-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 11 1 2 3 4 10 11
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
If we don't get control of our own borders.............

If we live long enough, we all have regrets. But the ones that nag at us the most are the ones in which we know we had a choice.

Doug

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

If Ebola goes airborne and slows it's lethality it won't matter what we do.

And if you think that there isn't some lunatic attempting to achieve that right at this moment then I have a bridge I can sell you.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I think I remember hearing that this outbreak has a mortality rate o 60% vs the 'normal' 90%. Along with a 2-14 day incubation period, I'd think that the outbreak burning itself out is less likely than other outbreaks.

Carpe' Scrotum
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
It's both puzzling, and not just a little troubling to read this blase, "flu kills more people each year" kinda' crap on an ongoing basis.

Reflects a STAGGERING willingness to keep one's head in the sand.

Many vets here will remember or be able to relate to just what NBC stands for, and remember their training,... I remember the sleep lost thereafter,...

It's bloody foolishness to keep dismissing this, and Birdy's post bears a re-read.

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
its pretty amazing we haven't had an epidemic since the Spanish flu.

Especially living in the age of transcontinental flight

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by crossfireoops
It's both puzzling, and not just a little troubling to read this blase, "flu kills more people each year" kinda' crap on an ongoing basis.

Many vets here will remember or be able to relate to just what NBC stands for, and remember their training,... I remember the sleep lost thereafter,...

It's bloody foolishness to keep dismissing this, and Birdy's post bears a re-read.

GTC

I don't think anyone is dismissing it.

But, we do have wetbacks coming across the border now that need not only the diseases they carry stopped, but the invasion itself stopped.

Why the very government that is charged with the task ignores it is beyond me.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I should toss in that "testing Positive" for CHAGA'S is a little different than for TB,.....

is there really some sorta' "Border Problem" ?

....hadn't noticed.

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Originally Posted by crossfireoops

GTC

I don't think anyone is dismissing it.

But, we do have wetbacks coming across the border now that need not only the diseases they carry stopped, but the invasion itself stopped.

Why the very government that is charged with the task ignores it is beyond me.

More likely to cop it from someone traveling legally via flight, they would not present symptoms until they were out in the general population.

Airborne is a terrifying thought.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by JSTUART
Originally Posted by Esox357
Hell the flu kills more people each year!!

Now try to imagine Ebola passed along like the flu.

Might be a good thing actually, get rid of a whole bunch of liberals ;o)?

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

I don't think Ebola cares how you vote.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by JSTUART

If Ebola goes airborne and slows it's lethality it won't matter what we do.

And if you think that there isn't some lunatic attempting to achieve that right at this moment then I have a bridge I can sell you.

if you think that there isn't some lunatic who has not done that I too have a bridge

Snake

That which does not kill us makes us stronger

Friedrich Nietzsche
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

You are probably right as there are an awful lot of lunatics.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The guy that had Ebola on a plane that landed in Nigeria,.....was a [b][color:#3333FF]U.S. Citizen..![/color][/b]

He Died.!

He was catching a flight for the U.S. when he collapsed in the airport.!

We're 1 International fight away from disaster....

FlaRick Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
And, you can depend on our government to do absolutely nothing to prevent this from happening.

I'm better when I move.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Nahh, Rick, they'll send beau coup money to Africa and tell it to go away. Like they do most everything else.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Old_Toot
Nahh, Rick, they'll send beau coup money to Africa and tell it to go away. Like they do most everything else.

And probably be as effective.

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
If it will cost US money, ze ro is for it.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Sierra Leone's top doctor among the victims, one US doctor and an American missionary working in health care, and "dozens" of local health workers.

http://news.yahoo.com/asky-suspends-sierra-leone-liberia-flights-amid-ebola-143119185.html

I worked in a mission hospital in Ghana. Seems like a safe assumption that the Sierra Leone doctor was taking the same precautions any other doctor would, and do not assume all those local health workers were careless or unprofessional either.

Like 'Twin says, this outbreak seems different.

The guy off of the plain in Nigeria was an economic consultant from Minnesota on his way home, name sounds like a White guy. Collapsed in the airport in Lagos? (Nigeria) My money says he already felt like crap when he got on the first plane and was trying to make it back to the US.

Birdwatcher

BIrdwatcher

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
They say it is 90% fatal. I wonder if they could find out what the 10% have that the 90% don't. Antibodies or immune system??

Black Olives Matter!!
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Ebola: 'It's close, it's at our front door'
Victim aboard international flight was headed to U.S. in August

Patrick Sawyer, the infected man who boarded an international flight last week carrying the deadly Ebola virus and set off alarms about the disease escaping Africa, was not only an American citizen but was planning to come to the U.S. in August.

�Patrick was coming here,� his wife, Decontee, told the St. Paul, Minnesota, Pioneer Press. �What if he still wasn�t displaying symptoms yet and came?�

�He could have brought Ebola here,� she said. �Someone else could bring Ebola here.�

Decontee Sawyer of Coon Rapids, Minnesota, says she is coming forward about her husband�s infection and subsequent death from the disease to highlight the threat of Ebola coming to the U.S.

�It�s a global problem, because Patrick could�ve easily come home with Ebola,� Decontee told KSTP-TV in Minneapolis. �Easy. Easy. It�s close, it�s at our front door. It knocked down my front door.�

Read more at http://www.wnd.com/2014/07/ebola-its-close-its-at-our-front-door/#dYRrGsWqsoh6uKW6.99

[Linked Image]

It seems that one five lettered African import or the other is going to destroy us.

Page 2 of 11 1 2 3 4 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

573 members (1minute, 1badf350, 17CalFan, 204guy, 1936M71, 71 invisible), 2,337 guests, and 1,357 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,684
Posts18,493,949
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.