Print Thread
Hop To
Page 12 of 14 1 2 10 11 12 13 14
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by Formidilosus

I'll make you a deal, buy the 3-9x42mm in mil quad, or 6x in same, shoot the dog piss out of it and if you don't like it I will buy it from you for a fair price, scratches and all. Or I will send you one of mine and you can beat it to hell and see wtf.

Where the rubber meets the road!

Is anybody willing to do the same with a Leup??? Of special interest is option B, and I suggest it goes to Big Boxer.

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
FormD,

Much obliged for your observations and input. I also appreciate the kind and generous offer. I already have a fixed 10x. If you had a 3-15x42mm on hand I'd likely take you up on your offer to give it a quick finger and eye fondle. grin

The couple fixed 10's I've had have served well. Just very once in awhile I get the itch for a tad more magnification for small targets at distance.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by prairie_goat
The issue isn't so much the weight of the scope. ..... It's like loading a dead moose on the top of a Suburban vs. loading the same moose on the top of a Yugo. Which one is going to handle the load better driving in traffic?

prairie goat;
Good afternoon to you sir, I trust this finds you well this cool September afternoon.

I'll begin with a mostly sincere apology to you and all in the thread as we can't get SWFA scopes up here - no importer I'm gathering - so I've not so much as even held one....

We do have moose however and while it's not a Yugo - I do offer a Canuck redneck transportation device.
[Linked Image]

The Civic they told me, was never quite the same again. wink

All the best to you this fall and good luck on your hunts.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by BC30cal
The issue isn't so much the weight of the scope. ..... It's like loading a dead moose on the top of a Suburban vs. loading the same moose on the top of a Yugo. Which one is going to handle the load better driving in traffic?

prairie goat;
Good afternoon to you sir, I trust this finds you well this cool September afternoon.

I'll begin with a mostly sincere apology to you and all in the thread as we can't get SWFA scopes up here - no importer I'm gathering - so I've not so much as even held one....

We do have moose however and while it's not a Yugo - I do offer a Canuck redneck transportation device.
[Linked Image]

Dwayne

Ha! Good stuff Dwayne! The suspension looks a wee bit bottomed out. eek

I would imagine the back of whomever lifted the moose up there was never the same again, either!

Good luck to you this fall as well.

Billy

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by BC30cal

prairie goat;

[Linked Image]

Dwayne

Very nice - love the mud grips in the front....

David

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
prairie goat;
Thanks Billy and David for taking the "photo interlude" in the spirit it was offered.

One of the two fellows who got the moose onto the Civic is only a few inches taller than my towering 5'6", but he's a very mechanical sort of gentlemen, so I can only guess what kind of guy ropes and trusses he and the other chap used to load it.

If foggy memory serves, they roped it on through the open windows, but the doors might not have worked properly with the moose on the roof either.

Thanks for the returned good wishes on the season Billy, I appreciate it.

It's already been a grand one in that I managed to call in a small herd of elk this morning and though the 4x5 bull didn't have enough points for me to shoot - we're in a 6 point zone - any morning that I can watch some elk feed and talk for almost 20 minutes makes a good start of a season for me. grin

Oh, I saw 3 rams on the way down the mountain too, one of them was OK and the other two were youngsters. Nice to see though.

Thanks again to both of you and again good luck on your hunts.

Dwayne

Last edited by BC30cal; 09/12/14.

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Originally Posted by rcamuglia
A wise man would take a look at the Leupold VX 3 4.5-14 LR 40mm objective, 30mm tube CDS. Had a TMR installed at the custom shop and mounted it on my lightweight Creedmoor.

Perfect for a lightweight, long range-capable rig

A not so good scope for a lightweight rig. I tried it- terrible.

IF I were going to buy a long range scope for a lightweight rig I would chose the Zeiss 3-15 HD5, 18 oz and a full 3 1/2" eye relief across the board. Mounted one the other day and was impressed.

NRA Benefactor Member

Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Enjoying the hilarity!

Hoalie you "daring" "trend setter" you,lemme letcha' in on a little "secret"...Stupidity ain't a trend,it's a PLIGHT and the differences are stark. Hint. Laffin'!

This schit is all "new" to me.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Just saying.

Laffin'!

You couldn't afford to keep me in lens caps...bless your heart. PS and by the way,you are drooling,again!

Hint.

'smith,

I doubt I've had much more than 100+ Reuplods. Might even have got a scratch on one,as I was taking it out of the case.(grin)

Newest on is a PEACH.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

You might be right...I prolly shoulda ordered more 75MOA 1913 extended rails.(grin)

Oddly enough,none of these CLUELESS Window Licking Kcunts have shot a MR/Montucky with said glass and I too,am enjoying the schit out of that humor.

Imagination and Pretend are VERY "real" to many and they're on an EPIC tear here.

Laffin'!

Smells like a Brux 1-8" contour dupe at 20.3" in 6BR with a 105 'Max kissing 'bout here and wearing .0025" constriction.

[img]http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/1280x1024q90/538/uVX0St.jpg[/img]
[img]http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/1280x1024q90/540/eNgWYz.jpg[/img]

The ONLY thing tipping over,will be Splendid Beasties and the Texas Twatorium is gonna lament the fact,that there ain't no fences!

Laffin'!

'Course The BMFOTP will rate a FF MQ too,beings the bolt is freshly bushed.

[img]http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/1280x1024q90/674/iQXpxW.jpg[/img]
[img]http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/1280x1024q90/674/Hu9Shp.jpg[/img]

Funny how it actually works and I mean phuqqing FUNNY!

Wow +P+.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Whats the turn around on the bolt,Gre-Tan I assume?.I need to fill the UPS truck with a shipment ha, looks good.

Last edited by rosco1; 09/12/14.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Boxer
Enjoying the hilarity!

Hoalie you "daring" "trend setter" you,lemme letcha' in on a little "secret"...Stupidity ain't a trend,it's a PLIGHT and the differences are stark. Hint. Laffin'!

This schit is all "new" to me.

I am going to "imagine" and "pretend" that you were not acting like something else was the cat's azz for steering bullets when I put that SS on my rifle.

But you were......

IC B3

N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
Looking forward to seeing the finished product on that 6BR.

Uber Demanding Rifle Aficionado
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Big Stick
I doubt I've been around much more than 20 or so MR/Montuckys wearing same and all got vastly SUPERIOR and in non-lineal fashion,in regards to inherent abilities added in extrapolation,to the modest ounces added. Read that again. Hint.

Agree.

Originally Posted by 32_20fan
FOst,

I see tunneling (change in mag with no change in FOV and increased black ring size in the view) in the 3-9x42 from about 4x down to the 3x.

Also agree. I leave it on 4x for close quarters stuff, and go up from there as distance increases or object size decreases.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by dennisinaz
While the SS apparently has great tracking it doesn't have much eye relief at 9X. It also varies greatly between 3 and 9 on the eye relief. I can't stand that. Might work for you guys shooting gas guns but doesn't work for me shooting in field positions when trying to hit something while lying on one side of a canyon, trying to shoot to another. I gave my sample back.

As for putting one on a Mtn rifle that is absurd! Balance would be so bad it wouldn't even be enjoyable to shoot. I tried several scopes on mine and finally settled on a 2.5-8 with a B&C. I had this reticle added and I guess Leuplod gave it their bullet proof treatment. I took a pretty bad tumble off my Mtn bike two weeks ago with the rifle on my back. I came home just knowing that it was ruined.

It was off 1/2" at 200 yards! Guess it is pretty tough.

I don't doubt that Leuplod is having some quality issues but they still make a pretty nice scope for the money. They are about the only ones that understand eye relief too.

Been working with a couple of Vortex scopes. I like everything about them except their lack of adequate eye relief for magnum use.

Actually the 8400 balances better with the SS than with the FX3 that preceded it. And prone on 9x with 7WSM full-house loads shooting 162's at 3050 fps is not a problem if one uses a bit of sense regarding scope setup, shooting position, and cheek weld.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Jordan Smith
[Linked Image]

Jordan,

Did Lil Fish mount that scope? laugh

It seems a might bit far back, as in the ocular is actually over the comb.

I have nothing against SWFA and from all reports they are good quality optic at that price point but from the picture that scope appears to be impossible to properly mount.

Could you hang a picture of the rifle shouldered with the right eye relief?

John Burns

I have all the sources.
They can't stop the signal.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by JohnBurns
[Linked Image]

Jordan,

I have nothing against SWFA and from all reports they are good quality optic at that price point but from the picture that scope appears to be impossible to properly mount.

Looks like a JeffO mounting job to me

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
My body morphology dictates how I mount a scope not how it looks in a picture on the campfire, of course I know way less than many of those from Texas, Montana, California, and Colorado on the forum... whistle So if you have a short fat neck.... smile

anyhow these all fit me perfect the glass is at the right place for my shoulders, neck, and eye. Remember "I am just sayin is all"...

[Linked Image]

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by JohnBurns
[Linked Image]

Jordan,

John,

Haha, the scope is mounted so the ER from prone on 9x, and from standing on 4x, is ideal for me. It does have a long ocular assy, but it's not a problem. I was able to dig this up on my PB account...

[Linked Image]

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T

Haha, the scope is mounted so the ER from prone on 9x, and from standing on 4x, is ideal for me. It does have a long ocular assy, but it's not a problem. I was able to dig this up on my PB account...

[Linked Image]

Which means your stock is about 3/4 of an inch too long. It baffles me why most can't understand this. It is almost like arguing with libtards.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by Take_a_knee

Which means your stock is about 3/4 of an inch too long. It baffles me why most can't understand this. It is almost like arguing with libtards.

Says the guy that doesn't know how to use google....

David

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I wasn't gonna say anything smile

It looks to me like eye relief may be a problem. Another post noted eye box issues.

Originally Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
Page 12 of 14 1 2 10 11 12 13 14

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

535 members (1936M71, 1Akshooter, 12344mag, 1beaver_shooter, 007FJ, 1OntarioJim, 56 invisible), 2,375 guests, and 848 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,803
Posts18,496,365
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.