Print Thread
Hop To
S
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
S
Out of Lander, Wyoming

Outstanding customer service. Saw them today for the first time at the Houston Hunters Extraveganza. Any comments, reviews, etc. I thought the clarity and quality were exceptional.

Lifetime, no questions asked warranty. Custimization options.

What's not to like?

http://mavenbuilt.com

GB1

djp Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Maybe the price? They might be awesome, but the price seems pretty steep for something competing with Zen-Ray or Vanguard. And I'm not putting down any of them with that comparison. Just seems more realistic than Zeiss Conquest, Swaro CL, or even Vortex Razor.

T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
Any more info on this company?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You saw them for the first time today and have already formed an opinion on their customer service? laugh

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Maven is a new company selling optics, mostly former
employees of Brunton, who is discontinuing their
optics business.

I talked to one of their managers, and their business model
is selling direct, and offering customization.

IC B2

T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
So that brings up the question of how good are Brunton optics? I have never looked at any are they any good?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
tbc22,

When I had a Minox 13X56 I purchased a Bruton 15X binocular. If I didn't have the Minox to compare it to, I would have thought it was good enough. I guess for the money they are fine.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
Any other thoughts?

T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
Just a quick update, I pulled the trigger and bought a 10X42 binocular from Maven. So far I really like it the optics are crystal clear and the unit feels well built. I borrowed some Zeiss victory 10x42's and a Vortex viper HD 10x42 from two of my friends and compared them.

While I'm no expert per say, I could not find a hoot of difference between the Zeiss and the Maven. There was a big difference between the Maven and the Viper. The Maven's were "more" clear. The Vipers also appeared to not transmit the true color of the objects.

What I like about them:
Clear
well built
rubber armor is grippy and thick
easy focus

Dislike:
eye cups
-they telescope in and out as you rotate them but they move to easy. I find I'm constantly adjusting one or the other.

It would be nice if someone with more brains than me could test these in a more scientific way.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
tcb:

I may ask, what was your reason for purchasing a Maven binocular?

I have checked them out, and I see they are available in many trim colors, to coordinate with your outfit.

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

I liked the beer mugs..... now that's customer service.

http://mavenbuilt.myshopify.com/collections/gear/products/kanpai-beer-mug

"Any one who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him, better take a closer look at the American Indian."
- Henry Ford
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
How do you know their customer service is outstanding if you just saw them for the first time?

Nowhere could I see where they're made so I must assume China or some other Asian country. I highly doubt that thye are actually making anything instead of just selling something someone else makes. The lifetime warranty is only as good as the company itself, when this company goes out of business there goes your warranty! IMHO there are plenty of reputable companies making optics in this price range that I wouldn't risk going with a no name company.

M
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
M
In the OUTDOOR LIFE review it says the lenses are made in Japan, and the binoculars built on the same chassis as the discontinued Brunton Epoch, which was also built in Japan.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
We used to make and shoot with the optics and guns we made ourselves right here in the United States of America.

We are close to the Lyman family where they made optics and loading tools for a long time.

The Lyman's built a rifle range there and it was free for all to use for a very long time.

Lyman factory Middlefield, CT

T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
Farmboy1,
I went with them because I wanted a nice optics at a price I could afford. They said if I didn't like them, send them back for a refund. So I figured why not, if I had the coin I might have bought a binocular from Zeiss. As for color just grey and black nothing fancy.

reelman,
They are made in Japan

Savage 99
very true and now we buy from almost everywhere else. Cool link by the way

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Yeah, they are Japanese. By none less than Kamakura, one of the truly premiere Japanese optical firms.

Jerry, some people like to buy new stuff. How is it you aren't farming still with horses?

Like what you see as perceived safety, stick with what you consider acceptable brands. Pretty simple.

BTW, here is the link to the Outdoor Life piece Mule Deer referenced a couple of posts up.

http://www.outdoorlife.com/blogs/hu...n-offers-totally-customizable-binoculars

Last edited by SteveC99; 02/10/15.

Steve

Theodore Roosevelt: "Do what you can where you are with what you have"

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

585 members (1badf350, 1lesfox, 12344mag, 222Sako, 10gaugemag, 160user, 65 invisible), 2,633 guests, and 1,224 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,927
Posts18,498,596
Members73,983
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.