Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 27 of 38 1 2 25 26 27 28 29 37 38
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Ringman

Rejecting much of modern science because it conflicts with a strict literal interpretation of the Bible doesn't serve the cause of Christianity.

I doubt you are more educated than Dr. Kindell.

Is he 'another one' of your intentionally misrepresented 'experts' in this particular subject matter Ringman...?

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
GB1

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Sir Francis Crick, British scientist and Nobel Prize winning co-discoverer of the DNA double helix molecule, in his later years waxed philosophical about the origin of life.

In his book, Life Itself: Its Origin and Nature, he postulated that there had to have been original information, possibly seeded from another planet.

Now, to me, it takes more faith to believe that another planet somehow is resposible for the blueprint and execution of that plan in the creation of the Earth, than to believe Scripture. "In the beginning was the Word", is definitely original information. What's ambigious about that. It even fits Dr. Cricks hypotheses. But, it includes the acknowledgement of God and those guys just can't go there...

You gotta not want to believe in God is a big way to admit there had to have been an original plan and think somehow everything was created without a Creator.

That's a "God scotoma" or a blind spot for a Creator. If one, such as Crick seeks truth long enough, he'll evenutally encounter The Truth. Now, what he choses to do with that revelation is his choice.

I've made my choice...

DF

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by antlers
Originally Posted by BRISTECD
There is NO biological evidence, NOR archeological evidence to support the theory of evolution! NONE!

laffin'

Rejecting much of modern science because it conflicts with a strict literal interpretation of the Bible doesn't serve the cause of Christianity.

I'm not rejecting science, I'm involved in it! But I am smart enough to know if I strike out across a desert a find a pocket watch lying on the ground that it just didn't evolve there on it's own - it is evident it was purposely designed. If you have proof of evolution, I would certainly like to see it.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer
You gotta not want to believe in God is a big way to admit there had to have been an original plan and think somehow everything was created without a Creator.

Who here doesn't believe in God...?

I believe in Creation through Evolution. I believe the world and life on this earth are God's creation, and I believe that evolution was a very clever way that God used to achieve His creative objectives.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Sir Francis Crick, British scientist and Nobel Prize winning co-discoverer of the DNA double helix molecule, in his later years waxed philosophical about the origin of life.

In his book, Life Itself: Its Origin and Nature, he postulated that there had to have been original information, possibly seeded from another planet.

Yes, he did write that didn't he. And people call Christians ignorant! Professing himself to be wise, he became a fool. The argument isn't about evolution or creation, it never has been. Anyone with any intelligence at all can plainly see the purposeful design. The argument is centered around accepting or rejecting a Creator. Those who reject simply do not want to think they are accountable to anyone but their own self. Gambling with your soul is not for the faint of heart.

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

I believe in Creation through Evolution. I believe the world and life on this earth are God's creation, and I believe that evolution was a very clever way that God used to achieve His creative objectives.

My gosh man, if you believe in God, you can buy his book and read it for yourself. It tells how man came into being and it wasn't evolution.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
antlers,

Do you have a masters or above? Debate him. Let's see who misrepresents what.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
D
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Yeah, it's amazing to me now "smart people" will dance around the obvious, just to not acknowkedge God.

But, for sure, one day "every knee shall bow".

And that doesn't mean just the ones who went to church, etc, etc. Why, even the demons believe and tremble...

Wow, did you know that ole Satan himself is NOT an atheist... shocked

So, how dumb (deceived) are those claiming to be atheists and agnostics...???

DF

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
D

Hmmm.

Dunno...

DF

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

My gosh man, if you believe in God, you can buy his book and read it for yourself. It tells how man came into being and it wasn't evolution.

The Biblical account of creation was written allegorically, as are other parts of the Bible. None of that detracts from the heart of the matter though...the mission and ministry of Jesus.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Gus
seemingly, and I could be wrong on this, but we're all missing the larger point, in our own individual ways..

the question remains how did cave man come about, "invent fire-sticks" then advance to building big cities, constructing nuclear devices, and finally finding a way to escape the Earth's gravitational pull.

if those space aliens operating their bases on the dark side of the Moon are laughing at us, I look forward to the day a US Marine arrives and sticks a brown boot up their collective arses.

hopefully we have a sufficient supply of viruses on Earth to defeat any incursion by the extra-terrestrials. I think President Reagin and his wife Nancy might agree.

There isn't actually a dark side of the moon, unless you mean Pink Floyd's album. Link http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2014/06/140609122056.htm

And E.T has been to Mexico and drank the water. So bet they is immune to just about anything.

grin

Swifty
D
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
D

Yes, he did write that didn't he. And people call Christians ignorant! Professing himself to be wise, he became a fool. The argument isn't about evolution or creation, it never has been. Anyone with any intelligence at all can plainly see the purposeful design. The argument is centered around accepting or rejecting a Creator. Those who reject simply do not want to think they are accountable to anyone but their own self. Gambling with your soul is not for the faint of heart.

The bottom line, nicely summarized...

To me, I don't know how the World was created. It's above my pay grade...

One day I'll know as I am known...

In the meantime, I don't get my drawers in a wad worrying about it...

I don't feel the itch to put God in a box, understand (control) everything pertaining to Him. If anyone gets Him in their box, it isn't Him in there. He won't fit in your box, or in my box...!!

That's a major problem with religion, trying to make God fit proprietary program(s), doctrine, tradition, etc. Control can be a strong and deceptive current, pulling man down the wrong stream.

DF

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Hmmm.
Dunno...

I see you intentionally omitted this part from my quote...
I believe the world and life on this earth are God's creation, and I believe that evolution was a very clever way that God used to achieve His creative objectives.

Looks like Ringman isn't the only one here being disingenuous.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

The Biblical account of creation was written allegorically, as are other parts of the Bible. None of that detracts from the heart of the matter though...the mission and ministry of Jesus.

And you know this how? You must think that God started everything in motion, then just walked away. I find that God cares about even the birds of the field such that He knows if one falls from the sky. A God that knows the number of hairs on my head isn't interested in me? Come on, open your eyes just a wee bit and let some light in.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Come on, open your eyes just a wee bit and let some light in.

laffin'

That's rich, coming from you.

I suppose you really think Jonah spent 3 days in the belly of a whale...?
Do you not think that, also, was written allegorically...?

Some choose to live in their own little bubble of delusion and have no patience for the superstitious nonsense formally known as "open-mindedness" and using the brain and intelligence that God gave us.

<makes WTF-face>

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
I suppose you really think Jonah spent 3 days in the belly of a whale...?
Of course not! He spent those three days in the belly of a great fish God had prepared for the occasion. The Holy Spirit knows whales are mammals and not fish.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
130 years ago Darwin had only an extremely basic, elementary view of biology and of cells such that most 5th graders today would laugh at what he thought. Yet there are those today, by "faith", still clinging to his teaches on evolution even though his theory fell apart long ago. There is NO biological evidence, NOR archeological evidence to support the theory of evolution! NONE! Not even his precious finches support his theory any longer.

But Darwin's Theory plus others theory of evolution has lead to modern biology, bio-chemistry, DNA studies, etc. none of which would have happened without his work. BTW: I'm not sure his theories have been totally scrapped by any scientist.

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Actually, the bible said it was a great fish, not a whale. And YES, I do happen to believe Jonah survived three days in his belly before he was vomited out onto the ground. The story is pretty plain don't you think? If you discount the story of Jonah, what other parts of the bible are you going to throw out as untrue? If you throw out one part, you may as well throw it all out - it is foolishness to those that are perishing.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by derby_dude
130 years ago Darwin had only an extremely basic, elementary view of biology and of cells such that most 5th graders today would laugh at what he thought. Yet there are those today, by "faith", still clinging to his teaches on evolution even though his theory fell apart long ago. There is NO biological evidence, NOR archeological evidence to support the theory of evolution! NONE! Not even his precious finches support his theory any longer.

But Darwin's Theory plus others theory of evolution has lead to modern biology, bio-chemistry, DNA studies, etc. none of which would have happened without his work. BTW: I'm not sure his theories have been totally scrapped by any scientist.

They may have prompted further study, but according to Darwin himself, he would have rejected his own theory had he simply known of the Flagellum motor - a nano motor.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If you discount the story of Jonah, what other parts of the bible are you going to throw out as untrue? If you throw out one part, you may as well throw it all out...

Not so. Not so at all. Many Biblical scholars believe that the Biblical account of creation was written allegorically, as are other parts of the Bible (like the previously mentioned story of Jonah). None of that detracts from the heart of the matter though...the mission and ministry of Jesus.

Page 27 of 38 1 2 25 26 27 28 29 37 38

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

639 members (1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 160user, 10ring1, 1badf350, 007FJ, 64 invisible), 3,219 guests, and 1,353 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,372
Posts18,469,319
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.