Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 14
M
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
M
Yeah, I will. We're hoping to have copies by November, and will be announcing it then, both here and on some others sites.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Damned few folks have a grip on the big picture,which you express accidentally. That would include rifle,glass,mounts,bullets,barrels and how to apply same towards animals,with a stop at the reloading bench to add more humor.

A "bumbling fool",is very much selling your complete and total ignorance well shy,of it's impressive designator.

Easy to discern,who bangs around more than a smidge and who's all hat and no Ranch.

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Bang for 3x the buck,the SWFA Fixed are in a league of their own,when weighing all attributes in extrapolation.

A scope's SOLE purpose is to steer bullets and it is incredible,how many folks swoon all the things that don't bear fruit.

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Wait a second .... I recognize that prose....

You better pray to the God of Skinny Punks that this wind doesn't pick up......
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Fenced Forays are a "Test" of nothing,other than how low a Texan will reliably stoop and concoct excuses.

BDC's assuredly suck too.

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Facts have a way of sinking in.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Third time's the charm, huh Larry?

I belong on eroding granite, among the pines.
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Originally Posted by JGRaider
Originally Posted by Formidilosus

There is no free lunch. However scopes could be A LOT better at what scopes are supposed to do- hold an aiming point consistently and adjust correctly every time. But we will never see that because very few actually shoot. Even here with a board full of aficianados all anyone crows about is "glass". One of the least important attributes of modern scopes. But it is "seen" by every singe dude who doesn't shoot. People buy scopes (and rifles) so they can pull it out of the safe and brag to their buddies about the "glass".... To "see" zero retention, tracking, correct and consistent adjustments when actually used would require people to go and shoot, which would lead to worn out barrels and rifles that don't look brand new.

I always get a kick out of this "very few actually shoot" mentality, and that those "who don't shoot" are bottom feeding idiots.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that "those that shoot" are a very minute part of the big game hunting population, therefore most diehard big game hunters are not "shooters". Would you buy that? I'd go so far as to say that 95% of big game hunters (myself included) are more of a set it and forget type turret/scope guy, and they get along quite well in the field by doing so. I've only had one scope lose zero in over 40 years of hunting.

If your world of "shooters" is strictly a tactical one, then fine. But to classify everyone who "doesn't shoot" as a bunch of bumbling fools is, well, foolish on your part. I'm beginning to think the only thing bigger than BS's mouth is your ego.

There's nothing wrong with using information gleaned from the "tactical" crowd to improve gear for the "hunting" segment, much as the "tactical" folks have fairly recently adopted techniques that they picked up from "competition" shooters. And, I wish more hunters got out and shot a whole lot more than they do. Shooting skills are not improved by reading online forums and gun magazines, only by actually shooting.

I, for one, had a good chuckle when I read Formidilosus' comments. A couple of years ago, I picked up a Zeiss Diavari 2.5-10x42 for its glass, and it's sat in the safe ever since. Oh, sure, once in a while a buddy will ask me to bring it out to the range so we can compare its glass to other scopes, and we ooh and ahh like girls looking at someone's new engagement ring. Otherwise, I haven't figured out an application for that scope for me, so I really should just sell it.

Originally Posted by RED53
Some shooting knowledge: Don't stand in front of the muzzle. Some hunting knowledge: Too much noise ruins the hunt.
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
You've certainly convinced me to give the SS a try. Wondering if the glass on the 10x works well enough in low-light. Have heard the 6x is the best for light, simply for diopter size, and that some 20's don't work for much beyond full sun.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by HuntnShoot
You've certainly convinced me to give the SS a try. Wondering if the glass on the 10x works well enough in low-light. Have heard the 6x is the best for light, simply for diopter size, and that some 20's don't work for much beyond full sun.

I shot the crap outta this 10x rear-focus model on a .50BMG. The scope survived, but the glass would still suck for first and last light shooting for me. It is light-years ahead of the 20x, but the 6x is, to my eyes, light years ahead of it as well.

YMMV

[Linked Image]

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I've yet to see a SINGLE soul of the incredible fortitude requisite,to pass on arranging POA/POI correlations,after having seen that light. I mean it is a very lovely theorum,that fretting an initial zero only to arrange MANDATORY guessing on every shot after that,just may lose some luster in extrapolation. Read that again.

Have had 100's of folks throwing rigging off of cliffs and cutting checks,after just a single poke. The astute could NOT refrain and only the most bumbling of boobs could proceed in such a compromised fashion.

I can't remember if I've beat Zeiss up yet,or not.(grin)

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
When it's all said and done,you will have said a LOT more than you done.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A scope's SOLE purpose is to steer bullets and it is incredible,how many folks swoon all the things that don't bear fruit.

That's a mighty bold statement. If you actually knew what you were talking about you would say a scopes SOLE purpose is to generate income for the scope manufacturer.

How one uses is it is totally subjective. I have a couple that are used entirely to compare with other optics. My Bushnell 6500 is sorta for braggin' about. I have not had the rifle it's on out of the case in over a year; but I own it. I have a Swarovski I have little confidence it, but like its weight and low light performance so keep it. Sometimes it seems like it uses centimeter adjustments and other times it seems like 1/4" clicks. The manufacturers couldn't care less what we use our scopes for.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Your idea of "use",assuredly is not.

Nor was there need to reiterate these facts:

"A scope's SOLE purpose is to steer bullets and it is incredible,how many folks swoon all the things that don't bear fruit."

Great time for you to start taking notes.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Nobody mentioned Vortex...

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Matter of time and the bigger the hat and smaller the ranch,the "better" they are too.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
All the fellas at the Whorehouse say they are awesome. Excellent warranty!!

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Ringman
I have a couple that are used entirely to compare with other optics. My Bushnell 6500 is sorta for braggin' about. I have not had the rifle it's on out of the case in over a year; but I own it.

That is just so awesome!!

A wise man is frequently humbled.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by RealityCheque
When it's all said and done,you will have said a LOT more than you done.

I understand that you MUST be an ass 23/7, but could you at least answer my query? What is the light-gathering on the 10x like? How well would it work in low-light shooting? Is the 6x so much better as to make the trade-off in magnification worth it?

I wish they made an 8x. That is what covers my hunting the best.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I'm not in the business of holding hands nor coddling bumbling boobs.

The reality is,what doesn't "work" for "all" that you "do".

Poignant,ain't it?

Page 5 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 14

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

100 members (badwolf, 257 mag, 35, BABore, 10 invisible), 1,444 guests, and 923 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,623
Posts18,474,064
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.