Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Not a real good analogy if you've seen the video, but if I did, I don't think I deserve to die for it.

"Be sure you're right. Then go ahead." Fess Parker as Davy Crockett
GB1

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by Take_a_knee

Bullschidt. Uzis, like other 2nd-gen sub-guns are select-fire.

1st gen sub-guns like the M3, Sten, and Swedish K, did not. The grand-old Thompson was the exception.

Ain't it amazing that only the SF "poser" knows this? GF yerselves, if it applies.

Good job, poser.

Travis
Yet another significant error chalked up to Kevin this week.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by toltecgriz
Not a real good analogy if you've seen the video, but if I did, I don't think I deserve to die for it.

Sticking a full auto UZI in the hand of such an inexperienced shooter (regardless of age) is asking for disaster.

Deserve ain't got nothing to do with it (to paraphrase a movie) but it seems to be a predictable outcome from the Monday Mornin' Quarterback position.

Full auto is not for beginners. This does not seem to be a hard concept for those that shoot once in a while. shocked

Last edited by JohnBurns; 08/27/14.

John Burns

I have all the sources.
They can't stop the signal.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
+1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
bottom line is that this is a disaster for gun owners across America. The incident opens up another line of attack against us all.
Charges if irresponsibility, debate on the issue of full auto weapons, issues of children put into danger, chit, all sorts of crap is now popping up.
Our local left wing mullet wrapper has a big piece this morning on the sad story.

Sam......

IC B2

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
bottom line is that this is a disaster for gun owners across America. The incident opens up another line of attack against us all.
Charges if irresponsibility, debate on the issue of full auto weapons, issues of children put into danger, chit, all sorts of crap is now popping up.
Our local left wing mullet wrapper has a big piece this morning on the sad story.

I've already been asked and already said one mistake does not have anything to do with the rest of us.

I don't defend that guy, he was stupid. When you say "that was stupid" and "that had nothing to do with her age" and "it was about inexperience, not age" and "full auto is hard even for people that shoot full auto a lot" then the gun-grabbing knuckleheads at least have to regroup and give it a thunk as an accident, which it was.

This incident has no more to do with me owning guns than I allow it to.

It only makes us all look stupid if we allow it to.

“Live free or die. Death is not the worst of evils.” - General John Stark.
V
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
V
David_Walter: Unfortunately "I" think this "mistake" does "have something to do with the rest of us"!
The massive amount of bad publicity just so far will have a detrimental effect in many ways on those of us that keep and bear arms.
The "ammunition" this incident has provided the anti-Second Amendment types is significant.
On top of the tragic loss of life the harm to pro-gun types and causes will be real.
Again a sad situation on so many fronts.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by add

Let's say a 15 year girl old studies, then passes her written DL test - all on the same day - (mind you; zero practical behind the wheel experience)...

Would you ride shotgun (as her initial driving instructor on this maiden voyage) in a high perf sports-car?

Sure, why not? First gear, nice and slow and easy.

What I wouldn't do; is tell her to nail the throttle, dump the clutch and go as fast as she could.

See the difference now?

Roy

What this world needs is a few more Rednecks.

The Dildō Of Consequence Rarely Arrives Lubed

Waterboarding isn't illegal if you use diesel

V
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
V
LRoyJetson and all: NOW... CNN is asking all possible Presidential candidates what their position is on 9 year olds shooting Uzis!
WTF!
I knew this was gonna be a bad one but hillary dillary cock clinton's answer to the Uzi vs. 9 y/o's was lenghty and lame (at best).
No question about the 18 Trillion dollar and un-repayable national debt just a set-up softball inquiry into the latest gun tragedy?
I fear for the future of our country.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Yup, this is going viral and it's not good. One dumb [bleep] and the rest of us have to pay for it.

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by GunGeek
Originally Posted by fish head
Question ...

Does an Uzi have a selectable rate of fire as in semi vs full auto?
No, the rate of fire is fixed.

Bullschidt. Uzis, like other 2nd-gen sub-guns are select-fire.

1st gen sub-guns like the M3, Sten, and Swedish K, did not. The grand-old Thompson was the exception.

Ain't it amazing that only the SF "poser" knows this? GF yerselves, if it applies.
I guess I misunderstood the question. I took that to mean "is the cyclic rate selectable"...Now that I re-read the question, your answer is right. The UZI, Mini-UZI, and Micro-UZI all have a selector for Safe, Semi, Full.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
I guess I misunderstood the question. I took that to mean "is the cyclic rate selectable"...Now that I re-read the question, your answer is right. The UZI, Mini-UZI, and Micro-UZI all have a selector for Safe, Semi, Full.
The question could not have been more clear. Why don't you just admit you screwed up and got something fundamentally wrong again? Too proud?

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger

BTW - The STEN had the option of semi-auto fire. What looks like a cross bolt safety on the Sten is the selector for semi & full auto. There is no "safety" on the Sten other than the notch for the cocking handle on the reciever.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
The question could not have been more clear. Why don't you just admit you screwed up and got something fundamentally wrong again? Too proud?

Oh dear Gawd Hawk, grow the puck up.

My previous post was about cyclic rates, so I had that on the brain. I didn't read the question carefully and gave an inappropriate answer...and got it wrong. Lighten up.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A guy was doing that with his brand-new Uzi once when I showed up at a public range. Tossed a cardboard box out 10-15ft or so, held the Uzi out one handed, and squeezed the trigger. Recoil drove the muzzle up and over, and suddenly he was spraying bullets all over the place, hanging onto the gun with a floppy one-handed death grip so that it wouldn't "get away from him."

Sheesh.

I turned right around and went home. No range for me that day.

The first time you fire a full-auto weapon, shoot it a couple of times with one round in the magazine so that you get a feel for the recoil. Then shoot it a few times with two rounds, so that you find out what it does when it fires as it's in the process of coming out of recoil.

I have a French MAS 49/56 converted from 7.5 Swiss to 7.62 NATO that I never fire with more than two rounds in the magazine unless I'm shooting military-surplus ammunition with hard primers, because it's got a huge, heavy, jack-handle-ish free-floating firing pin that frequently slamfires commercial ammo. I can handle one additional slamfired 7.62 round from that gun with no trouble, but two--for a total of three--modifies my point of aim enough to be dangerous.

"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain--that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist." --Lysander Spooner, 1867
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Well you were almost right. I researched you tube on the Uzi. To slow down the rate on the Micro you can put in a heavier bolt and it will slow down the rate. Go back to the normal bolt and the rate is higher and standard for the Micro. The guy in the video did just that and no problems were encountered.

I also came across a video on the Micro and Mini with the wire shoulder rest and the rest can close while firing the smaller Uzis. The guy had that problem in the video but being a young 30 something and being familiar with the weapon kept the weapon under control. He did shoot to the left and off the target when the wire stock started to collapse to the right side of the weapon.

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by derby_dude

Well you were almost right. I researched you tube on the Uzi. To slow down the rate on the Micro you can put in a heavier bolt and it will slow down the rate. Go back to the normal bolt and the rate is higher and standard for the Micro. The guy in the video did just that and no problems were encountered.

I also came across a video on the Micro and Mini with the wire shoulder rest and the rest can close while firing the smaller Uzis. The guy had that problem in the video but being a young 30 something and being familiar with the weapon kept the weapon under control. He did shoot to the left and off the target when the wire stock started to collapse to the right side of the weapon.
That's not an "adjustable cyclic rate" that's just playing with the physics of the gun. There are some weapons that have a device to either alter (VZ61 Skorpion as an example) or make the cyclic rate adjustable (BAR as an example).

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

That's not an "adjustable cyclic rate" that's just playing with the physics of the gun. There are some weapons that have a device to either alter (VZ61 Skorpion as an example) or make the cyclic rate adjustable (BAR as an example).

Ya I know that I was just trying to help you out. The bolt is real easy to change but I would not want to have to that in battle.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger

Ya I know that I was just trying to help you out. The bolt is real easy to change but I would not want to have to that in battle.
I would hope to never find myself in a battle armed with a Micro-UZI. They're the epitome of worthless. Cyclic rate is WAY too high, they're very difficult to control for any sort of meaningful accuracy. It's basically a machine pistol and just like all other machine pistols; worthless.

I guess with an extended shoulder stock on semi-auto it's better than nothing.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by Savage_99
Nine yo is too young to handle a firearm.

And you're too stupid to be posting on an internet forum...yet here you are.

Camp is where you make it.
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

542 members (1Longbow, 10gaugeman, 2500HD, 22250rem, 06hunter59, 1234, 53 invisible), 3,347 guests, and 1,222 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,705
Posts18,534,770
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.