-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I think he should have asked her to piss on an EPT strip before he shot..

NOT!

If there is the slightest chance that someone suffers from dementia, you would be wise to let them be..

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
and yet even today, every story about this incident leads with the 'pregnant' angle, and most never mention that autopsy shows NO pregnancy.
For those that say the media has no anti gun agenda, well...........

Sam......

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I guess it matters not but getting the MSM to report that the deceased was not in fact pregnant was akin to pulling teeth.

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by GeoW
I guess it matters not but getting the MSM to report that the deceased was not in fact pregnant was akin to pulling teeth.

That would cancel out their spin on the story to further their agenda.

MSM doesn't let pesky facts get in the way of an emotional knee jerk... wink

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Great, now every gang banger in Cali will be screaming "Don't shoot, I'm pregnant!!"

--- CAUGHT IN THE CROSSFIRE --- A Magic Time To Be An Illegal In America---
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
You choose to be a thief, you choose to take the consequences. Old fellow was robbed twice, beaten, and the guy's 80-damn-years-old for crissakes. So one lying sack of chit was killed (finally) in the process this time. Would charge the other thug for the murder before fretting over how/what/when/where the homeowner shot the first thug. Where the hell are our priorities?

Golldammed motion detector lights. A guy can’t even piss off his porch in peace any more.

"Look, I want to help the helpless. It's the clueless I don't give a [bleep] about." - Dennis Miller on obamacare.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by sandcritter
You choose to be a thief, you choose to take the consequences. Old fellow was robbed twice, beaten, and the guy's 80-damn-years-old for crissakes. So one lying sack of chit was killed (finally) in the process this time. Would charge the other thug for the murder before fretting over how/what/when/where the homeowner shot the first thug. Where the hell are our priorities?

I am with you but sadly you and I are not the ones who get to make the decisions. That will be the elected or appointed folks in CA. I would not bet a used bottle cap either way on this one.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Just shoot Pops, dont talk.

Trump Won!
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
No. 2 less Obummer supporters if she was not lying.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by Calhoun
He shot her in the alley outside the house as they were running away.
He's in deep doo-doo... Can't do that in the majority of areas/states..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Was it the same family who robbed him previously I wonder?

That could have a bearing on whether he faces charges or how a court might view his actions..

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Pete E
Was it the same family who robbed him previously I wonder?

That could have a bearing on whether he faces charges or how a court might view his actions..
That probably has no legal bearing on the justification issue, thus it's possible that that information would be excluded from coming into evidence if true, i.e., the jury wouldn't hear it, if so.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
This is likely an old guy without any legal training scared and mad. His adrenaline running crazy. Ive never been 80 years old living alone ,lying on the floor with broken collar bone, hurt ,not sure how bad getting the [bleep] kicked out of me by two much younger healthier stronger people who are ransacking the only thing
I have wondering if they will find my gun and kill me or bludgeon me to death with a lamp. So i wont judge him. He was probably in a mental state for days after. Unfortunately He is probably in legal trouble both criminal and civil if he has anything at all. I could be wrong, But
I find it hard to believe their is jury that will convict him.

Life can be rough on us dreamers.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Once the perps put the man's brain into lizard mode by beating him, they gets what they Goetz.

Conrad101st
1/503 Inf., 2nd ID (90-91)
3/327 Inf., 101st ABN (91-92)
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by conrad101st
Once the perps put the man's brain into lizard mode by beating him, they gets what they Goetz.
Yes, he can certainly claim "heat of passion" as his defense, which will reduce murder to manslaughter, along with, perhaps, a suspended sentence.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Can I come in noting that our little sweetheart told just one last little lie before being departed from this plane?

Up hills slow,
Down hills fast
Tonnage first and
Safety last.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B

I remember the Goetz case from the mid 80's but do not remember the legal defense strategy taken. Is there a parallel here? Thanks.

SCI Life Member
DAV Life Member
NRA Life Member
North American Hunt Club Life Member

Your true character shows in your conduct

You cannot solve a problem at the same level of awareness that created it - Einstein
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by BlackHunter

I remember the Goetz case from the mid 80's but do not remember the legal defense strategy taken. Is there a parallel here? Thanks.
Here you go: Bernhard Goetz His defense was that he was being robbed and felt that he needed to disable all of the robbers to secure his own safety since they had implied that they were armed and that he would be seriously injured or killed if he didn't hand them his money.

Although acquitted for the shooting based on justification, he was sentenced to one year in prison (served eight months) for illegally possessing a handgun. He had applied for a permit previously after being mugged, but was turned down due to inadequate cause (in New York City, you have to be a member of the glitterati to have sufficient cause for a concealed weapon permit).

Later he was sued by the surviving mugger, who was awarded a 43 million dollar judgment.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Thank you for the information, I appreciate it.

SCI Life Member
DAV Life Member
NRA Life Member
North American Hunt Club Life Member

Your true character shows in your conduct

You cannot solve a problem at the same level of awareness that created it - Einstein
I
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

604 members (10Glocks, 222Sako, 1minute, 204guy, 10gaugeman, 1lessdog, 64 invisible), 2,236 guests, and 1,334 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,694
Posts18,494,150
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.