Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Bluedreaux
We were shooting some drills today and I offered for guys to shoot my 16" mid-length back to back with their carbines. The constant response was "So that's what it's supposed to feel like!".

16" Mid-Length
Rifle buffer (A5H3)
15" rail
It has a 1" Battlecomp, but in my experience it didn't have any impact on this drill over a standard A2 FH.

I ended up having to just leave it with the group and get it back from them later. My "properly built AR disciples" keep growing in number.

We got to win them over one 16" mid length at a time.

kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by rost495

You are long tube gassing them?

I'm not sure I'm following you Jeff. We're probably thinking the same thing, just different terminology. What do you mean "long tube"?

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by kwg020
We were shooting some drills today and I offered for guys to shoot my 16" mid-length back to back with their carbines. The constant response was "So that's what it's supposed to feel like!".

16" Mid-Length
Rifle buffer (A5H3)
15" rail
It has a 1" Battlecomp, but in my experience it didn't have any impact on this drill over a standard A2 FH.

I ended up having to just leave it with the group and get it back from them later. My "properly built AR disciples" keep growing in number.

We got to win them over one 16" mid length at a time.

kwg

And "properly built" mids too. This one started life as a mid-length and is now a completely different rifle than it was when I took it out of the box.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Is there really anything that hasn't been done with an AR? They're like a big boy's Lego set. If I were to start an AR company it wouldn't be to make the same thing that 20 other companies are making with a different widget on it! Someone really needs to update the AR platform into something different. Design an AR for the 308 class of cartridge that is on a smaller frame than the AR10 and you would have something.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by reelman
Is there really anything that hasn't been done with an AR? They're like a big boy's Lego set. If I were to start an AR company it wouldn't be to make the same thing that 20 other companies are making with a different widget on it! Someone really needs to update the AR platform into something different. Design an AR for the 308 class of cartridge that is on a smaller frame than the AR10 and you would have something.

dmps gen 2, but skip the dual ejectors. as long as my brass exits the gun thats all I need I don't need to fling brass 50 feet.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter

Calling parts of the gun that make it run correctly and make it easier to hit with "widgets" highlights the problem with ARs today. There's a huge amount of misinformation and misconception about what makes them work.

I cringe when I hear folks call them Legos.

T
TWR Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
There are folks who get it and some that refuse to get it.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R

Calling parts of the gun that make it run correctly and make it easier to hit with "widgets" highlights the problem with ARs today. There's a huge amount of misinformation and misconception about what makes them work.

I cringe when I hear folks call them Legos.

How about Erector Set? LOL!

C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
What models would you offer?

Bluedreaux's ARs....
They'd all have Magpul enhanced trigger guards - Properly ported barrels - Properly tested, springed and staked BCGs, Springco buffer springs and H2 buffers, Magpul MOE-K grips

Trigger options would include a CMC 3.5 / 4.5 single stage or G2S or SSA-E two stage.

I'd make 1" Battlecomp brakes an option as well as Streamlight TLR1s and Wyoming Arms Fenix lights.

Model 1
16" mid-length CL barrel
Fixed front sight post
Fixed rear sight
Magpul handguard - B5 stock

Model 2
16" mid-length CL barrel
15" free float tube rail
Fixed sights or Magpul folding sights
B5 stock

Model 3
17" rifle gas SS barrel
Adjustable gas block
VLTOR A5
15" free floating rail
SF or Lantac brake

I would make sure I could get barrels first before even getting a business licensee.
lots of new businesses in the last 4-6 years, not lots of new barrel makers.
I

"I threw a touchdown pass in the last minute to win the state championship game. I know it was 30 years ago and not relevant to this discussion but it makes me important and believable, it's the only great thing I even accomplished"
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I'd like to see a shift in another direction. The Mall Ninja Crowd is well covered,with many Makers.

I'd like to see a '15 based platform with a modest redesign,that would facillitate greater COAL. 2.500" would be a breeze and it would be far from daunting to incorporate a system,in which Mall Ninjas could fall back on burping Steel Woof.

Everything else is readily available,but noone thinks bullets................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Big Stick
I'd like to see a shift in another direction. The Mall Ninja Crowd is well covered,with many Makers.

I'd like to see a '15 based platform with a modest redesign,that would facillitate greater COAL. 2.500" would be a breeze and it would be far from daunting to incorporate a system,in which Mall Ninjas could fall back on burping Steel Woof.

I'm not familiar with the 7.62x39 lower. Would it not be slightly longer/larger? I agree, a lower with slightly more length would add a new dimension to the platform. kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
T
TWR Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Olympic builds a longer 15 and chambers it in 22-250, if you can stomach oly.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by kwg020
Originally Posted by Big Stick

I'm not familiar with the 7.62x39 lower. Would it not be slightly longer/larger? I agree, a lower with slightly more length would add a new dimension to the platform. kwg

Same/same.............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by TWR
Olympic builds a longer 15 and chambers it in 22-250, if you can stomach oly.

Had them on the horn after inception and while the premise was sound,they dropped the ball in COAL latitude...despite designing a proprietary mag.

It's max COAL places 75A-Max ogives wellllll below the case mouth and for only 100 clams a pop.................(hint)

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
A custom lower with proprietary mags for more COAL in a .223 based cartridge would sell < 500 units. Worldwide. Ever.

Lots of guys will talk about how great an idea it is and how they'll "definitely get one" and when they hit the market those same people will look at their stack of $8 PMags and their bolt gun that's already set up for proper COAL and never actually buy the new wonder-lower.

BS can proclaim the world full of idiots who won't take a hint, but that won't change the fact that a proprietary lower just wouldn't sell.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
A Texan with a Tom Cruise avatar,fretting Reality.

Oh my...you've really got your ear in tune.....................

T
TWR Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
How long was the OAL allowed with the old VLD mags?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I can't recall and it was a step in a very right direction.

Would be no thing to massage a magwell and magazines,to yield 2.500" and then Window Lickers could still lick windows.

It's the single biggest hurdle in the AR-titude,as projectile selection has wayyyyyyy over stepped it's MilSpec confines................

T
TWR Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
I agree, it's all the AR needs that I can see.

Magpul is clearly missing the boat here, somebody needs to start making them again.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I don't know who Tom Cruise is or what having my picture as an avatar has to do with anything.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

226 members (2500HD, 12344mag, 22kHornet, 160user, 10Glocks, 22 invisible), 1,627 guests, and 1,059 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,759
Posts18,476,448
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.