Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
W
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
W
Anybody watch this show? Some of the episodes I swear hunters are portrayed as slobs.
Last episode I watched he was bear "hunting". Dogs chased a bear and it climbed a tree. Buck huffs and puffs over there and stands below the bear and shoots it out of the tree. He proceeds to shake hands with people like he did something great. He calls himself a sportsman????

Feel the Bern in your wallet.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
One of my college roommates would watch his soap opera and switch it to his show so that I wouldn't catch him. That was over 20 years ago, and he was an out of shape slob back then. I don't see how he can even do a show anymore.

If you love someone set them free
If they come back no one else liked them
Set them free again
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You ever hunted bear behind dogs?

Not saying I like Buck, but I got nothing against running dogs on bear. Some people call sitting in a stand hunting, but I don't bag on em if that's how they like to hunt.

Screw you! I'm voting for Trump again!

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the 24HCF.
N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
I love to watch hunting shows but too many are over the top with the high Five's and stupid celebration. This is just another example.

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
I am old, out of shape - well maybe that's not entirely true, I just have a lot of stuff missing, screwed together or stuck in scar tissue - so that I lumber through the woods like a buckboard with square wheels, and still I enjoy hunting. I hunt alone out of embarrassment for being such a klutz, so I can't high-five anyone. Then again I don't hunt anything edible, just ground squirrels. They ain't edible because you'd need a straw and strong stomach to do so. Now I do carry a pig tag, because I used to see wild pigs here and there until I bought the tag. They must have found out and are nowhere to be seen since.

My brain can't comprehend hunting shows, or even Duck Dynasty, although the family dinner at the close is nice. My family get togethers were more like brawls over small stuff like the Reformation. We never said grace because they couldn't agree which Jesus they were praying to, the Protestant or Catholic one. Why this was important I never fully understood.

Watched one show where the guys were turkey hunting. They was all dressed up in what would pass as Gillie suits, with painted faces, camo wrapped shotguns and who know what else. I though this strange because wild turkeys walk through our gun club firing line while we're shooting to feed downrange. This causes a ceasefire of course, until someone can chase them away. Why, many's the time where I see a little turkey head popup behind my target, just as I am squeezing - so I call another ceasefire. So here's this guy posing as a tree with scabies, sitting up against its trunk, and pointing towards a couple of really stupid turkeys, while the guide whispers in his ear: "That one on the left is a good tom, let him get closer." While he makes turkey noises on a box of some sort. Suddenly, KABOOM, and another turkey joins the heavenly choir of feather dusters in the sky. Now I gotta tell ya, that was spectacular television! I'd rank it somewhere between Ice Road Truckers and watching equipment failures on Bering Sea Gold.

So, to answer the question, no I do not watch the Buck McNeely Outdoors Show. In fact I never heard of Buck McNeely. The last guy I knew named Buck was an aging RCA cowboy that should have quit when he was ahead. He got bucked off a bronc and landed in a hot dog stand, drowned in sauerkraut.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I cringe at the unsafe gun-handling on most of these shows. Can handle the DU shows pretty well, though.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I used to watch hunting shows religiously. I still pay an extra $8/month to get them all. Problem is, I haven't watched any for years now. I'll flip one on once in a while, but rarely pay attention to it.

Buck McNeely couldn't hold my attention back when I did actually watch.........

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
He's a putz

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by 1Longbow
He's a putz

summed it up pretty well..

M
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
M
I watched one Buck McNeely show years ago, because he was fishing a part of Alaska I'd fished. Turned it off when he "released" fish by dragging them up on the bankside rocks, jerked the hook out of their mouth while they flopped around, then kicked them back into the water.

Don't watch many hunting/fishing TV shows, but when I do make sure it's not Buck's.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
IC B3

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
I watched him years ago a couple of times. Can't stand him. Ask him why he got banned from hunting in Alaska, in fact in the entire US for a year if you ever see him.

charges

Last edited by mart; 09/01/14.

Chronographs, bore scopes and pattern boards have broke a lot of hearts.
L
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
I hate the stupid [bleep] is from my home state

M
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
M
mart,

Thanks for the link. I heard about the case through other people, but had never seen a report. What an azzhole--but then, I already knew that!

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

608 members (1beaver_shooter, 1936M71, 160user, 204guy, 1badf350, 68 invisible), 2,941 guests, and 1,334 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,192
Posts18,503,533
Members73,993
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.