G
Originally Posted by BobinNH
I got one....I stopped there.

As with Sakos.........

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

I didn't

got this little burl number in just last Friday.......

[Linked Image]

I'm not only a collector, but also a user.

Like Sakos, I've found Ricky Bob's knives to be both elegant, well made, functional tools that I'm proud to own.

Best,

GWB

A Kill Artist. When I draw, I draw blood.
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Rosewood Burl ?

P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P

That's nice....but it's worthless if the thing doesn't work. frown

The problem with mine is they do work, flawlessly.

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by RDFinn
Rosewood Burl ?

Yes.

GWB

PS: Cutting Edge investments are always a sharp decision if bought right and timely.

Last edited by geedubya; 09/01/14.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
The truth will set him free smile
Originally Posted by Pat85

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I think Rick needs to make a knife named " The Case Plucker " in Bob's honor.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
quisiera usted proto

S
SLM Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Me gustar�a ver el proto

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
s�

U
UAE Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
U
Okay
As usual the world is full of jerk, freak, EXPERT especially on forum.....

I have BIAS cause I have 6 sako.... 2 rimfire and 4 centerfire 85 actions..... Never Had any trouble or jam.... The sako 85 action is one of the smoothest & fastest action you can buy....
Accuracy is just top of top.... trigger too....

weak is sometimes like bedding.... such "mechanic" would worth better synthetic stock and bedding.... I own a 243, 7/08, 7mmRM and 338WMG and I plan to ad a sako 85 varmint in 223 asap my wallet could afford...

AND the optiloc works very well but it's a bulky expensive scope mount.... So now I use the optiloc "rings" without the base... it's a realiable lower mount or the Talley on my last kodiak 338 WMG....

If you ad a McMillan stock you have a complete set up for +/- 2500$ which is going to perform as well as a $5000 custom rifle....

Sorry for some redneck folks.... but you should understand.... Rifle ingineering started in EUROPE.... German invented all the modern guns we use today.... Kimber, Remington Ruger etc are just copy of what most of "out of the box" european gunmaker make better than US.... That's why you have to buy custom rifle.... If you buy Sako, Steyr, Mauser, Blaser etc you have US custom rifle performance.... sorry buddies.... I love Ruger firearms but it's not a Sako.... anyway.... buy a sako 85 if you have money or sell two or three craps to invest on one Sako but don't talk about you don't know or worst soemthing you have never used....

when I was young without money, I was dreaming of many rifles in many cartridge... My dad advice was save your money to buy ONE top rifle in ONE versatile cartridge more than Three craps.... One of the best advice I got... you can buy 2.5 Ruger; 3 remington 2 kimber or buy one sako... it's a choice... but please stop to speak about you don't know....or be jealous.... of people buying 2000$ or 7000$ rifle... I can't afford a 5000$ rifle but it's not why I [bleep] custom maker like McMillan, Borden.... moreover I have my "homemade" solution to get the same performance for 2500$....

Last edited by UAE; 09/01/14.
IC B3

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by rickmenefee
The truth will set him free smile

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Work for me.

GWB

Last edited by geedubya; 09/01/14.

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
In fact after all this "hard use" posting,

[Linked Image]

I think I"m gonna go out in the back, and take a break.

Best,

GWB

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
80.5 grains of h1000 . 180 grain accubond out of a 75 bedded in a Macmillan stock.

Thanks.

I tried 81.0 grains of H1000 with 180 grain partitions and it would only do a 1 to 1.25 inches for a three shot groups. Same powder with 165 grain partition groups in a ragged hole.

I just loaded some 180 grain BT's with H1000. Maybe that will get me to .5.

Dink

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by UAE
Okay
As usual the world is full of jerk, freak, EXPERT especially on forum.....

I have BIAS cause I have 6 sako.... 2 rimfire and 4 centerfire 85 actions..... Never Had any trouble or jam.... The sako 85 action is one of the smoothest & fastest action you can buy....
Accuracy is just top of top.... trigger too....

weak is sometimes like bedding.... such "mechanic" would worth better synthetic stock and bedding.... I own a 243, 7/08, 7mmRM and 338WMG and I plan to ad a sako 85 varmint in 223 asap my wallet could afford...

AND the optiloc works very well but it's a bulky expensive scope mount.... So now I use the optiloc "rings" without the base... it's a realiable lower mount or the Talley on my last kodiak 338 WMG....

If you ad a McMillan stock you have a complete set up for +/- 2500$ which is going to perform as well as a $5000 custom rifle....

Sorry for some redneck folks.... but you should understand.... Rifle ingineering started in EUROPE.... German invented all the modern guns we use today.... Kimber, Remington Ruger etc are just copy of what most of "out of the box" european gunmaker make better than US.... That's why you have to buy custom rifle.... If you buy Sako, Steyr, Mauser, Blaser etc you have US custom rifle performance.... sorry buddies.... I love Ruger firearms but it's not a Sako.... anyway.... buy a sako 85 if you have money or sell two or three craps to invest on one Sako but don't talk about you don't know or worst soemthing you have never used....

when I was young without money, I was dreaming of many rifles in many cartridge... My dad advice was save your money to buy ONE top rifle in ONE versatile cartridge more than Three craps.... One of the best advice I got... you can buy 2.5 Ruger; 3 remington 2 kimber or buy one sako... it's a choice... but please stop to speak about you don't know....or be jealous.... of people buying 2000$ or 7000$ rifle... I can't afford a 5000$ rifle but it's not why I [bleep] custom maker like McMillan, Borden.... moreover I have my "homemade" solution to get the same performance for 2500$....

+1 with the exception of Ruger rifles. I hate them.

Dink

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
I have owned a grand total of three Sako rifles, still have two.
A stainless laminate 75(traded off, heavy...), stainless/syn 85 and a stainless A7, all 300 WSM's.

The 85 with lunker Z and optilocs must weigh 9lbs. Way too heavy for a walk around gun IMO. Shot one dink antelope with it, over 2k rounds through it but only hunted a few times.

Old pic when it was new.

Nice rifle, the stock is nothing to brag about but the barrel and action are slick(IMHO), great trigger. I keep thinking it should become a 270 or 7 WSM. Maybe a McMillian stock.

[Linked Image]

By far my favorite is the A7, 7lbs scoped with a 6x42 Leupold.
Used it 4 years in a row and took 4 bucks with it.

Both rifles love the same 180 Partition load(yeah I know PT's suck....grin)
175 SMK's for fun, shoot to the same POI as the Noslers.

[Linked Image]

P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by DINK
80.5 grains of h1000 . 180 grain accubond out of a 75 bedded in a Macmillan stock.

Thanks.

I tried 81.0 grains of H1000 with 180 grain partitions and it would only do a 1 to 1.25 inches for a three shot groups. Same powder with 165 grain partition groups in a ragged hole.

I just loaded some 180 grain BT's with H1000. Maybe that will get me to .5.

Dink

I was getting 3" groups at 300 with that load. Decided to bed the action to see if it would tighten up a little.

V
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
V
That's a beautiful pic of the A7 Sam...................Hb

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter

LMAO!!!

U
UAE Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
U
Originally Posted by shortactionsmoker
+2 hillbilly....if it's so dang easy, why don't they do something about it?

Like I said before, I'll never buy another long action 85. FWIW, the Beretta rep for this part of the country is a local boy. He can tell you some stories relating to issues with the LA 85.

a local REDNECK ???? or a local ex-black & decker ????
cause the only real problem with Sako that is Beretta USA is managed by ex-amateur from black & Decker......

some men have gorgeous women and they don't understant why they find them with the neighbor.... cause they don't know how ride them.... rifle are like womem....

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I've had several several rifles for my young life span but I will tell you that there has never been a factory rifle I have owned that is anywhere as close as my 85 270wsm not close kimbers are nice and winchester classic with a good aftermarket sticks are great but the st finnlight is perfect in every way even ejecting cases I have read these forums about people bashing every manufacture known to man if you don't like your rifle put it on the classifieds and sell it buy something you want to try same with bows scopes trucks boots etc it's just a materialist item get another

Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

563 members (1_deuce, 257_X_50, 222Sako, 2500HD, 257 mag, 1minute, 61 invisible), 2,580 guests, and 1,308 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,562
Posts18,473,169
Members73,940
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.