Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Yup, that's just what we need to do, is to give police departments the vague right to torture people as they see fit- Fits right in with the constitution. And, there should be no problem since the police never abuse their authority, right?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Why call it "botched"?..
they die in the end,so they suffer a bit,what about the people they killed or raped.....

Last edited by rifle; 07/25/14.

Come on America,
Athletes and actors are not heroes, only soldiers, airmen,marines and sailors get that respect�and let's add firemen and LEO's

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
If 'they' want quicker deaths just drop the convicts off at a VA hospital.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
That would be more certain than quick. They'll die in the waiting room.

"Be sure you're right. Then go ahead." Fess Parker as Davy Crockett
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
You miss the point entirely, Royce. The argument is that the chemicals being used are increasingly hard to obtain, inefficient, possibly agonizing, and therefore may fall under the prohibited heading of "cruel."

Nighthawk and I suggest an easily obtained, highly efficient, and reputedly pleasant drug in their stead.

If you want to discuss the death penalty in general, lethal injection in particular, or whether the police have too much power, that's a different horse to flog. (The police don't do executions, btw. The prison system does.)

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

IC B2

Hotload Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by KFWA
we should let more of 'em keep their belts and shoe laces when we put them in solitary.

YES ... in fact give them a piece of rope and let the problem take care of itself.

"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much" Teddy Roosevelt
J
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
J
Reminds me of a conversation I had with an engineer that works where my wife works. He happens to be a non-Muslim from Qatar. He tell me when he was young and growing up in his homeland, when someone got caught stealing, they would chop his hand off...publicly. He said when someone was convicted of murder or rape, they held a public beheading. He claims he witnessed numerous heads rolling around on "the courthouse lawn". They didn't wait years to do it either...more like days.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by JGRaider
Reminds me of a conversation I had with an engineer that works where my wife works. He happens to be a non-Muslim from Qatar. He tell me when he was young and growing up in his homeland, when someone got caught stealing, they would chop his hand off...publicly. He said when someone was convicted of murder or rape, they held a public beheading. He claims he witnessed numerous heads rolling around on "the courthouse lawn". They didn't wait years to do it either...more like days.

Efficient, no doubt.

I sure don't advocate living under Sharia Law, but execution is execution, not some P.C. game.

DF

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
there was quite an article on this execution in today's paper locally.
It would seem he was knocked out rather quickly to the point of being brain dead, the fact the rest of his body took a little while offended the squeamish.
The daughter of one of the victims said it pretty well, this pukes death was nothing compared to what he did to my family.
I didn't know it till today, but there is a museum at florence where these things are conducted, four ropes on display used to hang various people.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
Hotload Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
An expert anesthesiologist said today that the execution did not sound botched at all. It was just a typical out come for the drug combination.

"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much" Teddy Roosevelt
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Hotload
Took 2 hours to put down a murderer in Arizona. They should do them all that way. That SOB had it coming.

Is he dead?

If so

Sounds like it worked

Snake

That which does not kill us makes us stronger

Friedrich Nietzsche
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by old_willys
He went on to say that the amount of the midazolam and hydromorphone used would quickly put the murdered in a coma and would not feel pain. He added that in the ER he has seen bodies gasp for air long after the heart has stopped and it is spinal column reflex action. It can happen well after being declared dead.

Still, there are better drugs to use. They could use midazolam (Versed) to put em' to sleep, Pavulon or Norcuron (skeletal muscle paralytics) to paralyze their muscles of respiration, and potassium chloride to stop the heart.
Which drugs are the prisons having problems acquiring...?

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Don't forget about Propofol, Michael Jackson's favorite...

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
They could probably find ample supplies of heroin or cocaine INSIDE the prison.

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
They could probably find ample supplies of heroin or cocaine INSIDE the prison.

Nah, not FDA approved...

Although known to work, just not Kosher...

DF

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
FDA approved gets me, like we need to worry about continuing health problems.

Supply has been a problem because pharmaceutical companies don't want the bad PR from the more fanatical anti-death penalty crowd. As I understand it the European manufacturers won't sell drugs to be used in an execution. I believe the drugs used in the "botched" execution are undisclosed by law for that reason.

What better than a narcotic - heroin - to fall into the arms of Morpheus forever?

The key elements in human thinking are not numbers but labels of fuzzy sets. -- L. Zadeh

Which explains a lot.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Just OD him on morphine.

Conrad101st
1/503 Inf., 2nd ID (90-91)
3/327 Inf., 101st ABN (91-92)
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by conrad101st
Just OD him on morphine.

They OD'd him on Dilaudid (they used Versed too)...took a good while evidently.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I agree. FDA approval would mean whatever they are using is not dangerous. IT'S A FRICKING EXECUTION, MORONS!

Ditto the requirement to use sterilized needles. HUH?

Gov Brewer ought to declare (by "executive action" - how's that for both a stick in the eye to Obama AND a delicious pun!) that henceforth all executions in Arizona will use narcotic overdoses.

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
An influential federal appeals court judge sitting on the 9th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals, appointed in 1985 by President Reagan... has had enough and is fed up with the current capital punishment system. Publicly saying that we should go back to the firing squad and stop trying to mask or disguise the brutal nature of capital punishment! Saying that the guillotine is another fool proof method, but doesn't think the public would be willing to go that far. But that while he supports the death penalty, we should not be using drugs meant for individuals with medical needs to carry out executions trying to make executions look serene and beautiful, like something any one of us might experience in our final moments!

Phil

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

660 members (160user, 16penny, 1936M71, 1Longbow, 10gaugemag, 71 invisible), 2,672 guests, and 1,259 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,948
Posts18,499,003
Members73,983
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.