Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
I was curious so I did some research today.

This following is not mine I borrowed it.

"A person who is batshit crazy is certifiably nuts. The phrase has origins in the old fashioned term "bats in the belfry." Old churches had a structure at the top called a belfry, which housed the bells. Bats are extremely sensitive to sound and would never inhabit a belfry of an active church where the bell was rung frequently. Occasionally, when a church was abandoned and many years passed without the bell being rung, bats would eventually come and inhabit the belfry. So, when somebody said that an individual had "bats in the belfry" it meant that there was "nothing going on upstairs" (as in that person's brain). To be BATSHIT CRAZY is to take this even a step further. A person who is batshit crazy is so nuts that not only is their belfry full of bats, but so many bats have been there for so long that the belfry is coated in batshit. Hence, the craziest of crazy people are BATSHIT CRAZY"

Sounds about right for the resident Demotards that like to raise a ruckus here.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Huh.

I heard that the term came from spelunkers (cavers) who often have to wade through deep piles of bat guano, and bat guano has pathogens in it that when inhaled, induces mental instability. I heard this back in the early 70's.

That story might be totally bogus, I have no phuqqin clue... all's I know is that any glimmering desire I might have had to go caving was thoroughly extinguished, and I turned my attentions to 1)riding saddle broncs, 2) rock climbing, 3)beer, and 4) p*ssy. Not necessarily in that order.

"I'm gonna have to science the schit out of this." Mark Watney, Sol 59, Mars
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
You rode saddle broncs? That's a life skill unto itself.

Of your list, I weaned myself off of rodeo first. Never climbed rocks much. Beer's OK on a hot day, but have not had as much luck in weaning myself off of #4 yet. laugh

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

Of your list, I weaned myself off of rodeo first. Never climbed rocks much. Beer's OK on a hot day, but have not had as much luck in weaning myself off of #4 yet. laugh

When you do, you and sansouci can hang out

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Not gonna happen. wink

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
IC B2

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Doc:
Didn't you recently decide to combine #4 and #1??

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Doc:

You are confusing saddle broncs with riding bareback... grin

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
All you's is batschit crazy tonight!

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Batschit Crazy
why do I get a visual picture of nancy pelosi (plug-fhugly)

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Doc:

You are confusing saddle broncs with riding bareback... grin

Ahem... I must confess I haven't been using a saddle of late...
it is to blush...

IC B3

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D

Yes, I did some horse-breaking, and fancied myself a rodeo cowboy for about, oh, 3 weeks.

Fortunately a couple old salts pointed out to me that I wasn't built for buckin stock... at 6'2" and 155 pounds at the time, I just wasn't gonna be able to compete with the guys a foot shorter than me and the same weight.

So I gave up row-day-oh and concentrated on p*ssy.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Guys in keeping with the current PC policies the term has been changed to guano insane.

Some people are educated beyond their intelligence.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
When my youngest son was a Sr in high school, there was a bully who picked on him some. My son started calling him Guano, to his face and in front of the bully's friends. The kid didn't have the brains to look up the term.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
It all goes back to the "bats in the belfry" idea. The belfry is a poetic reference to a person's head. Bats fly around erratically. Erratic ideas in the head==> Insanity. If your belfry is filled with bat crap? Well, I let you make the final link.

As an ex-caver, I can tell you that the dangers of bat guano are mostly from inhaling the stuff and ending up with a lung fungus like Histoplasmosis. We sometimes had to crawl on the way into a cave, and the first few feet might have bats in it. We tried to stay away from where the bats were congregated.

I never heard of folks getting their brains affected. Then again, I did take up shamanism AFTER my first trip into the caves. Hmmmmm.

Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries Lighthearted Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
well there ya go.

My diploma is a DD214
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I always like a little history first thing in the morning, thanks.

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by DocRocket
Huh.

I heard that the term came from spelunkers (cavers) who often have to wade through deep piles of bat guano, and bat guano has pathogens in it that when inhaled, induces mental instability. I heard this back in the early 70's.

That story might be totally bogus, I have no phuqqin clue... all's I know is that any glimmering desire I might have had to go caving was thoroughly extinguished, and I turned my attentions to 1)riding saddle broncs, 2) rock climbing, 3)beer, and 4) p*ssy. Not necessarily in that order.

I heard a slightly different, but similar versions. That folks who harvested and sold bat poop (a pretty good business for some living in the rain forests, I am told) will eventually inhale enough of the residue to become totally nuts. Makes sense, but I cannot verify the story or recall where I saw it.

LOVE God, LOVE your family, LOVE your country, LIKE guns and sports.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by 12344mag

"A person who is batshit crazy is certifiably nuts. The phrase has origins in the old fashioned term "bats in the belfry." Old churches had a structure at the top called a belfry, which housed the bells. Bats are extremely sensitive to sound and would never inhabit a belfry of an active church where the bell was rung frequently. Occasionally, when a church was abandoned and many years passed without the bell being rung, bats would eventually come and inhabit the belfry. So, when somebody said that an individual had "bats in the belfry" it meant that there was "nothing going on upstairs" (as in that person's brain). To be BATSHIT CRAZY is to take this even a step further. A person who is batshit crazy is so nuts that not only is their belfry full of bats, but so many bats have been there for so long that the belfry is coated in batshit. Hence, the craziest of crazy people are BATSHIT CRAZY"

Looked it up in the Dictionary and one word described it , WOMEN

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
If you look up "Batschit Crazy" in Websters.....I'm positive the picture next to it will be of my ex-wife...... eek

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by 12344mag

12344Mag,

You personify the term, "Batchit Crazy," to which I'd add Batchit Stupid.

Jus' sayin'...

�If tyranny and oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy.�
***US President James Madison***
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

576 members (222ND, 222Sako, 160user, 17CalFan, 10gaugemag, 71 invisible), 2,257 guests, and 1,230 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,064
Posts18,482,530
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.