-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Folks, really these lines of inquiries are rather frustrating to the 'techies' out there, or even to good natured fellow members who might be willing to offer some assistance. The truth of the matter, and I am speaking from professional experience here (resume provided upon request to naysayers), is that folks are so ignorant to the root cause of issues and are utterly incapable of learning for themselves; knowing only to cry foul. To try and educate any of you as to how best to proceed is like trying instruct a baboon how to conduct a symphony. There are some in-between steps, and both involve swinging your arms to and fro.

"I'd rather try touching the moon than take on a whore's thinking." This, though directed to another audience, perfectly sums up both my own attitude and the attitude of most every competent IT professional in America.

Honest and functional solutions have been proposed, hands have been held, and you have been led to water. Only you can decide if your frustration need be quenched.

The factory of the future will have only two employees, a man and a dog. The man will be there to feed the dog. The dog will be there to keep the man from touching the equipment. � WARREN G. BENNIS

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
yea, this schitt is only as hard as you make it.

Guns don't kill people, drivers with cell phones kill people.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by cumminscowboy
OK KNOW IT ALLS WHY DO WE HAVE TO RUN SOME SPECIAL BROWSER AND SOME SPECIAL SPYWARE APP?!?!?!? WHY CAN'T THE SITE BE COMPATIBLE WITH ALL BROWSERS?? ONCE AGAIN I SAID THE SITE HAS SPYWARE YOU COMPUTER WIZZ'S CAN'T EVEN ARGUE THIS. I think it was this site that forced me to install malwarebytes. It would like my machine up, my whole freaking machine!!!

if the website is running right there should be no reason to run a special browser with pop up blockers and all the other bull$hit. I will say again the site needs to be fixed.

You need to leave now.
Don't let the door hit you in your stupid ass. You are worse than a focking woman. LEAVE DICKHEAD!!!

----------------------------------------
I'm a big fan of the courtesy flush.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Snyper
And youre doing no favors on our end by complaining about easily fixed schit.

If it were truly "easily fixed" there wouldn't be so many complaints when most have tried the recommended patches with few lasting results.

There's no logical reason this site should be so troublesome when most others are not

You need to leave too. Get out now!!! WOMEN!!!!

A
add Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by BrotherBart
OK KNOW IT ALLS WHY DO WE HAVE TO RUN SOME SPECIAL BROWSER AND SOME SPECIAL SPYWARE APP?!?!?!? WHY CAN'T THE SITE BE COMPATIBLE WITH ALL BROWSERS?? ONCE AGAIN I SAID THE SITE HAS SPYWARE YOU COMPUTER WIZZ'S CAN'T EVEN ARGUE THIS. I think it was this site that forced me to install malwarebytes. It would like my machine up, my whole freaking machine!!!

if the website is running right there should be no reason to run a special browser with pop up blockers and all the other bull$hit. I will say again the site needs to be fixed.

You need to leave now.
Don't let the door hit you in your stupid ass. You are worse than a focking woman. LEAVE DICKHEAD!!!

[Linked Image]

Epstein didn't kill himself.

"Play Cinnamon Girl you Sonuvabitch!"

Biden didn't win the election.
IC B2

A
add Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A

If it were truly "easily fixed" there wouldn't be so many complaints when most have tried the recommended patches with few lasting results.

There's no logical reason this site should be so troublesome when most others are not

[Linked Image]

Epstein didn't kill himself.

"Play Cinnamon Girl you Sonuvabitch!"

Biden didn't win the election.
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
this is pretty funny notice how I worded the subject. I was exactly right in fortelling that some on here would say "oh there is no problem your a dumb $hit" I expected people to say this. but I would say at least half the people here agree with what I am saying. so why does it have to be so personal?? why can't the attitude be I don't have any problem and leave it at that, why are me and others pointing out that there are problems attacked??

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by George_in_SD
Folks, really these lines of inquiries are rather frustrating to the 'techies' out there...

Yeah, I give up. Tired of repeating myself, hoping it was for newbies and slow learners. The solution is easy and free, if you don't want it then it's your problem. Enjoy the bitching.

The key elements in human thinking are not numbers but labels of fuzzy sets. -- L. Zadeh

Which explains a lot.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
this is pretty funny notice how I worded the subject. I was exactly right in fortelling that some on here would say "oh there is no problem your a dumb $hit" I expected people to say this. but I would say at least half the people here agree with what I am saying. so why does it have to be so personal?? why can't the attitude be I don't have any problem and leave it at that, why are me and others pointing out that there are problems attacked??

You have been led to water yet you refuse to drink.
You have been given the solution but you just keep bitching.
It's personal because YOU brought it to that.
Beat feet... GTFO...
Or take the good advice that you've been given and STFU!!!!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

You're right.

Based on my experience with the site, I believe there's an infinite loop in the JavaScript on the page. If you load a page (without AdBlock, which--as everybody says, does solve the problem) and watch the status line, you'll see that a succession of websites are being hit over and over and over again. (Watch for the string "ad.lijit," for example.)

This means that your network bandwidth is being wasted, your browser is in needless contention for NIC attention with all the other applications on your computer, and your browser is constantly so busy downloading worthless data that it has less time to pay attention to you and your mouse, which is why the cursor flickers.

It's tough to tell just by looking at the JavaScript on the page, but my bet is that the various ad clients are misconfigured on the server in such a way that this loop happens.

AdBlock puts a nice big soft Band-Aid on the problem, it's true, but it's also true that there is a problem here that other websites don't have, and it should be fixed here, and there's no reason it can't be fixed here, if other websites have fixed it.

I'm on your side.

"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain--that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist." --Lysander Spooner, 1867
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
My favorite is the stack overflow dialogue infinite loop. Wonder what someone thought they were doing when they wrote that script?

Well yeah, should be fixed. But, as I gather, not so likely with a part time one man band trying to fund a free site with a little coin left over. But then I'm not a network guy.

The key elements in human thinking are not numbers but labels of fuzzy sets. -- L. Zadeh

Which explains a lot.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Barak

It's tough to tell just by looking at the JavaScript on the page, but my bet is that the various ad clients are misconfigured on the server in such a way that this loop happens.

Bingo, but you cant tell by the Javascript on the page. Because the ad servers change daily, sometimes multiple times/day. Do multiple site checks on webpagetest.org, morning noon night, whenever. One thing that is consistent high js usage. The servers that bog down vary all over the US(but one specific in Santa Clara has routinely been schit). I been watching it a lot over the last few weeks and keep asking myself, how are some of these places still in business? And why is Rick doing business with whoever is doing business with them? But, not my circus, not my monkeys. Bypass it and roll on.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
this is pretty funny notice how I worded the subject. I was exactly right in fortelling that some on here would say "oh there is no problem your a dumb $hit" I expected people to say this.

You simply aren't that cunning.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

You're right.

Based on my experience with the site, I believe there's an infinite loop in the JavaScript on the page. If you load a page (without AdBlock, which--as everybody says, does solve the problem) and watch the status line, you'll see that a succession of websites are being hit over and over and over again. (Watch for the string "ad.lijit," for example.)

This means that your network bandwidth is being wasted, your browser is in needless contention for NIC attention with all the other applications on your computer, and your browser is constantly so busy downloading worthless data that it has less time to pay attention to you and your mouse, which is why the cursor flickers.

AdBlock puts a nice big soft Band-Aid on the problem, it's true, but it's also true that there is a problem here that other websites don't have, and it should be fixed here, and there's no reason it can't be fixed here, if other websites have fixed it.

I'm on your side.

Barak, as a fully-vested member of The Old and The Ignorant, I thank you for your understanding. Best, John

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Your silly crap left my screen long ago.
If no one quotes you , I never see it at all, so feel free to ramble all you like

One shot, one kill........ It saves a lot of ammo!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Wow Snyper...you're first member I've seen on here (besides us Tn boys) that doesn't worship Bart's stool sample.

Now you realize that "because he has been on here a significant amount of time and was under a previous username since 1974" you're supposed to behold and cup his ballsack because of his awesome contributions and his killer meatless and beanless chili recipe.

laugh

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Mmmm...but now suddenly I'm wondering.

Does the Campfire get money for every ad it displays?

Because if it does, maybe the misconfiguration isn't accidental.

On a normal website, if you open a page at home and then go to work and leave it open, it'll load one page's worth of ads and then sit there and wait for you.

But if you open a Campfire page at home and then go to work, that loop in the background will have loaded thousands and thousands of ads (copies of the same ones, so you don't notice any changes) by the time you come home.

If the Campfire is getting a few cents--or even a fraction of a cent--every time your browser downloads an ad onto a Campfire page, then the Campfire may be making out like a bandit because of the loop.

Or not--I don't run an ad-supported website, so I know very little about how the money flows.

"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain--that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist." --Lysander Spooner, 1867
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by George_in_SD
95%+ of all computer 'problems' originate between the keyboard and the chair. Such issues can easily be alleviated should you care to take the appropriate effort, largely beginning with education.
And THAT'S the bottom line.

No issues here, none (using Chrome).. So why would I have zero problems with this site using Chrome and others do? Methinks the issue is with their equipment/browser/etc than anything to do with this particular site..

YMMV

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
I use Firefox, Windows XP on two computers, Windows 7 on three others, and 24hourcampfire works perfectly on all. Everything connects through a VPN with tunneling, either Anonymizer or Hide My A$$, with Adblock Plus stripping out any ads - I never see an ad, and Webroot SecureAnywhere handling real time virus and malware protection, backed up by Malwarebytes Anti-Malware. I have to block any flashing or moving ads or I can't read the forums, I get dizzy if anything flashes or moves while reading. I also use NoScript add on for Firefox, DoNotTrackMe to block any tracking attempts, so far it has blocked 48,699 trackers since Dec. 13, 2013. Also use Better Privacy to block cookies.

The forum is completely still, works without any hindrance and is a pleasure to use.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Oh boy. This conversation.... Again...

I guess that all of these add on's and plug in's that are made for browsers, were all made because 24 hour campfire is the ONLY place that has these issues....

pahick, you might want to keep an eye on your blood pressure there buddy.

I opened Firefox to make this reply, just for you. grin

The title of this thread cracks me up.

My first thought is that it's obviously true or else the OP would have no need to create it in the first place.

My second thought was to wonder if it was true, why would he create it then? I mean if you rashly didn't care what people said, why would you create a thread on a forum?

"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." - John Adams

Turdlike, by default.
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

121 members (375TN, 44mc, 7887mm08, 35, 21, 358wsm, 14 invisible), 1,557 guests, and 964 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,243
Posts18,485,951
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.