Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 10 of 11 1 2 8 9 10 11
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Dumb Don,

You forgot about Imaginary Pretend Ignore.

Again.

Laughing!.................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
HR IC

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Big Stick
PS and by the way...why is it that you Whining Clueless Kchunts who "do" the least,get horned up soooooooo easily and start musiongyour Cockly Fascinations aloud,when stumped by something as simplistic as a rifle?

Congratulations?................

You stupid one track minded puzzy, no one's cluesless here...............you don't seem to be able to distinguish between being smart enough to stay away from that which causes angst & that which doesn't, so once again a resort no name calling.

I revel in the success of not being in the Kimber fold when MR's & Ti's do more that is required with ease & w/o the moaning.

Have a great day Fugghead.

MM

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by MontanaMan
PS and by the way...why is it that you Whining Clueless Kchunts who "do" the least,get horned up soooooooo easily and start musiongyour Cockly Fascinations aloud,when stumped by something as simplistic as a rifle?

Congratulations?................

You stupid one track minded puzzy, no one's cluesless here...............you don't seem to be able to distinguish between being smart enough to stay away from that which causes angst & that which doesn't, so once again a resort no name calling.

I revel in the success of not being in the Kimber fold when MR's & Ti's do more that is required with ease & w/o the moaning.

Have a great day Fugghead.

MM

Hang a pic of a Splendid Beastie you've Ti'd. It will be funny!

Didn't mean to upset your Estrogen Level so much,for you to yield a Hissy Fit.

PS and by the way you Clueless Phuqq..."cluesless" is HILARIOUS!

You are doing "great".

Laughing!................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
What's the difference between spending $1,000 for a Kimber and tweaking it vs putting a handle on a Winnie, Remmie, Tikka or WTF else and doing the same? Other than the fact that a 24oz stock on those will run $600 and in the end you pay more for less......

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Careful now...you are ruffling MontanaMam's feathers and she is a Vagenius. Laughing!

I doubt I've built much more than 60 Customs and probably in more than one contour,length,twist chambering,handle,etc. Am thinking pards have a few too.(grin)

If the Montucky had arrived first,The Herd would look a bunch different.

Hint...................

IC B2

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I've been following this thread as I have been strongly considering a Montana in 308. It's been disappointing because of all the crazy back and forth and insults. I'd like to just have a thread where we talk about the pros and cons of the Montana and hear from users with first hand experience. I was planning on a Forbes 20B in 308, and we all saw the epic thread about how bad Forbes was, so the Montana is my next option. Just trying to get good info before dropping $1300+ on a rifle.

"Never miss the opportunity to shut the f$%K up." Colonel Hopewell.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
What don't you understand? Point out the word(s) that were too big or too tricky.

You've been led to water.

Hint...............

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by STS45
I've been following this thread as I have been strongly considering a Montana in 308. It's been disappointing because of all the crazy back and forth and insults. I'd like to just have a thread where we talk about the pros and cons of the Montana and hear from users with first hand experience. I was planning on a Forbes 20B in 308, and we all saw the epic thread about how bad Forbes was, so the Montana is my next option. Just trying to get good info before dropping $1300+ on a rifle.

It's impossible to get a thread like you describe.

People buy a $600 rifle, buy a $600 stock for it, bed it, tweak the trigger, etc and have a rifle that is still not as light, nor balance as well as the Kimber and they are happy with it. These same people buy a $1200 Kimber brand new, shoot it a few times and won't take the 15-30 minutes required to check/correct whatever minor ailments the Kimber might have, declaring "For $1200 it should be perfect".

The people that recognize the value of the Kimber package as delivered are happy to spend the few extra minutes to make their rifle's shoot. They are generally perplexed that someone would happily pay the same for a rifle that's not as good, add in at least as much time checking/tweaking and declare the rifle that's the same price for less the better value.

If you're going to get your undies in a bunch because you pay $1200 for a new rifle and it's not perfect as received, the Kimber probably isn't for you. If you can recognize that being able to pick a rifle off the shelf that combines light weight, great balance and a great stock is a great value even if you have to spend 30 minutes tweaking it to make it perfect, then the Kimber is your huckleberry.

David

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I've never not Started At The Start with every rifle I've had.

That includes more than (1) Make,chambering,contour and twist rate...if only for conversation.

I remain in the Business of buying "bad" Montuckys that "don't shoot".

Hint...................(grin)

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

There's always the idea that you could buy a (insert rifle here) and see WTF for yourself, without all the Internet reviews, campfire recommendations, Field and Stream articles, etc, etc. Its ok to chew your own food.

IC B3

N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
buncha folks keep testin the water ... over and over ... and never get in ...

Uber Demanding Rifle Aficionado
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I'm diggin' it.

FUNNY schit!..............

O
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
O

I had my montana 308 devcon bedded, even before I fired the first shot (same as every other factory rifle I've ever purchased); adjusted the trigger; bit of load development and not looked back since.
Great combination of light weight, handy size, crf, good trigger and plenty accurate for my needs.
It's one I'll be keeping.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Often interesting gun wares out of the box and extrapolate same.

Hint...............

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R

If you are looking for a rifle with the weight and features of the Montana 84m then there isn't anything that comes close. If you just want a fairly light rifle that you won't have to do anything to but shoot, then you might be better off with a Tikka Superlight.

The Kimber is great if you don't mind checking things like action screw lengths and if a mag box is binding, or possibly skim bedding the action, and these things need to be done with any rifle, but if you are looking for perfection because of cost, it doesn't exist.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
The Montucky is simply the most,for the least.

Nothing else comes close to connecting as many dots................

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by osix

I had my montana 308 devcon bedded, even before I fired the first shot (same as every other factory rifle I've ever purchased); adjusted the trigger; bit of load development and not looked back since.
Great combination of light weight, handy size, crf, good trigger and plenty accurate for my needs.

Awesome info. Never said I was looking for perfection out of the box. I appreciate the info, these are all things that are easy.

"Never miss the opportunity to shut the f$%K up." Colonel Hopewell.
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by osix

Awesome info. Never said I was looking for perfection out of the box. I appreciate the info, these are all things that are easy.

I think you would enjoy a Montana. I bought one earlier this year in 7mm-08 and in factory ammo. it liked some loads and some it did not. the ones it liked were right at or under an inch for 3 at 100 yards.

I'm just getting into reloading and looking forward to really getting a load worked up that it really loves.

I bought new because from all my web research, I decided that the newer ones might be a bit better in QC, and I wanted a warranty.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Does same apply to wood stocked classic selects? Might be awhile, but thats my next purchase. Just cant like a blind mag for some reason.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The Montucky is simply the most,for the least.

This

Maker of the Frankenstud Sling Keeper
Page 10 of 11 1 2 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

548 members (1OntarioJim, 06hunter59, 204guy, 12344mag, 219DW, 1Longbow, 70 invisible), 2,436 guests, and 1,211 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,302
Posts18,487,100
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.