Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Well I did a quick search and found this place... L&K Scope Repair. Don't know much about them personally, but they seem to work on a lot of different types of scopes. Hope it helps.

Mauser Rescue Society
Founder, President, and Chairman

I don't always shoot Mausers, but when I do...I prefer VZ-24s.

jdi do píči
GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
[quote=LIV2HUNT]This isn't a Nightforce bashing session!!![/quote

Isn't it always this way?
Anytime you put anything about a company in any forum it always turns into a peeing contest about good vs. evil.

I'm shoot4fun on Accurate Shooter Forum and you can see my feedback there.
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
I have a scope back at Zeiss right now. I wish they would offer me a refund or money off a new scope...so I could sell it and get some money back. Sticking my money back into more Nightforce.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by shoots4fun
[quote=LIV2HUNT]This isn't a Nightforce bashing session!!![/quote

Isn't it always this way?
Anytime you put anything about a company in any forum it always turns into a peeing contest about good vs. evil.

ain't it the truth! and I am guilty myself! You could have a gold plated personal invitation to Heaven signed by St. Peter himself and you posted that here on the fire and someone (blogging from hell) would comment "yea I had one of those, and it didn't work" smile

Last edited by jimmyp; 07/01/14.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Take_a_knee
Originally Posted by LIV2HUNT
I found out from Nightforce (who has the scope at this time) that the first runs have only a 2 year warranty!!

I'm sure Leupold, SWFA, and Bushnell are lovin' this. No Nightforce for me.

Nothing touches Leupold vortex or SWFA CS in my experience.

https://thehandloadinglog.wordpress.com
μολὼν λαβέ

"Weatherby was too long so I nicknamed it "Bee""
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Fotis
Originally Posted by Take_a_knee
I found out from Nightforce (who has the scope at this time) that the first runs have only a 2 year warranty!!

I'm sure Leupold, SWFA, and Bushnell are lovin' this. No Nightforce for me.

Nothing touches Leupold vortex or SWFA CS in my experience.

No doubt - thats what happens when you have so many issues with those scopes-they get used to fixin schit!!

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Nothing like a great warranty when you are standing around at the range, pulling dick because your scope took another dive.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by dogcatcher223
Nothing like a great warranty when you are standing around at the range, pulling dick because your scope took another dive.

As was the case with a Zeiss Conquest 3.5-14x50, and a SwaroA (Z3) I had.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
I am beginning to wonder how many issues Night Force has. The "beast" report from Boxer with another loose ocular gets me to wondering what type of failure rate they have.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by jimmyp
I am beginning to wonder how many issues Night Force has. The "beast" report from Boxer with another loose ocular gets me to wondering what type of failure rate they have.

Link?

IC B3

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by JGRaider

As was the case with a Zeiss Conquest 3.5-14x50, and a SwaroA (Z3) I had.

Been there with two Zeiss...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

YUP!

https://thehandloadinglog.wordpress.com
μολὼν λαβέ

"Weatherby was too long so I nicknamed it "Bee""
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Jordan Smith

Link?

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbth...14787/all/Reasons_to_pick_a_223_over_a_2

on page 8 I think.

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F

As I posted in that thread, he didn't have a failure. He's referring to the fact the the power adjustment ring is the entire ocular. That has been a request of certain military organizations.

As for the failure rate of Nightforce scopes (a failure being a mechanical problem, zero retention, tracking, etc) NF actually keeps up with this and it is 0.35% failure rate for the NXS series. There are places in the military that tracks this and NF scopes have the lowest failure rate (less than 1%) over the last 13 years of war than any other issued optic.

In the upper level military sniping community the reputation of NF optics with regards to durability and tracking is unparalleled. They fell out of favor in some circles because of lack of power and features for a while, however that's over.

Myself and a lot of dudes I have worked with and know chose to use the NF F1's instead of the issued S&B's.

I'm dang sure not a fan boy of any manufacturer. However the number one requirement of a scope is to maintain zero no matter what and number two is to adjust correctly and consistently every time. Having had multiple issued SWS optic failures and seeing a BUNCH more happen to others, those two items are just about the only things I really care about. Every mechanical thing has the potential to fail, including a NF NXS, however with every other scope from $6,000 Hensoldt's and S&B's, to every issued variable powered Leupold, if it's on my gun I'm waiting for it to fail. Because it will. Except NF. When there is a Nightforce NXS mounted on my gun I don't worry about it.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Jordan Smith

Link?

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbth...14787/all/Reasons_to_pick_a_223_over_a_2

on page 8 I think.

Thanks!

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by Formidilosus

As I posted in that thread, he didn't have a failure. He's referring to the fact the the power adjustment ring is the entire ocular. That has been a request of certain military organizations.

As for the failure rate of Nightforce scopes (a failure being a mechanical problem, zero retention, tracking, etc) NF actually keeps up with this and it is 0.35% failure rate for the NXS series. There are places in the military that tracks this and NF scopes have the lowest failure rate (less than 1%) over the last 13 years of war than any other issued optic.

In the upper level military sniping community the reputation of NF optics with regards to durability and tracking is unparalleled. They fell out of favor in some circles because of lack of power and features for a while, however that's over.

Myself and a lot of dudes I have worked with and know chose to use the NF F1's instead of the issued S&B's.

I'm dang sure not a fan boy of any manufacturer. However the number one requirement of a scope is to maintain zero no matter what and number two is to adjust correctly and consistently every time. Having had multiple issued SWS optic failures and seeing a BUNCH more happen to others, those two items are just about the only things I really care about. Every mechanical thing has the potential to fail, including a NF NXS, however with every other scope from $6,000 Hensoldt's and S&B's, to every issued variable powered Leupold, if it's on my gun I'm waiting for it to fail. Because it will. Except NF. When there is a Nightforce NXS mounted on my gun I don't worry about it.

F-,

One of the most intelligent and informative posts in a long time. Thanks for taking time to share.

I lent a NXS to a soldier about to deploy when his Mk IV was issued to him broken. While he was deployed, he was in a humvee that flipped over from an IED and he landed on his rifle. The force of being thrown against his rifle bent it. After his recovery time, he put the NF on his new rifle and it was still working fine and good to go. When he made it back stateside, he came back and bought it from me he was so impressed.

That pretty well sold me on the NF durability and reliability.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
There is just no excuse to put chit glass in any optical instrument, especially an expensive optical instrument.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Formidilosus

Rotflmao!

That's one issue with Nightforce I hate. If you have a flip up scope cap, you can't really use it. If you want to adjust the power setting, you have to rotate the entire eyepiece with the open scope cap on it. It usually hits your bolt, interferes with the bolts operation or hits the stock. Stupid [bleep] design

Now even more information in this thread that mirrors the experiences of a few of my shooting buddies in regards to worthless customer service from Nightforce

Strange how the Leupolds On my rifles keep racking up wins in major and regional matches, dead animals and shooting tiny groups. I'm also certain they will be backed up with the best warranty and guarantee possible, forever.

Amazing that Nightforce won't repair their own product even if you have to Pay them!

Originally Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
L
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
L
Got the Nightforce scope back and it's repaired!!!

Entire Ocular is tight with zero wobble.

No bill etc.

Kudos to Nightforce.

Rob

"If it doesn't matter who wins or loses, then why do they keep score?"
Vince Lombardi
J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
Got the Nightforce scope back and it's repaired!!!

Entire Ocular is tight with zero wobble.

No bill etc.

Kudos to Nightforce.

Rob

Amen grin

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

602 members (12344mag, 160user, 1Longbow, 10gaugemag, 1936M71, 007FJ, 73 invisible), 2,325 guests, and 1,426 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,678
Posts18,493,839
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.