Hop To
Page 6 of 14 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 13 14
T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by KR13
Doesn't change the fact that RT is nothing but a Russian propaganda network. Just means he would rather spew Russian propaganda as opposed to that of the U.K.
I think if RT operates anything like what you say, it's that they give air time to folks with views not in sync with US propaganda rather than hiring folks who put out Russian propaganda.

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
I don't question Keiser's personal integrity. He quit a high paying position with the BBC hosting his own TV show because of a gag order on the issue of Israel and Gaza, i.e., he was told he could keep his show only if he promised not to mention Israel in anything but a positive light with regard to that issue. He then immediately announced his resignation from the BBC and the reason for it. You have to give the guy credit for integrity.

Just to set the record straight, Keiser never held a high paying position within the BBC..

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Yeah, Putin has never been all that big on propaganda.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. It is it's natural manure. - Thomas Jefferson
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I think if RT operates anything like what you say, it's that they give air time to folks with views not in sync with US propaganda

US propaganda huh?
I really wish you weren't such a coward. If you did have a set of balls,maybe you could bring yourself to move away from this terrible country that allows you the freedom to open your mouth and spew your cooky brand of idiocy.
Maybe Costa Rica or Belize would allow you to fester inside their borders.

----------------------------------------
I'm a big fan of the courtesy flush.
T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Pete E
Just to set the record straight, Keiser never held a high paying position within the BBC..
Looks like you may be technically correct in one respect, i.e., he appears to have funded the show entirely on his own. Of course, what makes having a show on the BBC lucrative goes far beyond salary.

But here's a Max Keiser quote on the issue:

"We were told repeatedly from our BBC executives while producing The Oracle with Max Keiser on BBC World News that any mention of Israel was completely off limits and that this was a matter of unofficial policy. The reason this became a bone of contention was that I was paying for the entire production out of my own pocket and did not appreciate being censored like that. I felt as though I had no choice but to stop doing the show. I�m sure the above mentioned report makes clear the BBC�s bias and this is why the BBC has chosen to spend �350,000 of UK tax payer money to cover this scandal up."

IC B2

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Originally Posted by BrotherBart
I think if RT operates anything like what you say, it's that they give air time to folks with views not in sync with US propaganda

US propaganda huh?
I really wish you weren't such a coward. If you did have a set of balls,maybe you could bring yourself to move away from this terrible country that allows you the freedom to open your mouth and spew your cooky brand of idiocy.
Maybe Costa Rica or Belize would allow you to fester inside their borders.

Leave Costa Rica out of this. It's a pretty cool place. smile

"Be sure you're right. Then go ahead." Fess Parker as Davy Crockett
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
I just wish his parents wouldn't have put internet in their basement.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Succinct and insightful.

A+

"Be sure you're right. Then go ahead." Fess Parker as Davy Crockett
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by BOWSINGER
I don't question Keiser's personal integrity. He quit a high paying position with the BBC hosting his own TV show because of a gag order on the issue of Israel and Gaza, i.e., he was told he could keep his show only if he promised not to mention Israel in anything but a positive light with regard to that issue. He then immediately announced his resignation from the BBC and the reason for it. You have to give the guy credit for integrity.

Now that those who know what they are talking about in the oil business have pointed out the absurdity that all those companies are part of a Ponzi scheme...let us take a look at the integrity of TRH's source.

It took less than 30 seconds to find this...
Timothy Maxwell "Max" Keiser is an American broadcaster and film maker. He hosts Keiser Report, a financial program broadcast on Russian state media channel RT. Wikipedia

And less than 3 minutes to find this...
Slate:Meet Max Keiser, the thinking man�s Alex Jones.
By Jeremy Stahl 7/15/13
If you�re not a devotee of Alex Jones� radio show or a regular viewer of Moscow�s wacky propaganda network Russia Today, then you�re missing out on Max Keiser.

Since the 2008 financial crash, the 53-year-old broadcaster, former Paine Webber stockbroker, Bitcoin evangelist, and endlessly quotable provocateur has positioned himself as a raging avenger against the various evils�real and imagined�of the global financial elite, or as Keiser likes to call them, the �banksters.�

In the years since the 2008�09 crash, he�s become an eccentric hero of a certain ultralibertarian, 9/11-conspiracy-espousing, gold-bug-loving corner of alternative media.

On his Russia Today program the Keiser Report, the host rages against the �scum� and �financial terrorists� at Goldman Sachs, assorted �mass-murdering arsonists burning down financial markets around the world,� and the �Fourth Reich� of the Angela Merkel�led eurozone.

He has called for mass hangings of bankers and warned of a looming currency Armageddon.
Earlier this year, during an appearance on the Iranian English-language network PressTV, Keiser predicted an imminent �hot war� between China and Japan, which would lead to the collapse of the U.S. dollar.

His go-to reference for political and economic adversaries is Nazism. (Titles of recent Keiser Report episodes include �Global Financial Holocaust� and �Debt Death Camps.�) His rhetoric is sewn together with phrases like �the maw of this Cuisinart of fraud.�

The clip that made Keiser an instant alt-media star�and brought him to the attention of paranoiac shock jock Alex Jones�was an epic rant on France 24 against Goldman Sachs, whose misdeeds he compared to the atrocities of Auschwitz.

In that same video, Keiser said that �the tragedy of 9/11 is more of these Goldman Sachs bankers didn�t go down� while casually invoking 9/11 conspiracy theories.

It gets tough when a man's own words show the world who he really is.

Another look at the integrity of TRH's source:
http://www.interpretermag.com/
Russian TV�s Max Keiser: Blaming the Victims of 9/11
Adam Holland 4/8/14

Conspiracy theorists have an unfortunate tendency to blame those killed in mass-murders for the attacks that killed them. Nothing about the 9/11 �Truth� movement is more disturbing than when it either says outright or just implies that the victims somehow deserved to die.

Disgracefully, Max Keiser, whom RT provides a daily forum, does just this.
Both on his RT program and in interviews elsewhere, Keiser has promoted the idea that Cantor Fitzgerald, the World Trade Center-based trading firm that lost 658 employees to the 9/11 attacks, had foreknowledge of the attacks.
Keiser says that Cantor Fitzgerald attempted to make money on this knowledge by keeping it secret and placing put options on stocks which could be expected to suffer a loss because of the attacks.
Keiser literally and in so many words accuses Cantor Fitzgerald traders of trying to make a corrupt profit based on this macabre form of insider trading rather than saving their own lives and those of the other victims.

Those familiar with the 9/11 Truth movement will no doubt be familiar with the conspiracy theory claiming that a rise in demand for put options on American Airlines and United Airlines in the days leading up to 9/11 can be reasonably explained only by advance knowledge of the attacks.
It�s been a mainstay of the truther movement, appearing in books by the movement�s leaders, such as David Ray Griffin (9/11 Commission Report: Omissions And Distortions and 9/11 and American Empire: Intellectuals speak out), and Jim Marrs (Inside Job: Unmasking the 9/11 Conspiracies and The Terror Conspiracy: Deception, 9;11 and the Loss of Liberty), and repeated on innumerable websites and talk shows.
Proponents of this theory also claim that financial institutions and government regulators, seeing these suspicious trading patterns, must have known something was amiss and worked to cover it up, proving that they too were in on the conspiracy.

As with other 9/11 truth theories, there is a kernel of truth at its origin. There were, in fact, spikes in put options for those two stocks prior to 9/11.
The problem for the truthers is that such spikes are not unusual, nor were these particular spikes without other explanation.
In fact, all of that was made clear by journalists and investigators in the months following 9/11.

The conspiracy theory was, in effect, debunked before it was immortalized by the truthers.
By June 2002, Insight Magazine had pointed out that other spikes in put options for these stocks, including one much larger than these, occurred in the year leading up to the attacks.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
What, so all you Einsteins don't think we're force fed propaganda?

Any of you Teslas watched CNN or Faux in the last few days?

IC B3

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
And this: Did You Get Fleeced By Max Keiser, Alex Jones And The Rest Of The Stooges?
Tuesday, October 4, 2011, by Stathis

Several months ago I�warned about the silver pump-and-dump being orchestrated by Max Keiser and Alex Jones.
[...]
First, let me say this. If you are naive enough to listen to radio and TV�personalities for investment advice, then you deserve to lose everything.�

Why anyone would listen to bozos like Max Keiser and Alex Jones is beyond me, especially considering the fact they directly benefit financially by pumping gold and silver...

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T

But here's a Max Keiser quote on the issue:

"We were told repeatedly from our BBC executives while producing The Oracle with Max Keiser on BBC World News that any mention of Israel was completely off limits and that this was a matter of unofficial policy. The reason this became a bone of contention was that I was paying for the entire production out of my own pocket and did not appreciate being censored like that. I felt as though I had no choice but to stop doing the show. I�m sure the above mentioned report makes clear the BBC�s bias and this is why the BBC has chosen to spend �350,000 of UK tax payer money to cover this scandal up."

Got an independent source confirming what Keiser said about the BBC in the quote above?

T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Pete, it must suck to be forced to support a national news media outlet with your tax dollars that's little more than an Israeli propaganda outlet. The MSM is the same here, but at least we're not forced to support it with tax dollars. Well, not directly, anyway.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T

The Keiser Report

Since September 2009, Keiser has hosted The Keiser Report with financial news and analysis, on the RT network. ....

An episode broadcast in September 2011 featured an interview with comedienne Rosanne Barr, who stated that her solution to the financial crisis was to "bring back the guillotine".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Max_Keiser

TFF.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Doesn't change the fact that RT is a Russian propaganda machine created by Putin.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. It is it's natural manure. - Thomas Jefferson
T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Doesn't change the fact that RT is a Russian propaganda machine created by Putin.
That's more relevant to their in-house news rooms than to the folks who already had names in the West as opposition voices to US establishment propaganda. They hire these folks (or ask them to be guests on their shows) because they provide a counterpoint to US propaganda rather than as mouthpieces for Russian propaganda.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
What would you suggest is their motivation for doing so? Because they care for the American citizen so much?

T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
What would you suggest is their motivation for doing so? Because they care for the American citizen so much?
I thought I was clear on that. They consider that to be damaging to the propaganda points put out by the US. It's a two pronged assault. Firstly they have their own news rooms generate propaganda, and secondly they give air time to folks who's messages are out of sync with US propaganda points. Keiser falls into the latter category. His message is ordinarily suppressed in the US MSM, so he's given air time on RT so Americans can have access to information that does damage to the official US party line.

It's not about good guys and bad guys. Powerful central states are full of bad guys attempting to manipulate what folks think while attempting to throw monkey wrenches into their enemies' propaganda machines.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Wikipedia
Keiser grew up in Westchester County, New York. After studying theatre at New York University, he took a variety of jobs including stand-up comedy and on radio.

Only the Real Browneye would trust a failed comedian when it comes to fracturing shale to extract petroleum. What a buffoon!!!

----------------------------------------
I'm a big fan of the courtesy flush.
T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Wikipedia
Keiser is the creator, co-founder, and former CEO of HSX Holdings/Hollywood Stock Exchange, later sold to Cantor Fitzgerald.[5] Alongside Michael R. Burns, he co-created the Hollywood Stock Exchange,[6] on which the Hollywood Stock Exchange operates. which allows traders to exchange virtual securities, such as "MovieStocks" and "StarBonds", with convertible virtual currency, the "Hollywood Dollar".

Page 6 of 14 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 13 14

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

571 members (1beaver_shooter, 16penny, 17CalFan, 160user, 1badf350, 1234, 51 invisible), 2,446 guests, and 1,348 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,646
Posts18,474,534
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.