Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 24 of 31 1 2 22 23 24 25 26 30 31
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
There's a subtly that you don't seem capable of comprehending, goalie. I don't believe I can help. All I can say is that it's a good thing you chose a practical, down to earth, type of career, regarding which there's lots of technical information to memorize, but not an excessive degree of mental versatility required.

Now, even a simpleton like myself finds the above funny when you consider it was written after pages upon pages of arguing with me about the electrophysiology of the heart by the guy who wrote this....:

This is the second time you mentioned an EKG. Could you refresh my memory by providing a link? I don't recall expressing an opinion on EKG, as I know next to nothing about them. Thanks.

....and it was directed at someone who deals with EKG's in life-or-death situations on a regular basis.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by goalie
There's a subtly that you don't seem capable of comprehending, goalie. I don't believe I can help. All I can say is that it's a good thing you chose a practical, down to earth, type of career, regarding which there's lots of technical information to memorize, but not an excessive degree of mental versatility required.

That is a really odd way of saying "No, I can't find anything wrong with your logic, I must have been wrong."

FWIW, if you think doing the stuff I do doesn't require the ability to think quick while under stress, you are (amazingly) more of an idiot than even this thread has made you out to be.
Oh, don't get me wrong. There's plenty of room for great minds in your profession. It's just that such minds aren't required for every facet of it, i.e., there are plenty of niches within it for folks like yourself. Surgeons require someone to hand them needed implements, for example.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T

Now, even a simpleton like myself finds the above funny when you consider it was written after pages upon pages of arguing with me about the electrophysiology of the heart by the guy who wrote this....:

This is the second time you mentioned an EKG. Could you refresh my memory by providing a link? I don't recall expressing an opinion on EKG, as I know next to nothing about them. Thanks.

....and it was directed at someone who deals with EKG's in life-or-death situations on a regular basis.

And to your mind there's a one-to-one relationship between specific knowledge of the EKG process and general knowledge of the heart, right? See what I mean?

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T

Old wives' tale. "Rural" legend. Moisture content is what determines creosote deposition, not the specie of wood burned.

That is true. Flue gas temp is what determines creosote buildup, so a cooler fire will produce more. Burning softwoods however, has nothing to do with it.

Would that isn't dry causes creosote because turning the moisture in the wood to steam, markedly lowers flue gas temps. [/quote] [/quote]

This took me a minute. It is pretty damn funny though.

The sad thing is, TAK hates me 'cause I called him out when he tried pulling his "your a fat nurse" crap with me, so he simply cannot and will not answer the yes or no question I asked him.

It must kill him inside.

Laffn' [/quote]

Oh, its killin' me, for sure, from laughin' at your goofy azz.

To start with, you're a lyin'SOB, AGAIN. You posted a pic of your scrawny azz some time ago that I clearly remember to any disgusting fat body comments on my part were not directed in your direction. I would be curious as to whether or not you can power clean your body weight though.

As for the GA Tech study I quoted, I'll be sure and let 'em know that a yankee nurse and an alky from MT says they suck at research.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Goalie and TRH, gather close around the fire now. We're goin ta roast some marshmellows and sing a few songs now.. whistle

IC B2

E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
S'mores! smile

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by plainsman456
Nothing to worry about folks,the patient died yesterday waiting for hawk to comprehend what was posted. grin
The funeral will be announced at a later date. laugh

Will Holder be there?

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
One never knows. laugh

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
And to your mind there's a one-to-one relationship between specific knowledge of the EKG process and general knowledge of the heart, right? See what I mean?

Uhmm yes actually there is a 1:1 relationship. If you don't understand how to interpret an EKG then you don't really understand how the heart is working I.E. what's wrong. ALL cardiac arrythmias are manifested on EKG.

Any fool can call NSR as its obvious but interpreting the Arrhythmia AND knowing how to treat it is the difference between life and death!

The man is a CCU nurse. That means he has made his living treating cardiac arrhythmias. I work in Emergency Medicine and have had ACLS for almost 20 years. I can tell you the man is spot on in what he had said!!!!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

TRH since you think you know cardiology, please identify these 2 rhythms and the proper treatment.

IC B3

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
1) V-tach, pulse or no?

2) Atrial Flutter-probably a beta-blocker, but an RN or EMT would NOT make that call on his own.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Reggae and Bossa Nova?

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Take_a_knee
1) V-tach, pulse or no?

2) Atrial Flutter-probably a beta-blocker, but an RN or EMT would NOT make that call on his own.
You beat me to it, TAK. grin

No, in seriousness, I never claimed to "know cardiology." How ridiculous! That's a medical specialization, and my doctorate isn't in medicine. I know a great deal about subjects that interest me, however.

My problem with goalie is mainly that he's a horse's ass. I'm certain, however, that when the time comes that the surgeon requests of him a needed implement, goalie is "Johnny on the spot" with the right one.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by plainsman456
One never knows. laugh

What about the Kenyan,,,, think he'll call the family between rounds of golf?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
So, Hawk, are you trying to say I'm an ass for hammering you to death with you assertion that PVC's are caused by, or even involve, people with, as you put it: "defective pathways?"

TAK, I may be fit, or, as you call it, scrawny, but I have a little background myself. You already ran pretty fast from the cardio challenge, but if you're ever in the twin cities, look me up. We could get a few friendly rounds in at the gym. I'll pay for the ref. Kickboxing or the regular kind, your call.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

My problem with goalie is mainly that he's a horse's ass.

I may well be. Unlike you, though, I don't engage in a debate while unarmed.....

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
TAK, I may be fit, or, as you call it, scrawny, but I have a little background myself. You already ran pretty fast from the cardio challenge, but if you're ever in the twin cities, look me up. We could get a few friendly rounds in at the gym. I'll pay for the ref. Kickboxing or the regular kind, your call.

If we had a time machine, I might take you up on it. wink

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I'm certain, however, that when the time comes that the surgeon requests of him a needed implement, goalie is "Johnny on the spot" with the right one.

I don't say this lightly, and it isn't a really nice thing to say, but I sincerely hope that one day you end up really sick in the ICU....

.....with a really mediocre nurse, or worse, one with even poor assessment skills/knowledge. It's what a smug SOB like you deserves.

FWIW, if you want to actually have an idea of what I do, the Rapid Response Team initiative was nation-wide. It mainly involves an ICU trained nurse responding to calls RE stroke symptoms or chest pain.

We have cut Dr Blue calls at Abbott Northwestern by over 50% since it's implementation, and, more importantly, almost 80% of our codes are now in the ICU, where prior to implementation the majority were on the floors.

We average less than 30 minutes to get a CT scan if we call a code stroke, and lytics, if warranted, are given, on average, in 45 minutes. Often before we have an ICU bed.

Our last open position resulted in almost 100 qualified applicants and dozens of interviews. Unlike many positions that are filled strictly by seniority, ours are interview dependent, and even the union thinks that is a good idea.

Anyhow, if you want, we can do the same thing in a debate about the NIH stroke scale or when I should call a code stroke next....it would be no different than me trying to BS TAK about how to jump out of planes......

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
It's what a smug SOB like you deserves.
Touched a nerve, did I? grin

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Touched a nerve, did I? grin

Nah, apparently this did:

You admit my statement is true.

My (true)statement is in opposition with your quoted and highlighted statement. You agreed that someone with a normal electrical conduction system in their heart can throw a PVC.

That makes your blanket statement: "your pathways are defective" false, since we just agreed one can have PVC's without a defective conduction system.

Meethinks you need to take a logic 101 course.

If you find that time machine, I say we do it when we're both 20. wink

Page 24 of 31 1 2 22 23 24 25 26 30 31

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

635 members (12344mag, 219 Wasp, 1moredeer, 007FJ, 1eyedmule, 1234, 70 invisible), 2,980 guests, and 1,377 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,231
Posts18,485,673
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.