I done a lot of hunting in the rain and snow of Southeast Alaska with blued steel and wood stocks. But I generally don't anymore. If you go with the factory wood stock I would open up the barrel channel and recoil lug mortise . Then bed it with a good bedding product. I use JB Weld. Put a cross bolt behindthe recoil lug and make sure there is a good gap behind the rear tang. . It would be good to have a couple business card thick free float gap in the barrel channel after your done with bedding. I use Corrosion Block on the metal. Have never had any rust develop using that product and that is using an open skiff on salt water to hunt from.
Mostly get the work done. Put on a good tough wfsp scope on it with 4" or close.
Having a nice trigger in it and a nice gushy recoil pad on it will REALLY HELP. . Remember you will probably be wearing extra layers of clothes so you nay need to shorten the butt stock some to get the rifle to fit after you put a good recoil pad on and shoot the crap out of it before you head north

Last edited by ColdTriggerFinger; 09/14/14.