Print Thread
Hop To
Page 12 of 15 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 15
G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
I've always thought we had ET, supernatural, cosmic influences on our human advancement down here on Earth. from cave man, to traveling hunters, to agricultural advancements, to small towns, large cities, and the technological advancements.

we've had an outside source of help.

did we evolve from gold-digging slaves to post-modern era space travelers? if so, just how, pray tell?

getting a breeding population of humans off the Earth and settled on a new Planet is a very important objective. I'm pretty sure the High Priests at NASA are working on the challenge.

Great Teachers such as Buddha, Jesus, Mohammed, Lord Ganesha have incarnated for our human benefit.

but, so far no one has chosen to attempt to define the Human Species. at this point it remains indefinable.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
I could lay the skulls out on the table in front of you, and still you would deny the evidence.

I would not deny the existence of any real skulls. However, those you mention would hardly provide any solid "evidence" rearding your sweeping contentions - so, no evidence to deny.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
It's no substitue to holding the real thing, but:

[Linked Image]

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by derby_dude
Originally Posted by oldtrapper
I could put the skulls of modern folks in front of you and you would see the variation is astounding. I have done cephalometric measurements on thousands. Most of the skulls, to which you allude, are little more than the extrapolation of a molar or bone fragment. Did you intend to include the Piltdown skull? ;-{>8

AS, seldom have I seen a man so devoted to his faith as you.

Sort of like a Christian huh?

Yup, only different.

https://postimg.cc/xXjW1cqx/81efa4c5

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Soli Deo Gloria

democrats ARE the plague.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
I could put the skulls of modern folks in front of you and you would see the variation is astounding. I have done cephalometric measurements on thousands. Most of the skulls, to which you allude, are little more than the extrapolation of a molar or bone fragment. Did you intend to include the Piltdown skull? ;-{>8

So, you are telling me I haven't held 20-30 different exemplars of pre-homosapien skulls?

I am sure you believe you have.

Soli Deo Gloria

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by derby_dude

Sort of like a Christian huh?

Yup, only different.

Nothing different at all the same thing. Faith is faith. Or, superstition is superstition.

Last edited by derby_dude; 08/01/14.

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A

Truth does not demand belief. Scientists do not join hands every Sunday, singing, yes, gravity is real! I will have faith! I will be strong! I believe in my heart that what goes up, up, up must come down, down. down. Amen! If they did, we would think they were pretty insecure about it. Dan Barker.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O

Truth does not demand belief. Scientists do not join hands every Sunday, singing, yes, gravity is real! I will have faith! I will be strong! I believe in my heart that what goes up, up, up must come down, down. down. Amen! If they did, we would think they were pretty insecure about it. Dan Barker.

Then they must be pretty insecure about the things they sing loudest about, eh?

Soli Deo Gloria

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A

Who gathers on Sunday to sing Hymms?
Not Scientist.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I went to high school with a kid who probably had a skull like"C" or �D�. His nick name was �Hogjaws�. There is a guy who fights in the UFC who looks like the photos of Neanderthals. What does that prove? There are modern folks walking around with some unusual features. These evidences are evidence someone found some skulls or made up some skulls from a few fragments. They don�t prove anything.

Not Scientist.

Some certainly do!

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Not Scientist.

smile smile smile

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O

Not Scientist.

Nope, their true believers rant all week long on the net. Need Sabbath rest.

;-{>8

Soli Deo Gloria

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Evidence vs Faith.

If you have something to add in the way of evidence, I'm all ears.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Anyone who BELIEVES there is no God, is atheist.
Anyone who doesn't believe in a God, but isn't sure, is agnostic.

I'm okay with most agnostics. The atheists, I loathe. They are just as far gone as the craziest holy rollers.

Last edited by Dave_Skinner; 08/01/14.

Up hills slow,
Down hills fast
Tonnage first and
Safety last.
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Originally Posted by xxclaro
I find faith to be a bit confusing. Not faith itself, exactly, but why it is perceived as such a desirable trait. Why is it so noble and laudable to have faith? In almost all other area's of life, we encourage critical thinking and rationale, but when it comes to religion it's suddenly preferable to have faith. We see even here on this forum that many consider those who have faith to be superior to those who do not. Why is that? What makes it such a desirable characteristic to be able to believe very strongly in something you can't prove one way or the other? I'm not in any way trying to put down people who have faith, it simply something that I can't quite get a grasp on. If I think about it rationally from a human standpoint, it seems to me to be a tool that would be used in an attempt to control people, by painting those with faith as good people and those without as bad.

xxclaro

I have not read anything past this point in the thread so surely someone else has answered this by now. But here is a stab at it.

Let's say that you were wrongly accused of a heinous crime. There were only two people involved in the crime, the perp and the victim. And you have no evidence to prove your innocence. There is circumstantial evidence to implicate you, however. Just play along for the sake of argument.

As the weeks before the trial mounted, you began to notice that some of your friends and even family members were distancing themselves from you. But there were a few souls that stood by your side through it all. They never wavered in their belief that you were innocent. They had no proof of innocence, just their faith in you.

At the trial it was proven by DNA evidence (or by whatever means) that you could not have committed the crime. Some of those who doubted you came back and offered their congratulations. Those who stood by you throughout it all never left your side. Now, tell me, how much value would you place on their faith in you?

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Landrum,

Fun illustration.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Evidence vs Faith.

If you have something to add in the way of evidence, I'm all ears.

I am only trying to point out that there is faith on both sides of this discussion. I actually find it amusing that people can be so smug about what they know, and can't create one hydrogen ion or one photon from nothing. I doubt consciousness will ever be explained let alone produced. I further find it astounding that though the greatest scientific minds and labs cannot produce anything reasonably called life, we are to believe that chemicals organized themselves to such a level. I just can't believe there is not an entity bigger than we. Where did the rules of the universe come from?

The prime motivator, IMO for the denial of God is not lack of evidence or rational basis for such belief, but the need to be at the head of the god chain. Eat of one of a myriad of fruits and you to shall be as God.

Soli Deo Gloria

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
You explain a mystery by invoking a larger mystery.

You claim we are so complex that we need a creator, but how complex must be the mind you claim that created us? How complex would be the creator of this mind of even greater complexity.

Your God of the gaps explains nothing, and just creates an endless unexplained regression.

Your personal incredulity is not evidence of a creator. It's just evidence of your inability to scale and scope of what we are discussing.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Did you call yourself into existence?

Can you perpetuate yourself eternally (if that is even a concept anyone can truly understand)?

There is something bigger than you. Why deny it?

The God who created us is beyond your comprehension and by his own accounting, outside the realm of time. How big is that?

My God is not of gaps but of totality, which is beyond even you in every way. Why deny it?

If it is not evidence of being beyond your personal scale and scope, the world awaits your omniscience. Just saying.

So, how do you make an electron from nothing, including the laws of the universe?

Soli Deo Gloria

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by isaac
So a god that punishes the ignorant is worthy of worship?
============

No, He's not.

I expect most will not understand this but I'll take a stab counselor: your implied premise that "this ignorance" is innocent is wrong, and thus so is your conclusion.

Page 12 of 15 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 15

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

610 members (160user, 12344mag, 1eyedmule, 1234, 1badf350, 1beaver_shooter, 68 invisible), 2,079 guests, and 1,204 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,831
Posts18,496,693
Members73,979
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.