-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
To summarize one final time, I have no problems whatsoever on any website whatever, including this one. No ads, no popups, no malware, back and forward buttons work perfectly, one second or less page loads, videos run flawlessly, no freezes, no error messages.

Cable/wireless isp
Two-year-old desktop
Windows 7
MS Security Essentials
Firefox 31.0
Ad-Block Plus
Avast (free)
Malwarebytes (free)

I'm not an IT guy, and I have not messed with any program settings or done anything except download and install the last four programs on that list. If there are problems with this website or with Firefox, I have no evidence to support it.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

GB1

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
In the business world we call then ID 10 T errors.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
This is the only site I have problems with. My "Back button" not working is a real PIA. Rick, I think you need a total rebuild of this site. YMMV.

Last edited by okok; 08/26/14.

Jed York does not own the 49ers; Russell Wilson does.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Im not an IT guy either. But it doesnt take a rocket scientist to see why this site has problems.....

http://www.webpagetest.org/performance_optimization.php?test=140826_D2_1177&run=1&cached=0

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Sorry, but my world doesnt revolve around Rick, or the internet whatsoever.

And yet here you are. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by milespatton
Sorry, but my world doesnt revolve around Rick, or the internet whatsoever.

And yet here you are. miles

With a helluva lot less posts than you, or most that even started when/after I did. And im not even working right now.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
With a helluva lot less posts than you, or most that even started when/after I did.

Not my fault when a person has nothing useful to say. miles

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I'm not saying others aren't having problems but honestly, how many?

10 or even 100 guys. There are over 50,000 subscribers here. What's the math on that?

All I know is this.

1. I've NEVER had an issue in the 11 years I've been here. I've been here on a Kindle, iPhone, Blackberry and no less than 8 different laptops/desktop systems and on numerous ISPs.

2. Complaining about a FREE site that might require you to run FREE software to make YOUR particular experience ok seems like a bit childish.

I feel bad that others are having issues but Chrome + Adblock works for the vast majority of users. The fix is there if you want to participate. If you don't - stop crying already. I realize some can't due to work computer restrictions but I'd seriously be concerned about a company still using IE to provide internet browsing.

Pro tip - Adblock also prevents those annoying "wait 5 seconds to skip this ad" ads on youtube. It's a damned useful FREE (yes [bleep] FREE quit bitching) extension you can use.

Me

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by milespatton

Not my fault when a person has nothing useful to say. miles

I dont find it useful to sit on a computer for 3 days bitching about Stick, Jeff'O, Safariman, any of the TN dumbffucks, etc...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
As anyone could learn if he'd read any of the other bazillion threads on this topic, most of the people having trouble with this site are stubbornly using Internet Exploder and/or aren't using a good ad blocker. The other category of complainers are trying to use a smart phone instead of a real computer.

Read Rock Chuck's post for the solution.

Nah Rocky,

You're wrong on this issue.

I use firefox, and adblock+. I do not see ads or flashing lights on my screen, but this site is likely THE slowest responding site on the internet today...

Peak times are worse, but it happens even in off peak hours, from time to time...

"Chances Will Be Taken"

IC B3

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Rocky you mind if i borrow that last line?
I spit some soda when i read that. grin

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I dont find it useful to sit on a computer for 3 days bitching about Stick, Jeff'O, Safariman, any of the TN dumbffucks, etc...

Seems as if you follow it all even when you don't have an opinion that you wish to share. miles

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by teal
Chrome and AdBlock

This plus FlashBlock....never a single problem. Never any issues with this site on my smartphone either.....running Boat Browser and Lookout.

The question isn't who is going to let me; it's who is going to stop me.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I have FireFox and AdBlock. Have not had a problem in years until several weeks ago. Now, at times I am unable to move about within the site, like I have been disconnected..from the site but not the internet as I can go to other sites with no problem. It seems that by leaving and coming back 15 or 20 mins later, I can log back on and navigate the site OK.

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
Firefox crashed while reading the thread. I did a Malware scan which showed no problems, but everything is running much faster after the scan. The problem is off and on for me.

I only use free sights, have all the right stuff on my computer and still have issues here on rare occasions. Nothing anywhere else.

Most people don't really want the truth.

They just want constant reassurance that what they believe is the truth.
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
OK KNOW IT ALLS WHY DO WE HAVE TO RUN SOME SPECIAL BROWSER AND SOME SPECIAL SPYWARE APP?!?!?!? WHY CAN'T THE SITE BE COMPATIBLE WITH ALL BROWSERS?? ONCE AGAIN I SAID THE SITE HAS SPYWARE YOU COMPUTER WIZZ'S CAN'T EVEN ARGUE THIS. I think it was this site that forced me to install malwarebytes. It would like my machine up, my whole freaking machine!!!

if the website is running right there should be no reason to run a special browser with pop up blockers and all the other bull$hit. I will say again the site needs to be fixed.

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by cumminscowboy
OK KNOW IT ALLS WHY DO WE HAVE TO RUN SOME SPECIAL BROWSER AND SOME SPECIAL SPYWARE APP?!?!?!? WHY CAN'T THE SITE BE COMPATIBLE WITH ALL BROWSERS?? ONCE AGAIN I SAID THE SITE HAS SPYWARE YOU COMPUTER WIZZ'S CAN'T EVEN ARGUE THIS. I think it was this site that forced me to install malwarebytes. It would like my machine up, my whole freaking machine!!!

if the website is running right there should be no reason to run a special browser with pop up blockers and all the other bull$hit. I will say again the site needs to be fixed.

Jeez, maybe time for a little break from the place............

AdBlockPlus is the greatest thing since sliced bread IMO.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
And youre doing no favors on our end by complaining about easily fixed schit.

If it were truly "easily fixed" there wouldn't be so many complaints when most have tried the recommended patches with few lasting results.

There's no logical reason this site should be so troublesome when most others are not

One shot, one kill........ It saves a lot of ammo!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

NO SCHIT SHERLOCK!

http://www.webpagetest.org/performance_optimization.php?test=140827_KN_1EM&run=1&cached=0

Just scroll down casue I doubt you know wtf youre looking at anyhow. You see all those FAILED? Thats happening on everyones system. You know why, because the servers SUCK!

But if you cant read ill explain in part. See this pic, thats how many requests from the Campfire. 15.1%....of ALL the requests made.

[Linked Image]

This second shot.....that is your biggest offender....during THIS test. ap.lijit.com...who are they? dont give a ffffuk. theyre hogging rescources, during THIS test.

[Linked Image]

Numerous DNS lookups over 3000ms, a couple well over 5000.

The Campfire itself is running pretty good. THE AD SERVERS SUCK!

You think its gonna change? You think you whining about it is gonna make a ffffuck? If YOUR TV goes all snowy, do you sit there and bawl like a little bitch about it, OR DO YOU CHANGE THE CHANNEL? If you change the channel, then DOWNLOAD OTHER SOFTWARE AND STFU!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
It is a poor craftsman who blames his tools.
Originally Posted by JGRaider
So start educating us........Firfox, all updates, adblocker, Avast, everything up to date and this is the only site that affects my computers. Explain away.

Hmm, highly suspect.
Originally Posted by dogcatcher223
Again...why is this the only site in the world that has these problems? Oh, I forgot, there is no problem as long as you install 10 different programs, call Bill Gates at home, and pray.

Hmm, highly suspect indeed.
Originally Posted by Snyper
You can keep repeating all that, and it won't change the fact that this site has more problems than most others, no matter what you're running.
You can make excuses, but it doesn't change the number of complaints that have been ongoing for a LONG time with no improvement

If it was just "our systems" the problems would show up everywhere, not just here

Finally, an enlightened one. Siddhartha, is that you?
Originally Posted by teal
I'm not saying others aren't having problems but honestly, how many?

10 or even 100 guys. There are over 50,000 subscribers here. What's the math on that?

All I know is this.

1. I've NEVER had an issue in the 11 years I've been here. I've been here on a Kindle, iPhone, Blackberry and no less than 8 different laptops/desktop systems and on numerous ISPs.

2. Complaining about a FREE site that might require you to run FREE software to make YOUR particular experience ok seems like a bit childish.

I feel bad that others are having issues but Chrome + Adblock works for the vast majority of users. The fix is there if you want to participate. If you don't - stop crying already. I realize some can't due to work computer restrictions but I'd seriously be concerned about a company still using IE to provide internet browsing.

Pro tip - Adblock also prevents those annoying "wait 5 seconds to skip this ad" ads on youtube. It's a damned useful FREE (yes [bleep] FREE quit bitching) extension you can use.

Look to your ISP, your physical PC (performance), your PC (configuration). Gut tells me ISP.
Originally Posted by johnw

Nah Rocky,

You're wrong on this issue.

I use firefox, and adblock+. I do not see ads or flashing lights on my screen, but this site is likely THE slowest responding site on the internet today...

Peak times are worse, but it happens even in off peak hours, from time to time...

It's all about the Benjamins. For those unencumbered with frugality, multiple versions of a website can be coded for specific browsers, and even platforms. However given the functional requirements of this site, it would be rather costly. Lest an out-of-the-box previously configured solution can readily be called upon, but then all you naysayers would complain about 'change' rather than man up and educate yourselves as to the real issues.

Hmm, highly suspect. Highly suspect indeed.
Originally Posted by Snyper
And youre doing no favors on our end by complaining about easily fixed schit.

If it were truly "easily fixed" there wouldn't be so many complaints when most have tried the recommended patches with few lasting results.

There's no logical reason this site should be so troublesome when most others are not

The factory of the future will have only two employees, a man and a dog. The man will be there to feed the dog. The dog will be there to keep the man from touching the equipment. � WARREN G. BENNIS
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

521 members (1OntarioJim, 219 Wasp, 163bc, 12344mag, 22250rem, 2500HD, 52 invisible), 2,454 guests, and 1,327 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,915
Posts18,518,724
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.