group Inc.) that they use for their technical help lines is not as efficient and knowledgable of the product line as when you used to just talk to an in-house Ruger employee.

J
JSH Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
In my experience:
Good
-RCBS (send me parts free even when I tell them it was my fault)
-Redding (See above)
-Leupold (Clean and service old scopes quickly)
-Burris (See above)
-Springfield Armory (Completely fixed and improved a 1911 in 10 days)
-Midway (refunded me full purchase price on mil-surp ammo that wouldn't consistently fire and told me to keep the ammo anyway)

Ok
-Ruger (a 77 scope ring cracked with no abuse. A closeup photo was not good enough. "Send it to us at your cost for evaluation and we might replace it". They did but made me feel like they were doing me a favor. Did the same to my Dad on a new SP101 with a barrel that had terrible rifling)

Poor
-Lyman (A mold that dropped .004 undersize was "within our specs and should work fine". It doesn't of course unless you like extreme leading and poor accuracy)

A lot can be said not just by what they do but how they go about it. Ruger replaced my rings but made me feel like it was a big inconvenience and it was probably my fault. Springfield Armory asked me for a list of the things that weren't right with a 1911 and fixed them all quickly with no questions asked.

Last edited by JSH; 07/25/14.
IC B3

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Worst customer service I've had in a long time was from Seiko on a watch that was defective from the get go.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Leupold and RCBS for the best.

All the others are way behind.

Steve

N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
Zeiss-USA. I called for some replacement eye cups and rain guard for my [discontinued in 2004] 7x42 B/GA Classic binocular. I was asked for my name and mailing address. When I began: "My credit card number . . . ", I was told there would be no charge - that is, no cost for the rubber and no cost for shipping.

Move over RCBS.

In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act. George Orwell
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
My experience.

Good

Cabelas
Ruger
S&W
Remington
RCBS
Hornady
Talley
Leupold
Burris

Bad

Conduct is the best proof of character.
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Montana Gun Slings and Davis Tent and Awning are awesome!

For even when we were with you, we gave you this rule: "If a man will not work, he shall not eat."

2 Thessalonians 3:10
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Steiner

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
American Airlines got me back from Syracuse to Chiraq last Xmas time after spending over an hour with the c/s getting me on flights after my original flight was canceled. Lesson learned. Don't fly through Chiraq and pay a little more on Delta through Detroit.

Feel the Bern in your wallet.
P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P

- SCHEELS ALL SPORTS -

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Good:
Trijicon

Acceptable:
Ruger.

I own a lot of Leopold stuff, but I've never needed their customer service, which is the way I like things....

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
I
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I
A+ Gunsinternational- awesome, call up and some gent or lady will chat you up about the guns you are selling and spend any amount of time helping you figure out the sight or overcome a technical issue

F- Gunbroker- Doesn't even have a phone number for customer service...email replies are a joke...seriously, pray you never need them to resolve an issue, oh and you have to pay $15 to get an itemized invoice, otherwise they just charge you X amount and you have no idea what it's for.

The lowest possible rating for Kellam Knives. I can feel my blood pressure rise just thinking about them. I purchased a brand new knife and it arrived with a sizeable crack. I sent photos and a polite email to the company, received this response:
"It looks like this knife was in water and not taken care of. This is not a defect of workmanship.
You may still use this knife effectively and it will perform well. "
All my replys to this email were never answered so I called the company phone number and a woman answered "hello", I was like, is this the Kellam knife company "yes" after a few round of this it turns out it was the same woman who answered my email. I asked to speak to anyone else - anyone at all will do and she hung up on me. I threw the knife away.

A+++ USAA- if you qualify and aren't using them, you just have no idea what you're missing. I won't go into details so as not to make those not eligible envious.

Last edited by InternetGuru; 07/25/14.
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

605 members (10Glocks, 10ring1, 1lessdog, 12344mag, 160user, 17CalFan, 65 invisible), 2,476 guests, and 1,208 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,771
Posts18,515,618
Members74,017
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.