-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
42% x 675,000 (barrels per year) = 283,500 x $75 (dollars per barrel) = $21,262,500 (per year in oil revenue)

$725,000,000 / $21,262,500 = 34.09

Heck the oil alone will pay for the place in 35 years, and just think of all the other advantages.

Always have a new place to hunt... every day for the rest of your life! grin

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21
GB1

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
This sale has been brewing for a LONG time. At one time the two families had offices in the same building. They refused to talk to each other and would only communicate via FedEx envelopes sent from one end of the building to the other. They deserve whatever hell they end up in for potentially destroying such a piece of property. Ego is a destroyer of worlds.

The King Ranch family has kept it together by having hired professional management run the operating company and everyone gets disbursments. At least as I understand it, business/money decisions get made rationally and family issues stay in the background as stock holders in the operating company.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
I drive through the Waggoner going to Seymour, where my parents were raised. The only reason that land is worth that much per acre is the oil. It is rough, hard scrabble country. Lots of game out there though, deer, hogs, javalinas. Red dirt, mesas, and lots of juniper. Beautiful, but rough. There is a reason they used helicopters for round up.

Really a shame they can't come together and keep the family legacy going there. That is the way a lot of those deals go after several generations though.

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O

One man with courage makes a majority....

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
I have been in and around it too. A rough piece of turf. One hell of a horse program.

One man with courage makes a majority....

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
How big is the 6666 ranch? I know driving past it on Hwy 114 it seems like you see their fences for a half hour, or longer.

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

J
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by rem141r
if i put 20% down, whats my payment on a 3.5% 30 year fixed? and will the seller pay the points?

and does anyone know where i can get 350000000 NO Trespassing signs?

Since you asked - $2,604,459.19/mo (plus taxes and insurance) grin

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Originally Posted by tex_n_cal
How big is the 6666 ranch? I know driving past it on Hwy 114 it seems like you see their fences for a half hour, or longer.

It's 275,000 acres.
The Dime Box ranch out there on 114 has gotta be huge too.
If I remember right I reset my trip odometer when I hit the headquarters sign headed west to Lubbock and passed the other end of it 26 miles later ?

Your mind is your primary weapon. Never let it get rusty.

Endowment Member NRA
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I'm waitin' for either Mustang Ranch or Bunny Range to hit the market. I've always wanted to raise me a stable of fillies.

�If tyranny and oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy.�
***US President James Madison***
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by HTDUCK
Originally Posted by tex_n_cal

It's 275,000 acres.
The Dime Box ranch out there on 114 has gotta be huge too.
If I remember right I reset my trip odometer when I hit the headquarters sign headed west to Lubbock and passed the other end of it 26 miles later ?

Theres some big chunks of land around this state. The Rocker B north of Big Lake is 28x18 miles. All land and minerals donated to Scottish Rite Hospital. Ive been out there working and all the well names are the "SRH ####"

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I remember Texas Tech has a Ranching Heritage Museum, that I visited as a boy. In the museum was a pretty nice windmill (possibly from the Four 6's). The guides told us the ranch donated it to the museum, because one of the grand old ladies of the ranch insisted on climbing the windmill every day to oil the gears, and her family was afraid she'd fall off it someday smile

IIRC the Four 6's got its name, because it was won in a card game?

All of that Texas ranching country was settled by some optimistic, hardworking people. Most of the land really isn't easy to work or ranch. They left interesting stories behind them. The ones that were lucky & hardworking enough to hold land long enough for the oil booms to hit then acquired a lot of money, and eventually influence.

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Not to mention it was Comanche country.

"Be sure you're right. Then go ahead." Fess Parker as Davy Crockett
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
The YO Ranch used to be as big as the Waggoner place.

The Legend

Land leaves its imprints upon the people who care for it, manage it, live on it and love it, just as surely as these people leave their mark on the land. Nowhere can this be seen more clearly than deep in the tree-studded, canyon-broken heart of the Texas Hill Country where the Y.O. Ranch has permanently branded six generations of the Schreiner family and those same hard-working folks have left their indelible prints on the Y.O.

This legendary ranch sprang from a young man�s dream and his single-minded determination. In 1852, at the age of 14, Charles A. Schreiner became the man of the family. At 18, he staked his first claim in the rugged country that had claimed his heart. In the Civil War�s aftermath, Captain Schreiner, using rangy Texas Longhorns as a foundation, began amassing an empire that included banks, retail stores and 566,000 acres of ranchland. In 1914, he chose to divide his holdings among his eight children.

In the division, his youngest son, Walter received 69,000 acres located 40 miles west of Kerrville. The Y.O. had been owned by the Schreiner family since 1880 when Captain Schreiner purchased the land, the cattle and the Y.O. brand they wore on their ribs. With the ranch came the responsibility of the Schreiner legacy.

Walter embraced his heritage, capably managing the ranch through the tumult of World War I, the Roaring 20s, and the onset of the Great Depression. Upon his death in 1933, his wife Myrtle, with her young son, Charlie III, by her side took up the Schreiner mantle of stewardship. She learned the ranching business quickly,

earning a reputation as a savvy businesswoman. In fact, she was the first Texas rancher to lease land for hunting, a practice that diversified the income of ranches across the state. Diversification helped the traditional ranch survive the drought that ravaged Texas for seven years in the 1950s.

When Charlie III took the reins in the early 1950s, he reached back into history to further diversify the ranch by establishing a registry for Texas Longhorns and bringing the legendary breed back from the brink of extinction. He also introduced exotic wildlife to the Y.O., proving that the animals could thrive outside their native homelands and creating another lucrative enterprise for Texas� landowners.

Louie Schreiner assumed the helm of the Y.O. in the late 1980s, earning it the reputation, world-wide, as �America�s Original Game Ranch.��

Today, the visionary, entrepreneurial spirit that shaped this land is still evident. The current generation � all *19 family members led by Managing Partner Charlie IV � is setting new standards in recreation, outdoor adventure and hospitality. The Y.O. Ranch is their home and they proudly share their legacy with the world.

*Charles Schreiner IV and his wife Mary Helen, their daughters Tiffany Schreiner, her daughter Harper Schreiner, Tessa and Tyndal; Walter Schreiner and his wife Teri, their daughters Catherine, Aimee and son Tres; Gus Schreiner and his wife Lori, their daughters Audrey and Gazelle; Chrisie Schreiner and her sons Griffin, Bobby and Luke.

Sadly, now the remaining remnants of the ranch are for sale as well.

29,000 acres is all there is left of it.

$85 million.

http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/lo...lion-Storied-exotic-YO-Ranch-4753396.php

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
To put it in perspective,725,000,000 in 100 dollar bills would make a stack over 800 yards tall!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Q Creek Ranch in Wyoming is 540,000 contiguous acres...

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

[Linked Image]
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
I'd love to get in on owning that. Life would be fun, at least.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
I'll take it!

PM me.

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by WyColoCowboy
Q Creek Ranch in Wyoming is 540,000 contiguous acres...

When I worked on the Bolton, it was the biggest contiguous in WYO.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Did you see they are building a massive wind farm out on the Bolton?

[Linked Image]

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

[Linked Image]
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
haven't been back since the 80's.....

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

574 members (1beaver_shooter, 16penny, 17CalFan, 160user, 1badf350, 1234, 49 invisible), 2,440 guests, and 1,347 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,643
Posts18,474,514
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.